Damage Dropping In 3.0

KTap

The step backwards in performance overall might feel a bit odd for most casual players, but I think the reduction of difficulty for the mobs on 1-50 leveling planets will compensate for that.

Lets face it...it is likely most folks use 148 gear at level 55. Perhaps some mix in 156s that are either crafted, Oricon quest rewards or drops.

For those folks, the most alarming thing might be the rework of some of the abilities and loss of a few, as well as some of the new abilities being offered.

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, WoW isn't MMO anymore then?

That doesn't make any sense.

WoW had the squish because the overall numbers became so large, that they were about to reach technical limitations and it slowed the whole game down more and more, since WoW is still pretty much a single core game.

They also didn't just reduce damage but all kinds of stats. ;)

WoW had the squish because the overall numbers became so large, that they were about to reach technical limitations and it slowed the whole game down more and more, since WoW is still pretty much a single core game.

- one shotting 40 man raid boss

- everyone and their brother farmed lower levels raids for gold, because soloable

They also didn't just reduce damage but all kinds of stats. ;)

Healing and threat are also going down.

Edited by Halinalle

but I think the reduction of difficulty for the mobs on 1-50 leveling planets will compensate for that.

This has yet to be corroborated. Every time I ask for a link I get provided a one hour twitch stream and told to 'watch that'. What I CAN tell you is that in the first 3:00 the two individuals in said stream definitely confirm damage is going down.

With NO qualifying statement regarding MOB difficulty tacked on.

This has yet to be corroborated. Every time I ask for a link I get provided a one hour twitch stream and told to 'watch that'. What I CAN tell you is that in the first 3:00 the two individuals in said stream definitely confirm damage is going down.

Maybe you should try to watch (or at least listen) it once.

This only confirms one thing:

Most MMO players are lazy.

Maybe you should try to watch (or at least listen) it once.

What I CAN tell you is that in the first 3:00 the two individuals in said stream definitely confirm damage is going down.

Gonna go out on a limb and say reading and reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

I can't post the comment verbatim, but here is the Duffy synopsis with the link to the Livestream for 3.0 Global Combat Changes. I take no stand on the validity or lack thereof of the information.

- We also made some changes so that all the mobs in leveling planets etc will now die faster

SOURCE

Under DPS Changes

[WRT leveling being made easier in 3.0:]

I saw and heard the devs say leveling from 1 to 50 will be easier. I do not care whether you believe me.

The streams are available. If you really care about the issue, and are not just trolling, go watch them. If the issue is not important enough for you to invest that amount of effort, why should anyone else bother to do your work for you? Why should anyone care that you refuse to believe all the people who report that the devs made that statement?

If the issue is not important enough for you to invest that amount of effort, why should anyone else bother to do your work for you? Why should anyone care that you refuse to believe all the people who report that the devs made that statement?

Because I can point to a time-stamp to corroborate my claim. Others point to Dulfy's "synopsis".

Because I can point to a time-stamp to corroborate my claim. Others point to Dulfy's "synopsis".

I could give the link to exact second they start talking about it but I won't do the work for you.

Just like people on Oricon. They don't want you to help them, they want you to kill the bosses for them.

Edited by Halinalle

That's because they mentioned that at a different point when they talked about how they the devs thought leveling was too "grindy" so they decided to tone down mob HP pools on leveling planets so that things die faster.

LOL. What nonsense. You've just cherry-picked content from the streams to foster negativity. I doubt anyone is fooled at this point. After all, most people will trust Dulfy's synopsis more than they will trust you, not the least because she isn't anonymous.

No you can't. Neither can anyone else. Hence why they trust Dulfy's "synopsis", because otherwise the ramifications are a bit damning.

You can be quite ridiculous sometimes Lotharofxev. This game you play is really getting tired. Looks like you are going to make me violate one of my golden rules with you...but here it goes.

You have the link to the Livestream.

The comment begins at 4:33

This is not exact, but pretty close....

Now, the truth of course is, tangentially related to that, in the lower level game something that we want to do is we sort of always felt as time has gone on with the game, especially because the game is more mature now and players tend to play the higher level that we could speed up the low level game. So one of the things that we are doing is effectively all the mobs from like level 50 on down, all the mobs that you see out in the planetary content in the story mode that are in your class missions kind of stuff, they are actually all going to die faster. So, at least it won't be quite such a slog....- Rob Hinkle

AS VERBATIM AS I COULD GET IT. Naturally you can dispute what was said or what he meant. Which would not surprise me.

You are welcome, of course to follow standard protocol and question the validity of the source or call me a troll if you wish.

Frankly you are making yourself look more and more silly every time you do this.

This inane, toxic behavior has to end at some point.

Edited by LordArtemis

So from 1-50, it'll be easier and from "51-60" it'll be harder? Look I appreciate the time-stamp, but the fact of the matter remains, post 3.0 you';ll be doing less damage. Post 3.0 a 60 in 198 is doing what a 55 in 186 does now. (also in the stream)

This makes no sense. Listening to them it's almost as if they're playing a different game. (And from the PvPers on my server, having watched them PvP - they are.) There is no "slog" from 1-50. It's REPETITIVE and LINEAR, but even without 12x it's not a "slog".

The issue with lowered damage is not from 1-50. It's OPs. If, as they say, the game is mature and people play at the "high end" (which is laughable considering most OPs raids are SM), then why on earth would damage be lowered? To reduce the "slog" from 1-50, but make 55-60 more time-consuming?

To keep DF and DP relevant?

/\ And if you listen at 5:44, they confirm it. DF / DP NiM.

Unreal.

So from 1-50, it'll be easier and from "51-60" it'll be harder? Look I appreciate the time-stamp, but the fact of the matter remains, post 3.0 you';ll be doing less damage. Post 3.0 a 60 in 198 is doing what a 55 in 186 does now. (also in the stream)

This makes no sense. Listening to them it's almost as if they're playing a different game. (And from the PvPers on my server, having watched them PvP - they are.) There is no "slog" from 1-50. It's REPETITIVE and LINEAR, but even without 12x it's not a "slog".

The issue with lowered damage is not from 1-50. It's OPs. If, as they say, the game is mature and people play at the "high end" (which is laughable considering most OPs raids are SM), then why on earth would damage be lowered? To reduce the "slog" from 1-50, but make 55-60 more time-consuming?

To keep DF and DP relevant?

/\ And if you listen at 5:44, they confirm it. DF / DP NiM.

Unreal.

If you don't mind me saying so, I think it's a fair point for you to make. it is rather odd, though I am not complaining, that they would reduce difficulty on the low end and increase it on the high end.

I think a far better method would have been to make 12XP a legacy perk personally. That would have DRASTICALLY reduced the "slog" IMO.

No I don't mind you saying so. It's a message board for crying out loud. And not my message board. The whole damage thing just makes me squint and rub my temple. (exasperated tell)

What also worries me is their continued use of the word "baseline". As in "players exceed the baseline" of damage that we had expected.

No, players exceeded the CEILING. Baseline is the minimum group DPS that an 8 / 16 m group needs to do to reasonably be able to expect to defeat a particular boss.

I hope it's only an error in syntax or usage.

No I don't mind you saying so. It's a message board for crying out loud. And not my message board. The whole damage thing just makes me squint and rub my temple. (exasperated tell)

What also worries me is their continued use of the word "baseline". As in "players exceed the baseline" of damage that we had expected.

No, players exceeded the CEILING. Baseline is the minimum group DPS that an 8 / 16 m group needs to do to reasonably be able to expect to defeat a particular boss.

I hope it's only an error in syntax or usage.

My problem with this idea of players exceeding their DPs targets is that only a very select few were doing so. There are still groups in full 180's that struggle to down brontes and council in sm. These players are going to be royally screwed with the DPs Nerf. And there are a lot more of them then there are players who exceeded these so called DPs targets the devs keep talking about.

My problem with this idea of players exceeding their DPs targets is that only a very select few were doing so. There are still groups in full 180's that struggle to down brontes and council in sm. These players are going to be royally screwed with the DPs Nerf. And there are a lot more of them then there are players who exceeded these so called DPs targets the devs keep talking about.

You know what? Then these players should begins by learning to play their fricking class. 180's and having trouble in SM?? That's not a gear or stat problem, that's a player problem. Anyone can reach the max DPS output of their class. Most just don't try to, are to noobish to even understand how or just don't care.

Also true.

I hate to go all Kalfear on people, but this situation does hearken me back to the days of EQ. See back then the Devs also played the game. But they played a DIFFERENT game. If they wanted a piece of "ph4t l3wtz", they didn't actually delve into a dungeon or camp a spawn for 36 hours, oh no. They simply executed a few keystrokes and Voila! Epic_Item_03.

If the current group of Devs can see the DPS being done, can't they also see the relative dearth of players doing said damage in HM and NiM Ops?

You know what? Then these players should begins by learning to play their fricking class. 180's and having trouble in SM?? That's not a gear or stat problem, that's a player problem. Anyone can reach the max DPS output of their class. Most just don't try to, are to noobish to even understand how or just don't care.

maybe you should design a game that caters to truely hardcore players..so you can join the wildstar devs at the unemployment line.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.