Unfair bias towards some guilds regarding new operations

We did the same thing once, except we intentionally left Brontes up and spinning around for the entire rest of the fight. She actually stops spinning and goes back to teleporting around the room while you are looting. What we need is for someone to make a video of doing that in hard mode. :D That, and the thing that happens if no one gets her crystal.

oh my god I need to do this

Isn't there still an NDA? So, how would you know this? I mean, *know* this? Just because scuttlebutt is that Guild Y is in doesn't make it fact.

No NDA ever prevents you from saying you're on testing this. You can't say anything about the contents, sure, but the fact itself? Not a secret.

No NDA ever prevents you from saying you're on testing this. You can't say anything about the contents, sure, but the fact itself? Not a secret.

You missed my point: I can tell you all I want that I am in the Beta for SOR. So what? It proves nothing. I mean the OP is absolutely pointless regardless. I was merely pointing out that unless he is in the Beta with them, he has ntohing but conjecture. And I wouldn't go so far as saying *NO* NDA ever prevents you from saying that. But, I'll grant you that perhaps no MMO beta-testing NDA prevents that. (I am not in SOR's Beta so haven't read its fine print).

Actually, in connection to another thread that has since been deleted, I had a friend who had not signed their NDA yet read to me the part related to this.

Addendum A provides a specific, non-comprehensive, list of examples of what is considered to be confidential information:

"1) The fact that there is an official beta program for the game expansion.

2) The fact that you are a member of the official beta program for the game expansion."

So, in fact, a player even mentioning that the beta exists, or that they are participating in it, is a breech.

Edited by Levram

I like how that would effectively mean that the NDA itself gives out alleged NDA-protected information before you even sign it.

The Developers are not covered by their own NDA agreement. They can say whatever they want to, including to privately inform an individual player that a beta program exists by delivering a contract to them sign which regulates the player's behaviours. It's not a two-way street.

The Developers are not covered by their own NDA agreement. They can say whatever they want to, including to privately inform an individual player that a beta program exists by delivering a contract to them sign which regulates the player's behaviours. It's not a two-way street.

That's not the point. People who don't sign anything are also not covered, but they still receive allegedly protected information. So they can spread it around all they want, even though people who have agreed to any alleged terms cannot.

Edited by Kryand

Why bother, the ops will get cleared within 24 hours max anyway.

Its not rocket sience.

Just check who is missing on live at certain times if you care.

You don't even need to do that. Some guilds have already posted screenshots of their final boss fights online. Google "Zorz breaks NDA" if you really wanna see it and ruin it for yourself.

I think its an advantage but rather than knowing what the fights are (I mean, those will change between PTS and live anyway), I worry more about folks knowing things like what mats will be valuable and what won't, what to stockpile and what to sell, etc.

However, I think its more important to fully player tested 3.0 is more important than some folks getting an advantage at SM operations. I don't want 3.0 being a hunk of junk riddled with bugs or tuned completely poorly because they wanted to keep it untested.

I worry more about folks knowing things like what mats will be valuable and what won't, what to stockpile and what to sell, etc.

Now *THAT* is a legitimate point. It is an issue with any closed beta, but still valid.

If there is, say, a week of open beta prior to 3.0 going live then it won't be as big a deal.

Hopefully, it is all new mats and so there is nothing in live now that is worth stocking up on.

It is easy and fair and square the ones that find the exploits keep them hidden and clear it off right away like in any other game with anything 'leaderboard' alike on it...

Anyhow they are doing a mistake by not just releasing all modes at once and instead being like 6 or 8 months after.. releasing NM content (the same content) again instead of actual new content and not just for a select few.

If any competetion is needed release it all at once that way people cannot prepare in advance without having to go through it all and get every piece of needed loot for this and that, it would be getting the actual gear from the new HMs and building up the base gear before that as well.

It is easy and fair and square the ones that find the exploits keep them hidden and clear it off right away like in any other game with anything 'leaderboard' alike on it...

Anyhow they are doing a mistake by not just releasing all modes at once and instead being like 6 or 8 months after.. releasing NM content (the same content) again instead of actual new content and not just for a select few.

It takes the same amount of time to develop the content, so you either get staggered content release or you wait even longer for them all to come out. Sure, I'd like more content more often, who wouldn't...

If any guild did not report exploits *that they found on PTS* and then clear with exploits on live, they would not receive much respect.

If any competetion is needed release it all at once that way people cannot prepare in advance without having to go through it all and get every piece of needed loot for this and that, it would be getting the actual gear from the new HMs and building up the base gear before that as well.

If it was released all at once with no outside testing, there's no doubt it would be very buggy, and probably under- or over-tuned.

The competition is in NiM, which in the past has been released on open beta separate from SM and HM. Anyone who wants to "prepare in advance" can do so then. HM is not meant to be the hardest content possible. And having NiM released later gives everyone time to get geared in HM gear for NiM, since it should be a challenge that requires HM gear or better.

I really have nothing else to say to you that hasn't already been said by everyone else. Mainly- who is going to care how quickly you cleared HM, and if you're so interested in being on the "leaderboard" then get ready for NiM. If you wanna express your own sentiments that's fine, but saying that Bioware "needs" to do this and that... Seems like you haven't read the rest of the thread and what others have said.

Edited by Kufuffelupagus

I think it's important to remember that 3.0 comes with a level cap bump. Thus, even if no guild saw the operations prior to launch, the progression race would still be mostly meaningless. Obviously, with some guilds seeing the content now and others waiting until live, that's being exacerbated, but really… does it matter?

Once nightmare mode rolls around, then we can talk about biasing and progression race and so on. Until then, HMs are just the warm up.

Oh, in other news, use of exploits is very explicitly against the ToS. There are enough guilds on the PTS that exploits are far more likely to be identified and fixed rather than hoarded and utilized. That's precisely the point to the PTS, in fact. If the PTS guilds do their jobs, then we should see a lot less "creative use of game mechanics" with this content than in previous tiers.

Edited by KeyboardNinja