The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Rakghoul Event is back.

Reno_Tarshil

How are you forced to stay in a stronghold or a ship? Let's take away vaccines and everything else - if you can't avoid infected players while leveling, doing dailies, etc, you're a pretty bad player, especially since most of them will be on Fleet and Corellia anyways. It's really not all that difficult, so :?

Yeah you're right, I can go do some leveling. Oh good I have enough commendation to buy some mods. So which vendor should I go to? Tatooine or Alderaan? Darn if only it was safe to go to the fleet were all the coms vendors are...

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah you're right, I can go do some leveling. Oh good I have enough commendation to buy some mods. So which vendor should I go to? Tatooine or Alderaan? Darn if only it was safe to go to the fleet were all the coms vendors are...

For 2k credits, the entire galaxy is safe!

No. It's more like a bunch of your friends decide, "Let's play Monopoly and the house rule is that you get 2x the cash when you land on Go!" and you declare "What's wrong with you! That's not how I want to play the game! Stop bullying me!"

The appropriate analogy would be "We're playing Monopoly, and you can either join us, or get the hell out -- unless you want to buy the pizza. It's only $20, no big deal if you don't want to play Monopoly".

Really? What is going through the mind of someone spreading the infection on fleet?

if yo have read the thread a little, you know we were not talking about what the people who participate in this event does in game, they just play with the possibility they are given.

What i, and others were talking about when we talked about bully mentality, was both the way it was developped, and the way some people here on the forum defends the Event.

It's a blame on the victim : you didn't want to participate, you should have paid 2000 cr, what difference is there in mentallity than a bully who blames his victim for being at the wrong place and wrong time, there is none, the scale may be different, but the thought pattern remain the same.

How are you forced to stay in a stronghold or a ship? Let's take away vaccines and everything else - if you can't avoid infected players while leveling, doing dailies, etc, you're a pretty bad player, especially since most of them will be on Fleet and Corellia anyways. It's really not all that difficult, so :?

I finish a class mission, reward is a fleet pass to pick up mission complete rewards (and if I wasn't given the one time fleet pass I would've used my own unlimited fleet pass).....spawn on fleet, BOOM, infected with plague by an infected schmoe who was spawn camping. There's one example.

That's fine, hahahaha you infected me. Now let's play fair and let me flame throw your arse for doing it, I'm taking you with me!!! :D If people are going to spawn camp like we're playing CoD, then I want to be able to return fire.

If you don't want to be flagged for PVP and let the other player retaliate (and incinerate you as per instruction) then you're just a griefer that's enjoying the one event that legally lets you grief other gamers. It's pretty easy to get.

Edited by Code_Airwolf

It's a problem precisely because we shouldn't have to go out of our way, ONE STEP out of our way, to avoid taking part in something that we don't have any interest in. We do not find this event fun, and additionally find it even less fun because of the forced nature.

The only way that some players not taking part diminishes the enjoyment of the game for those who do take part... is if a participant's fun comes directly from the ability to troll other players.

Again, you misunderstand. We don't care if you care if you're being infectected. Your grief or whatever doesn't matter. The fact you're making so much noise about something you can so easily remedy is my complaint - You're being snobbish and entitled by demanding that the event automatically exclude you when its designed so that people can participate and have fun without restrictions. You're placing restrictions on everyone else because you can't manage some extremely easy fixes. That's the issue.

if yo have read the thread a little, you know we were not talking about what the people who participate in this event does in game, they just play with the possibility they are given.

What i, and others were talking about when we talked about bully mentality, was both the way it was developped, and the way some people here on the forum defends the Event.

It's a blame on the victim : you didn't want to participate, you should have paid 2000 cr, what difference is there in mentallity than a bully who blames his victim for being at the wrong place and wrong time, there is none, the scale may be different, but the thought pattern remain the same.

There are no victims.

There are perhaps disgruntled individuals. But if you can't see the difference between feeling inconvenienced and being victimized... then it is a futile conversation.

I finish a class mission, reward is a fleet pass to pick up mission complete rewards (and if I wasn't given the one time fleet pass I would've used my own unlimited fleet pass).....spawn on fleet, BOOM, infected with plague by an infected schmoe who was spawn camping. There's one example.

That's fine, hahahaha you infected me. Now let's play fair and let me flame throw your arse for doing it, I'm taking you with me!!! :D If people are going to spawn camp like we're playing CoD, then I want to be able to return fire.

If you don't want to be flagged for PVP and let the other player retaliate (and incinerate you as per instruction) then you're just a griefer that's enjoying the one event that legally lets you grief other gamers. It's pretty easy to get.

Two good examples.

There are no victims.

There are perhaps disgruntled individuals. But if you can't see the difference between feeling inconvenienced and being victimized... then it is a futile conversation.

I agree with this completely. Randomly getting an easily removable debuff is not being bullied or victimized.

........................ You're being snobbish and entitled by demanding that the event automatically exclude you when its designed so that people can participate and have fun without restrictions. You're placing restrictions on everyone else because you can't manage some extremely easy fixes. That's the issue.

Actually it is you who are being entitled by assuming we must take part in the event you are enjoying, in order to boost YOUR enjoyment.

Allow the vaccine to last though death and for carriers to be same faction flagged and I will concede that the event is the best thing ever.

Actually it is you who are being entitled by assuming we must take part in the event you are enjoying, in order to boost YOUR enjoyment.

Allow the vaccine to last though death and for carriers to be same faction flagged and I will concede that the event is the best thing ever.

I would say it should persist through death in warzones. That seems fair enough.

"Life isn't fair" -- the rallying cry of people who make their profit or get their jollies at the expense of others.

No. It's the mark of maturity. Knowing that the world isn't all sunshine and rainbows. That sometimes, you do have to put up with things you don't like. And so far as those things don't cause you physical or emotional harm, then when it's over, the world keeps turning and you have a chance at a new day to make the world your oyster.

Again, you misunderstand. We don't care if you care if you're being infectected. Your grief or whatever doesn't matter. The fact you're making so much noise about something you can so easily remedy is my complaint - You're being snobbish and entitled by demanding that the event automatically exclude you when its designed so that people can participate and have fun without restrictions. You're placing restrictions on everyone else because you can't manage some extremely easy fixes. That's the issue.

How the hell does it harm your enjoyment of the event of someone else doesn't participate?

I would say it should persist through death in warzones. That seems fair enough.

Thankyou.

The thing is, the fleet will be full of people who don't mind being infected, and a small minority (probably) like me, who dislike the event as I cannot fight back, so there will be masses of people who don't mind you coughing on them.

The vaccine should perhaps be free, yes 2k is nothing to me or you, but for some people yet to make their first million it may well be, and why should they suffer for someone else's enjoyment?

Now, concede it would be more fun if I could throw some pebbles or lightening at your coughing toon and we are making progress!

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

I just really don't like this event because the daily mission is to basically troll people. I just almost don't like to play when the event is going on because it ruins my gameplay. And yeah I know that I can buy a vaccine and "deal with it" but I shouldn't have to, nor should anyone else who doesn't want to participate in the event. It should be structured differently than it is now. Also I don't know why the chose to have this coincide with the 12x xp event.

Thankyou.

The thing is, the fleet will be full of people who don't mind being infected, and a small minority (probably) like me, who dislike the event as I cannot fight back, so there will be masses of people who don't mind you coughing on them.

The vaccine should perhaps be free, yes 2k is nothing to me or you, but for some people yet to make their first million it may well be, and why should they suffer for someone else's enjoyment?

Nnow, concede it would be more fun if I could throw some pebbles or lightening at your coughing toon and we are making progress!

I still think there would be performance and technical concerns with open combat on fleet.

What would be really cool though... is if you could buy a "License to Kill" from a THORN vendor, and anywhere not on fleet you could flag someone with the infection to duel you with implied consent from being a plague-carrier. Then a 5 second countdown. If they leave the area or lose the duel, they explode without spreading the disease.

Yes. Because it is part of a game that you chose to play. The experience of the game is wider than just what you want, as an FYI...

I don't have to play every single aspect of the game. Space and PVP for example, are things I don't want to, and don't have to do. Events are the same : optional. Every event is optional except for this one, which imposes its rules even on those who don't want to participate.