People queing S-R in greens or PVE gear

AAAAzrael

Sure does... Which is why I use PVE weapons instead of PVP ones ;)

Fool

PvP mainhands are buffed to have a base damage equal to the highest Pve tier or just below depending on if you have a obroan or brut mainhand. If you are using a Pve mainhand you are doing it wrong because you won't have any more mainhand damage and you have less expertise.

Fool

PvP mainhands are buffed to have a base damage equal to the highest Pve tier or just below depending on if you have a obroan or brut mainhand. If you are using a Pve mainhand you are doing it wrong because you won't have any more mainhand damage and you have less expertise.

Actually it's been proven that the loss of the small amount of expertise vs the higher stats from the weapons is in favour of the PVE weapons... I'm not saying it's huge... But there is a difference... There is documented proof this

Actually it's been proven that the loss of the small amount of expertise vs the higher stats from the weapons is in favour of the PVE weapons... I'm not saying it's huge... But there is a difference... There is documented proof this

Nope

Those don't exist, and they haven't existed in a long time. Brutalizer mainhand is BiS. you can get extremely close to brut stats but you can't best them.

Nope

Those don't exist, and they haven't existed in a long time. Brutalizer mainhand is BiS. you can get extremely close to brut stats but you can't best them.

Nope, 180 is BiS for White damage heavy classes.

I don't use them but I know it's true.

Nope

I just wasted 3500 ranked coms to check what you said... Sorry but you are wrong... I lost on average about 1-2% lower on all damage even though my stats remained close, I lost the +41 power from my PVE weapon which reduced my bonus damage.. Even though my surge increased buy 0.24%, Crit 0.03%... I was still bellow my max out put and I crit'd less too...

So maybe I do know what am talking about... I have been playing around with bolster since march... And I have spent 40+ hours and millions of credits at the bolster terminal... Testing and tweaking all possibilities...

Before calling some a fool next time... Go test it yourself... Now I have wasted normal comms to buy the Oberon and then 3500 ranked to buy the Brutalizer... All to double check what you said because normally you give good advice and I was second guessing myself

I just wasted 3500 ranked coms to check what you said... Sorry but you are wrong... I lost on average about 1-2% lower on all damage even though my stats remained close, I lost the +41 power from my PVE weapon which reduced my bonus damage.. Even though my surge increased buy 0.24%, Crit 0.03%... I was still bellow my max out put and I crit'd less too...

So maybe I do know what am talking about... I have been playing around with bolster since march... And I have spent 40+ hours and millions of credits at the bolster terminal... Testing and tweaking all possibilities...

Before calling some a fool next time... Go test it yourself... Now I have wasted normal comms to buy the Oberon and then 3500 ranked to buy the Brutalizer... All to double check what you said because normally you give good advice and I was second guessing myself

Went back to the pvp vendors to see if I could refund still... Luckily I still had 20 mins to go and was able to refund the comms... So no harm done

Sorry about my harshness... I was a little peeved because I thought I'd wasted all those comms

you conviently ignored your expertise loss, which is essentially a flat reduction to all damage dealt on top of a flat increase in damage taken.

Edited by Zoom_VI

you conviently ignored your expertise loss, which is essentially a flat reduction to all damage dealt on top of a flat increase in damage taken.

Actually I didn't ... I also calculated the very small percentage of difference compared to the extra endurance I received... It is so small as to be nearly even... I didn't die any more in WZs than I would normally... Which is to say, not very often... The extra damage vs the small percentage of expertise increase, more than makes up for any damage reduction... I would rather kill my enemy faster, than have to "hope" that small amount of expertise increase keeps me alive for another shot at the target

Anyway... We disagree on this point... I know this is split in the pvp community... I guess it comes down to style of play as neither solution is 100% perfect... Considering there is a small difference either way...