Commendations in 3.0

Brewski

Will we be able to buy (and stuff in the bank until we can use) the new 186 gear at leel 55, or will we be stuck unable to spend our converted comms on anything worthwhile and unable to earn comms from the new expansion content until after we can spend comms at 60?

For an example, will the expansion look more like:

A level 27 toon buying level 45 mods and banking them for later on live? or

A level 50 who has the comms but is locked out of buying level 55 gear on live?

One option will allow us to spend overflow immediately without wasting it on stuff we don't want, the other will severely nerf the rewards for a lot of the 55-60 expansion content for many of us...choose wisely Bioware ;)

If you choose to spend comms to get under the 1000 cap so you can earn more comms, then when you reach the level needed to buy the level 60 gear, you will only have half the comms you would have otherwise had.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here goes everyone. Here is the information on the conversion rates around Basic Comms and what will happen when 3.0 launches. Just to reiterate for those unaware, here are the basic changes coming to Commendations:

• All PvE Commendations will become Basic Commendations in 3.0.
  • The Commendation types "Classic" and "Planetary" are being removed from the game.
  • The types "Elite" and "Ultimate" will remain but the current Comms you have will become Basic.
  • Warzone and Ranked Warzone Commendations remain untouched.

Here are the conversion rates for all Commendations.

• 2 Classic Commendations = 1 Basic Commendation
  • 1 Basic Commendation = 1 Basic Commendation
  • 1 Elite Commendation = 2 Basic Commendations
  • 1 Planetary Commendation = 3 Basic Commendations
  • 1 Ultimate Commendation = 3 Basic Commendations

The Basic Commendation cap will remain at 1000. However, when the conversions happen we will allow you to go up to 2000 Commendations. Note that until you go below 1000 again, you will be unable to earn any Basic Commendations. This includes if you buy an item and try to refund it. You must go below 1000 before you can earn more.

There ya go folks! All of the details and conversion rates on Basic Comms in 3.0.

-eric

Is post 3.0 basic commendation going to keep its 500 weekly cap or is the weekly cap being removed? This bit of information is just as important as the commendation conversion. This will determine if it is better to stack up on commendation right now so a player has 2k basic to buy new gear when 3.0 hits.

Edited by Warrgames

i want a confirmation from a dev on to what gear we can buy

And I want a pony, but I can't have one.

But the big difference is that in seven days, you will have your answers, but I still won't have a pony.

It's an unfair world.

And I want a pony, but I can't have one.

But the big difference is that in seven days, you will have your answers, but I still won't have a pony.

It's an unfair world.

How do you know? Maybe I read your sad sad story here and felt bad so I'm sending you a pony that will arrive in 3 days.

yeah that's cool and all bro.. umm no offense, but what does that have to do with what we're talking about?:confused:

It was a response to this comment.

makeb is only popular atm because of the 12Xp atm..when that's over no one will really care about it, and it will go back to how it was pre 12xp

Edited by LordArtemis

What about the current gear? Are any sets being removed?? Will they be relocated somewhere? Hello?

The Developers' response was the following.

• The Obroan and Brutalizer sets will be removed from vendors and replaced by the new Unranked and Ranked sets respectively.
  • The existing PvE sets will all be moved to a different vendor than they are on currently.

As today is Tuesday and this week is Thanksgiving I seriously doubt we will get confirmation and since early access begins on December 2 I imagine all the questions will be answered then.

Would it be nice if they give us the new ratings for the comms, sure it would but do I expect them to? No not with the holiday coming up.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Here goes everyone. Here is the information on the conversion rates around Basic Comms and what will happen when 3.0 launches. Just to reiterate for those unaware, here are the basic changes coming to Commendations:

What happens to the rewards and costs of what are now planetary commendations? Will heroics be worth the same number of Basic Comms as they're now worth for planetary comms? Will barrels/hilts/armors remain at 7 while mods/enhancements remain at 2?

If they change, going to be a lot harder to gear up while leveling. If they don't change, the fastest way to get great gear is low level heroics.

Only question I have is about the gear tokens(Arkanian, Underworld)...will we be able to turn those in for comms, or are they still going to be able to be used in game, or do they become worthless after 3.0?

It is fair to assume they'll remain and keep dropping from SM LV55 operations.

Only question I have is about the gear tokens(Arkanian, Underworld)...will we be able to turn those in for comms, or are they still going to be able to be used in game, or do they become worthless after 3.0?

that's a dumb question.. the gear you listed will still have value to the people who didn't pre-order the Xpac the lvl 55 guys...and beside Eric already stated all the current PVE gear will remain in the game post 3.0..they are just being relocated to another vendor somewhere on the fleet. the only gear that's getting remove from the game, are the current PVP gear nothing else...and also any gear below 180 will be obsolete..unless you want to keep set bonus armoring..other than that everything below 180 will be worthless at lvl 60

Edited by Lt-Snake

Eric already stated all the current PVE gear will remain in the game post 3.0 the only gear that's getting remove from the game, are the current PVP gear nothing else.

No, he didn't. People assumed that based on what he did say. But he did not say that.

Edited by Heezdedjim

No, he didn't. People assumed that based on what he did say. But he did not say that.

Oh, but he did.

Alright, here are the details:

• The Obroan and Brutalizer sets will be removed from vendors and replaced by the new Unranked and Ranked sets respectively.
  • The existing PvE sets will all be moved to a different vendor than they are on currently.

Hope that helps!

-eric

As Eric talks about sets, not gear, he might not be talking about all gear. Perhaps he's only talking about the gear that give set bonuses. Or only gear that come in complete sets. But he could also mean that all gear will remain. So it's all in how you read what Eric said. Or rather, all in how Eric wrote it. Edited by Dragondog

Will we be able to buy (and stuff in the bank until we can use) the new 186 gear at leel 55, or will we be stuck unable to spend our converted comms on anything worthwhile and unable to earn comms from the new expansion content until after we can spend comms at 60?

For an example, will the expansion look more like:

A level 27 toon buying level 45 mods and banking them for later on live? or

A level 50 who has the comms but is locked out of buying level 55 gear on live?

One option will allow us to spend overflow immediately without wasting it on stuff we don't want, the other will severely nerf the rewards for a lot of the 55-60 expansion content for many of us...choose wisely Bioware ;)

As we never have been able to do so before, I don't see that we will now.

As Eric talks about sets, not gear, he might not be talking about all gear. Perhaps he's only talking about the gear that give set bonuses. Or only gear that come in complete sets. But he could also mean that all gear will remain. So it's all in how you read what Eric said. Or rather, all in how Eric wrote it.

i think he is talking about all gear regardless if its set bonus or not.. commendations still exists so people will need something to spend it on, especially the folks who don't have access to either Xpac ROTHC/SOR and that's where basic coms come in..the people who dont have Rothc can buy campaign gear at lvl50...and the people who are lvl 55 can buy the none set bonus gear for coms or do SmMHM for set bonus gear. its that simple

i think you're the only one who misunderstood what he said.

Edited by Lt-Snake

It seems strange how the conversion rate for planetary is the same as for ultimates :o

or they want that everyone have easier and faster gearing to the new basic lvl... imagine someone walking into 180lvl gear environment with blues 148:P

If you choose to spend comms to get under the 1000 cap so you can earn more comms, then when you reach the level needed to buy the level 60 gear, you will only have half the comms you would have otherwise had.

No, assuming it is handled like RotHC, I intend to run no content that awards basic comms between levels 55 and 60. I'll grind PVP instead.* There are more useful things to spend comms on there, at least for those of us who do PVP, even below max level.

Now I might save some missions in the log for XP (so I can PVP almost immediately with the level 57 ability, I hope, as I did in RotHC to PVP with the level 51 ability). But I won't be running the storyline at level if I can't enjoy the rewards from it due to overflow restriction.

Better to find another way to get to 60, spend the overflow basic comms on useful items at level cap, then go back and do the story (while enjoying its full rewards).

I doubt this is an intended effect of present overflow mechanics but it is nevertheless a present disincentive to run expansion content if our present comms would convert into the 1000-2000 range. A short grace period where we could earn basics up to the planned overflow limit of 2000 would eliminate this disincentive to run expansion content at level. The ability to earn overflow comms would stop a week or two later, followed by another reasonable period of time to spend comms to get under the cap. Even though it's probably not currently planned, I would still encourage it as a suggestion ;)

*Yes, I do both PVP and PVE. If you're in a warzone with me, you don't have to worry about me being a PVE scrub that's just there for PVE reasons.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

LOL@ all these people getting in a fluff over low end comms that buy junk stopgap gear. :rolleyes:

Dude this is pure gold right here man, LMAO, ive been saying the same thing just in a different ways...everyone is so up in arms over basic coms like it's "THE" next best thing to come out in Swtor...Bwahaha i'm dying over here bro..

that how i react when i see i ppl getting super excited over basic coms for 3.0:D:D:p:p:p Edited by Lt-Snake

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.