The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Rakghoul Event is back.

Reno_Tarshil

Which other relics are cheap, easily attainable ? The ones from Alignment vedors ? Those require either light 5 or dark 5. That's a lot. How many toons have you gotten that high by lvl 50. Me ? Zero.

Are you really going through the hassle of finding a crafter and spend a crapton of creds to craft some level 50 relic ? Are you really going to grind 300 classic comms, at level 50, so you can have lvl 50 relics ?

Sure, there are "better" relics for lvl 50. But nowhere near as convenient as these. These relics are a one time thing, for the entire legcay. Any other relic will require extra work, extra creds, extra hassle every time for every character.

you can get campain relics for 150 classic coms. they arent the best but they will get you started...do the sm dp/df ops and the mission gives you pretty good relics

Edited by ivanhedgehog

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should he buy a vaccine to pander to your enjoyment rather than his? Feel free to explain that part in detail.

why should I have to not use aoes and click target during the gree event to avoid being involuntarily flagged? why not make pvp flagging opt in as it should be. pvp bullies forcing their fun on unwilling players.

I feel like some of the complaints could be easily resolved by making the vaccine persist through death and having the intro quest give 2-3 free vaccines.

At some point you start damaging the immersion of it by getting too meta. This game is sterile enough as it is without pre-gearing us to deal with every possible contingency. What's wrong with having to do a couple minutes of leg work and having to use our minds for something outside the routine? In my opinion: nothing. I think it's healthy for unexpected things to happen at least occasionally, and it would be a shame to lose that for the sake of a couple people who seem to be extremely tightly wound up.

you can get campain relics for 150 classic coms. they arent the best but they will get you started...do the sm dp/df ops and the mission gives you pretty good relics

You missed the other posts about the rakghoul relics. Yes, I know you can get those lvl 50 relics with 150 classic coms (that's why I said 300 in the post you quoted, you would want 2 relics ).

Basically, discussion was about the legacy relics from rakghoul rep vendor for leveling between 50 and 55.

IMO, considering you get bolstered at lvl 47on Makeb, any creds, time grinding classic comms to get lvl 50 relics is complete utter waste. Personally, as soon as I hit 55, I just visit the PvP vendor and get 2 great relics, better than ones granted by df/dp sm. I don't even think about relics for 50-55

You missed the other posts about the rakghoul relics. Yes, I know you can get those lvl 50 relics with 150 classic coms (that's why I said 300 in the post you quoted, you would want 2 relics ).

Basically, discussion was about the legacy relics from rakghoul rep vendor for leveling between 50 and 55.

IMO, considering you get bolstered at lvl 47on Makeb, any creds, time grinding classic comms to get lvl 50 relics is complete utter waste. Personally, as soon as I hit 55, I just visit the PvP vendor and get 2 great relics, better than ones granted by df/dp sm. I don't even think about relics for 50-55

You do know that Makeb gives basic comms not Classic right? Doing the story on Makeb also unlocks the weekly which gives you 20 basic and 12 elites as well. So I wouldn't consider Makeb a waste.

Classic are given at Black Hole, Section X, Daily Conflicts and Emerging Conflicts. (at least until the new expansion comes out as all that will change)

Section X also rewards basic.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Classic are given at Black Hole, Section X, Daily Conflicts and Emerging Conflicts. (at least until the new expansion comes out as all that will change)

I know of at least 1 vendor on Belsavis Republic side who sells almost exactly the same stuff like the Section X vendor sells.

The place is close to one taxi station ... I think it's called "Jungle Outpost" or so ?

Only if they make the pvp flag manually turned on

if you dont like it, get a MK-1 and be healthy for 5 hours, after 5 hours rehit it and pouf!!! healthy safe for another 5 hours

So, by your rationale I can have a flag to allow myself to be infected too? Or would you like to pay 2k each time you want to not flag yourself for pvp ?

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

You do know that Makeb gives basic comms not Classic right? Doing the story on Makeb also unlocks the weekly which gives you 20 basic and 12 elites as well. So I wouldn't consider Makeb a waste.

Section X also rewards basic.

What ? When did I say doing Makeb was a waste ? :confused:

I said doing anything like grinding classic comms, spending creds, or whatever, to get lvl 50 relics is a waste. Because when you do Makeb you are bolestered, so pretty much any gear you currently have is good enough.

But again, if someone wants to have say Dread Guard Relics for their Makeb run, by all means....

Edited by wainot-keel

What ? When did I say doing Makeb was a waste ? :confused:

I said doing anything like grinding classic, spending creds, or whatever, to get lvl 50 relics is a waste. Because when you do Makeb you are bolestered, so pretty much any gear you currently have is good enough.

But again, if someone wants to have say Dread Guard Relics for their Makeb run, by all means....

If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying there is no reason to go out of your way to collect the Classic Comms to buy Dread Guard relics to go from level 50 to level 55, when there is a zone that will automatically bolster and heal you anyways.

The wiser course being to save Basic Comms through Makeb and get the starter level 55 relics when appropriate.

Close?

So, by your rationale I can have a flag to allow myself to be infected too? Or would you like to pay 2k each time you want to not flag yourself for pvp ?

Considering going into the GSF Tutorial easily gets rid of your flag, it's already super easy to get rid of, same as the plague with a Vaccine.

No excuses.

Considering going into the GSF Tutorial easily gets rid of your flag, it's already super easy to get rid of, same as the plague with a Vaccine.

No excuses.

Other than it costs to buy vaccines and they themselves are useless to PVPers anyway, since there are more often than not, at least one death per warzone. So this protect yourself for 5 hours with a vaccine malarky is simply incorrect.

Other than it costs to buy vaccines and they themselves are useless to PVPers anyway, since there are more often than not, at least one death per warzone. So this protect yourself for 5 hours with a vaccine malarky is simply incorrect.

People have already agreed that persist through death in warzone for the vaccine is a good idea.

Leave that puddle of what once resembled a horse alone...

Which is why it absolutely should persist through death...especially for PvP.