The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Need Tactics pvp build

bradadad

I have looked everywhere that I know (google) and cannot seem to find a tactics build from this year for pvp. I would like something tested in ranked if you would be so kind. Much appreciated.

I believe its 8/36/2, though I could be horribly wrong. Just know, no one uses tactics in PvP anymore because Assault is so much better, so thats why its so hard to find a build for it.

Also that 1 point in rebraced armor was put there over blaster augs or whever its called because the 1% elemental/internal boost is pathetically small.

Edited by TACeMossie

I believe its 8/36/2, though I could be horribly wrong. Just know, no one uses tactics in PvP anymore because Assault is so much better, so thats why its so hard to find a build for it.

Also that 1 point in rebraced armor was put there over blaster augs or whever its called because the 1% elemental/internal boost is pathetically small.

I wasn't aware of this about Assault. Ok I will give it a shot. I want to play a competitive spec. I think that I can find a build for assault, maybe. Thanks for the info.

I wasn't aware of this about Assault. Ok I will give it a shot. I want to play a competitive spec. I think that I can find a build for assault, maybe. Thanks for the info.

Tactics is competitive however you only really see it in group ranked nowadays. Assault is better for pugging.

I LOLd. So 1% extra dmg is "pathetically small" but 1% less dmg taken is worth it? haha there is no logic in that. They are both pretty average but as a DPS 1% is better than nothing and is much more worthwhile than 1% damage reduction.

Edited by Kooziejr

I LOLd. So 1% extra dmg is "pathetically small" but 1% less dmg taken is worth it? haha there is no logic in that. They are both pretty average but as a DPS 1% is better than nothing and is much more worthwhile than 1% damage reduction.

though I could be horribly wrong

:p

Though to be fair, most of your burst in tactics comes from Shoulder Cannon, the high crit chance on stockstrike, and the auto-crit in rail shot - none of which gets +1% boost.

I was still horribly wrong though

Though to be fair, most of your burst in tactics comes from Shoulder Cannon, the high crit chance on stockstrike, and the auto-crit in rail shot - none of which gets +1% boost.

Get the CD reduction on your Interrupt instead of the extra damage on Stockstrike/Rocket Punch. Interrupting correctly is much more useful than an extra damage on one of your fillers.

Fire pulse is a primary component of Tectic's burst and it takes benefit.