Flagging system

Cordarn

Ok tab targeting was a bad word, I didn't click tab. It was an auto targeting by the skill I used. And I don't see why he would pop out of stealth to help me kill the rakghoul when it was at like 100 health. I think its pretty clear that he had a devious purpose in mind.

Also he went and slaughtered a level 31 who I was helping (granted the level 31 was flagged stupidly) but the fact that he killed the level 31 was proof that he just wanted to grief people.

to get rid of the flag quickly you can que for a wz and when it pops just quit out..flag gone.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what?! So what if this is how this guy rolls all day and night? YOU are the guilty one for being sloppy and attacking him. Why would you have created a thread on the forums just to announce what you did?! I don't get it...:confused:

Looking for a solution? Be careful. Pay attention. KNOW your target...

Your blaming me for something that was completely timing based. He literally popped out of stealth next to me (I was unaware of his presence) and killed it right as I had clicked a skill for the final blow. It then auto targeted him. Now, if I had known that he was their I wouldn't have clicked anything in fact as soon as he unstealthed and killed him my first thought was "crap its gonna auto target him." also, I did not know you could turn off the auto targeting via options because if I did it would not have had that turned on to.

Now from hindsight and knowing now the preventive actions I could of taken had I known about the situation before it was to late I realize that I am at fault. Won't happen again; however, that does not change the fact that they should change the flagging system to make it so someone cannot be attacked without both parties consent.

This whole flagging system ruins the immersion and is quite game breaking IMO. If you are a sith and you happen upon a jedi out in the open, what do you do? Do you go up to him and ask him if he would like to engage in a duel to the death? NO! You attack him immediately!

This needs to be fixed right now! I can't enjoy the game this way as a sith.

Edited by teclado

This whole flagging system ruins the immersion and is quite game breaking IMO. If you are a sith and you happen upon a jedi out in the open, what do you do? Do you go up to him and ask him if he would like to engage in a duel to the death? NO! You attack him immediately!

This needs to be fixed immediately. I can't enjoy the game this way as a sith.

Hence why they have pvp servers, Problem solved.

Your blaming me for something that was completely timing based. He literally popped out of stealth next to me (I was unaware of his presence) and killed it right as I had clicked a skill for the final blow. It then auto targeted him. Now, if I had known that he was their I wouldn't have clicked anything in fact as soon as he unstealthed and killed him my first thought was "crap its gonna auto target him." also, I did not know you could turn off the auto targeting via options because if I did it would not have had that turned on to.

Now from hindsight and knowing now the preventive actions I could of taken had I known about the situation before it was to late I realize that I am at fault. Won't happen again; however, that does not change the fact that they should change the flagging system to make it so someone cannot be attacked without both parties consent.

Blaming you?! Of course lol...how is it anyone elses fault??? And you gave your consent when you attacked him, he gave his by flagging.

Blaming you?! Of course lol...how is it anyone elses fault??? And you gave your consent when you attacked him, he gave his by flagging.

I did NOT attack him on purpose, therefore, he did not have my consent. If I did attack him on purpose then he'd have my consent. If a glass cup falls from the table and you didn't want to but it did anyways because of an accident does that mean it had your consent to fall and shatter on the floor?

I did NOT attack him on purpose, therefore, he did not have my consent. If I did attack him on purpose then he'd have my consent. If a glass cup falls from the table and you didn't want to but it did anyways because of an accident does that mean it had your consent to fall and shatter on the floor?

Purposeful or not, you indeed DID attack him. Just like if you rear end another vehicle, it's your fault, even if you didn't mean to do it.

Seriously, It was not my fault it tab targeted him immediately and then I died.

It's completely your fault. Know what you're attacking rather than just blindly spamming your abilities. Even better if you turn your "auto target on ability activation" option off in preferences. It only takes an instant to hit your tab key when swapping targets, it's seriously not very difficult to do, and it'll prevent you from EVER getting forced into a PvP situation with a flagged player. You can no longer get flagged from a flagged player standing in your AoE, so the only possible way to "force" flag people is by dueling them and hoping they'll spam their key as they lose so that they hit you and flag, or standing around the mobs they're fighting and and trying to bait them into accidentally targeting you once they kill their mob. If either of those things happen to you it's entirely your fault for not paying attention. Fix that problem and this force flag "issue" will disappear.

You CANNOT be flagged by aoe'ing a flagged opponent. You have to directly target them with a single target ability. Stop spreading misinformation.

Unfortunately, false. It's happened to me and I've seen it happen to others as well. It's not a 100% of the time you get flagged thing like it used to be, but you can and do get flagged.

Why BW hasn't fixed it so flagged people have no effect on unflagged and unflagged have no effect on flagged is beyond me. It should be a simple fix.

No, but blame gravity all you want, if you knocked it off the table... it's still your responsibility to clean it up / replace it.

I am all for restricting a forced flag unless the player engages a factional NPC or enters an open PVP area. IMO there should be no way any player can cause a flag to be placed on another player.

That includes restricting the ability to attack flagged players unless you are flagged as well.

No, but blame gravity all you want, if you knocked it off the table... it's still your responsibility to clean it up / replace it.

He did attack the guy, but by accident. The fact that this is possible on a PvE server is just a bad set up. It could be remedied in various ways.

Bottom line is, it doesn't happen often enough to warrant an investment in changing it otherwise they would have. It could even be as ridiculous that building in such an option would actually create problems for PvP servers.

What can I say....it sucks that it is this way cause it shouldn't be, but it's apparently not big enough of an issue to fix it properly.

Purposeful or not, you indeed DID attack him. Just like if you rear end another vehicle, it's your fault, even if you didn't mean to do it.

DId I not admit to that in one of my previous post? Or did you just decide to not read it all? My main argument is that the flag system needs changed so accidents can stop happening, people can stop coming to the forums and whining, and arguments like these can stop happening.

Unfortunately, false. It's happened to me and I've seen it happen to others as well. It's not a 100% of the time you get flagged thing like it used to be, but you can and do get flagged.

Why BW hasn't fixed it so flagged people have no effect on unflagged and unflagged have no effect on flagged is beyond me. It should be a simple fix.

Ahh so it is a mysterious bug...:rolleyes:

In any case the OP admits to having targeted the PvPer with a direct attack.

DId I not admit to that in one of my previous post? Or did you just decide to not read it all? My main argument is that the flag system needs changed so accidents can stop happening, people can stop coming to the forums and whining, and arguments like these can stop happening.

Dude, I was quoting you saying "I did NOT attack him on purpose". Purpose has nothing to do with it. You ATTACKED him...PERIOD! The system doesn't need to be changed, players simply need to stop being lazy...and whiny when they screw up.

Lazy and sloppy gameplay has nothing to do with it. Was I suppose to run around in a circle to make sure their was no one stealthed around me who was flagged? I was playing not expecting to have to take precautions of a stealther waiting for me to burn down the npc and finish it off.

The only reason I can think of anyone not wanting this to be fixed is to get more people flagged for more kills.

Edited by Cordarn

"Dude, I was quoting you saying "I did NOT attack him on purpose". Purpose has nothing to do with it. You ATTACKED him...PERIOD! The system doesn't need to be changed, players simply need to stop being lazy...and whiny when they screw up. "

/thread

Edited by Foambreaker

I am all for restricting a forced flag unless the player engages a factional NPC or enters an open PVP area. IMO there should be no way any player can cause a flag to be placed on another player.

That includes restricting the ability to attack flagged players unless you are flagged as well.

This.

And if there was anyone who made a mistake, it was that guy in stealth who stepped in at the last possible second to kill someone else's boss when it it was one shot away from dying. He's the one who knew what he was doing, and chose to get into a fight that he was not invited to.

Lazy and sloppy gameplay has nothing to do with it. Was I suppose to run around in a circle to make sure their was no one stealthed around me who was flagged? I was playing not expecting to have to take precautions of a stealther waiting for me to burn down the npc and finish it off.

The only reason I can think of anyone not wanting this to be fixed is to get more people flagged for more kills.

What you're asking for entails creating a mechanic that inconveniences other players because you can't be bothered to take responsibility for your actions. I don't want to have to manually toggle my flag when I see a flagged player I want to attack, I want to be able to just attack them. If you don't want to attack other players, be careful and make sure that you don't. Simple as that.

What you're asking for entails creating a mechanic that inconveniences other players because you can't be bothered to take responsibility for your actions. I don't want to have to manually toggle my flag when I see a flagged player I want to attack, I want to be able to just attack them. If you don't want to attack other players, be careful and make sure that you don't. Simple as that.

And it would take all of a second to turn your flag on manually. I don't see the problem, except for laziness.

Depends on what the other driver was doing.

If you rear-end someone because they purposefully pull out in front of you short of your possible stopping distance...