3.0 Will casuals and low geared 55's need to become less casual ?

BadOrb

I ask this because , I have met a 16 k tank , 16 k DPS in two tactical's and also a 19 k DPS in a HM hammer station. These types of players gear will be 3 steps down in 3.0 than as of now. Either people like the above will have to gear up more for a few days / weeks or expect to be booted. This is just my view , sorry if it offended anyone.

Still on the bright side all they and others need to do ( it seems ) is any old content to farm basic comms , that will help a lot.

Any thoughts or views ? God help us in Depths of Manaan.

Cheers ,

BadOrb.

It would seem that they will. Bearing in mind that dps is being nerfed across the board with 3.0 and everyone will be bad at the game thanks to the diciplines stuff (still don't actually know how that works yet), an undergeared character will be useless, even in tacticals so... yeah - I think they may have to grind just a little bit.

This should be a good thing, when I was grinding gear after Makeb I discovered how fun ops can actually be and made some effort to go raiding with the guild and even in pug groups, so not only do I think that fresh 55s will have to gear up a little, I think it will be an overall positive for the game.

Edited by Brainiacblue

I ask this because , I have met a 16 k tank , 16 k DPS in two tactical's and also a 19 k DPS in a HM hammer station. These types of players gear will be 3 steps down in 3.0 than as of now. Either people like the above will have to gear up more for a few days / weeks or expect to be booted. This is just my view , sorry if it offended anyone.

Still on the bright side all they and others need to do ( it seems ) is any old content to farm basic comms , that will help a lot.

Cheers ,

BadOrb.

There is no chance the reason they are running tacticals is to get comms for gear? :rolleyes:

There is no chance the reason they are running tacticals is to get comms for gear? :rolleyes:

That could be. Honestly, I'm assuming they're talking about health values, and I'll admit it - I don't even bother trying to run content that says "recommend X item rating" and I'm below that. If they're right at the border, then I say why give them a hard time and say they're undergeared when they're actually right at the mark gear-wise? Wouldn't that make the other guy overgeared then?

Anywho, before the bolster on Makeb, I ran a few older heroics for planetary comms to gear my guy in at least mostly 140 armorings and mods before moving on to Makeb - his hilts and enhancements were 156 because he's artifice.

I should have explained it more , it was their health vales aye and they weren't even close to the 148 recommended value. Try run assault on tython ( with the fact the first boss fix messed the whole FP up , the mobs attack if you skip for next to no reason at all) with a 16 k health tank , it isn't going to end well.

Anyway hopefully , the fact planetary comms are gone and basic will be nearly everywhere in-game then yes , they might be a little better , we shall see.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

/initiate_group_kick

Anybody questions you - you leave. Not there to drag people through FPs that they are way undergeared in order to complete.

It's not even worth initiating a vote to kick, because lately in Taticals and HM FPs it's often the case that 2 or 3 out of 4 players are woefully undergeared. Best to do a quick inspect and if it's not looking good, politely bow out.

I don't mind carrying players through who have made some effort to get some 140, 148 or 156 gear and have the odd green piece. But when you enter Manaan etc and all the others are fully in levelling greens, 108, 112 or less, with level 21 implants and missing relics etc, forget it.

It's not hard to get into 148 and 156 gear and it's a mark of respect to your fellow players to do so before queuing for level 55 group content.

It's not even worth initiating a vote to kick, because lately in Taticals and HM FPs it's often the case that 2 or 3 out of 4 players are woefully undergeared. Best to do a quick inspect and if it's not looking good, politely bow out.

I don't mind carrying players through who have made some effort to get some 140, 148 or 156 gear and have the odd green piece. But when you enter Manaan etc and all the others are fully in levelling greens, 108, 112 or less, with level 21 implants and missing relics etc, forget it.

It's not hard to get into 148 and 156 gear and it's a mark of respect to your fellow players to do so before queuing for level 55 group content.

Tacticals need to be re-balanced to accomodate players with weaker equipment. Some tacticals *coughManaanandTythoncough* are harder than any of the 55 HM FPs, even Cademimu.

General Ortol on HM pisses me off sometimes because of his sporadic and sometimes unreasonable spammage of shackles, but the second boss on Manaan, with the puddles and the lightning storm, easily takes the piss. THat boss should NOT be as frustrating as it is for a tactical.

Edited by Loadsamunny

but the second boss on Manaan, with the puddles and the lightning storm, easily takes the piss. THat boss should NOT be as frustrating as it is for a tactical.

I've two-manned that boss on a number of occasions. The mechanics for it aren't all that different than many other boss fights (don't stand in stupid, deal with adds).

Cheers ,

BadOrb.

I dunno, GF has bolster doesn't it?

Only for Group Finder Ops. Tacticals and HM FPs via Group Finder are not bolstered.

Well it does bolster tacticals before level 55 I guess. I wonder if the tacticals will be redone for level 60. I mean I know there will be HM versions of them at level 60 but I am actually not sure if they will be made level 60 for the tactical version but I guess they would be.

I admit I rarely do tacticals at 55 or HM FPs outside guild groups.

Well it does bolster tacticals before level 55 I guess. I wonder if the tacticals will be redone for level 60. I mean I know there will be HM versions of them at level 60 but I am actually not sure if they will be made level 60 for the tactical version but I guess they would be.

I admit I rarely do tacticals at 55 or HM FPs outside guild groups.

The only Tactical that is available pre 55 is Kuat Drive Yards, which is indeed bolstered pre 55. All the other Tacticals are 55 only and not bolstered.

I did notice that both tactical's 55 and HM 55 FP's are 148 recommended gear , so they aren't as first advertised ( first two cerka SM's fp's ) but are indeed a different thing all together and just as tough as each other , trinity vs non- trinity.

On a side note the healers that don't use the heeling terminals and don't DPS on Depths of Maanan bosses are a bit bad ; ( especially the final boss )

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

I've never had any trouble in any 55 tacticals. My worst experience was pretty recently an Assault on Tython where one guy was either doing nothing or just saber strikes, so we were basically 3-man'ing it. Took a lot longer, but it was still not a problem to complete it. I've never even checked the other people's gear, myself I've had at least purple 140's.

Yes, wiping on a boss in Tython because someone didn't know to move out of the red circles immediately is balanced.

"Don't stand in stupid" is a pretty basic skill. L2P. Not having that skill is no reason to call a Flashpoint "hard."

Edited by BuriDogshin

I do. Others don't whenever I queue for this boss. That may be a failure to explain the mechanics on my part, but...

So you want Tactical FPs nerfed because a few players don't have basic knowledge of how to fight a boss?

And you apparently are not capable of carrying their sorry butts?

How about, NO. This game is not and should not be "Every child gets a trophy."

Edited by BuriDogshin

So you want Tactical FPs nerfed because a few players don't have basic knowledge of how to fight a boss?

And you apparently are not capable of carrying their sorry butts?

How about, NO. This game is not and should not be "Every child gets a trophy."

Really? I thought this was Barbie Horseracing Adventures.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.