Mando/Merc changes in 3.0 (official news only)

AMightyKnight

Super excited about the changes. But if one of the philosophies behind the discipline system is to smoothen the leveling experience (aoe boosts, earlier access to cornerstone abilities), then what's with the delay of any semblance of dps pushback protection until level 38?

Yes, unload gets no pushback.. But spamming tracer with 100% pushback until level 38, sounds... frustrating. And a step backwards, from a QoL perspective. Or am I missing something here? Are there any more changes to pushback in 3.0, in addition the channel part?

Still psyched about the discipline system (MORE ALTS! MORE ALTS!) in general, and the mercmando changes in particular, though!

By my calculations as an Arsenal Gunnery merc we lose:

9% Aim from Ironsights

3% Range and tech Accuracy bonus (no longer in Advanced Targetting)

100% Pushback reduction on Tracer Unload (now BB) from Stabilizers

3% ranged and tech crit chance (Hired Muscle)[/b]

__

Plus a few more that I'm not too concerned about.

10% instead of 25% damage bonus on BlazBolts (or Unload)

30% crit on Rail shot and priming shot instead of unload. (BB)

... a few more but I'm getting lazy

But that's just from looking at Discipines trees and comparing to skill trees. Especially for the first 4 things. I'm not 100% sure can someone enlighten me as to where those skills are gone to because they might have been moved into a passive the way Crit reaction is now in Advanced Targetting. Those pushback protections are pretty indispensible.

Range and tech crit is a baseline ability for all disciplines now.

By my calculations as an Arsenal Gunnery merc we lose:

9% Aim from Ironsights

3% Range and tech Accuracy bonus (no longer in Advanced Targetting)

100% Pushback reduction on Tracer Unload (now BB) from Stabilizers

3% ranged and tech crit chance (Hired Muscle)[/b]

__

Plus a few more that I'm not too concerned about.

10% instead of 25% damage bonus on BlazBolts (or Unload)

30% crit on Rail shot and priming shot instead of unload. (BB)

... a few more but I'm getting lazy

The loss of Ironsights is mirrored by the loss of primary stat buffs on all the dps subclasses. Presumably this is part of BW's effort (misguided IMO) to lower overall dps output. So while it is a nerf, at least other subclasses are losing a similar perk. The loss of Stabilizers is an outright nerf to Arsenal. And I'd be concerned about a 15% drop in damage to Unload/Blazing Bolts. Unload is your major damage source for Arsenal in 2.10. My guess is that 15% dps nerf is counterbalanced by the upgrade from Unload to Blazing Bolts. But then, do not be distracted by the BW man behind the curtain telling you that your Unload is being buffed. Nay, it is just Unload being nerfed for Pyro and Bodyguard while it remains the same for Arsenal.

Not happy at all they're taking away Kolto Bomb & Missile from dps Mandos and Mercs. It was added for us for a reason! It's part of our raid utility, some small but extra AOE heals

So weak. There isn't a better time to finally fix that disparity between AC mirrors. Give the new heal a less [blatantly] obvious animation please.

Hurray for a proper ammo counter on both sides though.

No. PVP should not dictate everything else, the gream beam is one of the collest signature Mando heal animations.

Edited by Pietrastor

Kolto Bomb was added to help improve survivability in PvP. Off healing with it in PvE is a nice perk, but it's not why we were given it as a base skill. All three healing ACs are getting a new AoE heal, along with smart healing and in come cases increased targets for AOE heals, so there should be less of a need to do any off healing in a raid.

As for the green beam I'm glad you like it. I've never thought it was anything other than silly looking though, and it has a negative impact in a part of this game's available modes of play. Opinions clearly vary.

No. PVP should not dictate everything else, the gream beam is one of the collest signature Mando heal animations.

Sorry, arsenal is so dead in PvP. An assin activating 12 secs of immunity to stuns + def buff? lol

Edited by Aetideus

Sorry, arsenal is so dead in PvP. An assin activating 12 secs of immunity to stuns + def buff? lol

Arsenal is dead in PvP? Really? if you take Thrill of the Hunt + 2x Power Surge, you can get through your filler damage really quickly by pulling this little rotation Prime > TM > Power Surge > TMx2 > HSM > RS > BB, and that will cut through the Sin's puny 25% overall boost for 12s. http://dulfy.net/2014/10/13/swtor-disciplines-calculator-swtor_miner/?link=dGEAAAA8AAABFwEDBAgFFRMA would be what i would use for 3.0 PvP, if i could take 3 Heroic's then i would add Thrill of the Hunt, but Stabilized Armor is more useful in PvP

Its probably just easier to build a new ability than buffing/nerfing it according to each skilltree.

And it dont see this as an issue. Just ignore the old Full Auto in the ability menu and thats it.

^^this

The problem that a lot of specs, particularly troopers ones have had, is that the main rotational abilities are all baseline to the class. For instance Railshot is used by every single trooper DPS tree and the tank tree. This means balancing that ability for a particular spec can be vary difficulty and often leads to stupid crap like tactic's infamous 1% damage talent.