Commendations in 3.0

Brewski

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will get the conversion rates out to you today. Should be later this morning!

-eric

How about an answer to my follow up questions to clarify what's happening with the level 55 gear too? You said stuff was being moved to a different vendor, but didn't really specify what sets...the comm gear or the raid token trade in gear? Black Market/Verpine/Underworld still going to be available in the game come 3.0?

How about an answer to my follow up questions to clarify what's happening with the level 55 gear too? You said stuff was being moved to a different vendor, but didn't really specify what sets...the comm gear or the raid token trade in gear? Black Market/Verpine/Underworld still going to be available in the game come 3.0?

he already said all the old gear will remain in the game, its just going to be move to a new vendor. i think that's pretty clear to me.

Okay,

I have been trying to picture how this whole new commendation system will work from leveling to endgame, and I still can't see it clearly (possibly due to my relative inexperience with MMO's compared to many players). Most posts seem to refer to how those already with full 186 gear will adapt, but I've seen very little on the transition from leveling to endgame. I know all current commendations are becoming "basic comms". So here is how I picture it.

Player rolls a toon, starts leveling up doing class and planetary quests. Along the way he starts getting the occasional basic commendation (instead of planetary commendation). He can spend these basic comms at the planetary comm vendors to get mods or equipment at certain levels (i.e., must be level 37 to purchase and use this gear). So for leveling, the system will work the same as planetary comms do now. Every player must decide, do I save these comms for better gear a few levels from now? Or do I spend them now for good gear at my current level?

Now suppose the player is getting close to level 50. He sees that Makeb level mods can get him 140 gear. So he saves up his basic comms, and at level 50 jumps into 140 rating gear. This is where it gets vague for me. Between 50 and 55, he will do tactical and HM flashpoints, dailies, etc. all earning basic comms. Supposedly, these basic comms will be able to purchase 146 gear, 162 gear, 168 gear, 180 gear and 186 gear. So will every leveling player essentially jump straight from 140 gear to 180 gear (i.e. save all comms earned during those levels and then buy all 180 gear at 55)? Will it work like PvP, where you have to buy the 162 gear, then spend that gear plus comms to buy the 168 gear, and so on? Or maybe the 162 gear will only cost a few comms, while 180 gear will cost a lot of comms? Or perhaps you can buy 146 gear at level 51, 162 gear at level 52, 168 gear at level 53, etc. I suppose any of these is viable with its own pros and cons.

Its entirely possible that this information is out there in some thread that I just missed, but if anyone can help clarify the gear progression between 50 and 60 from the point of view of a player who starts a toon post 3.0, I would be grateful.

• Dev Post

Here goes everyone. Here is the information on the conversion rates around Basic Comms and what will happen when 3.0 launches. Just to reiterate for those unaware, here are the basic changes coming to Commendations:

• All PvE Commendations will become Basic Commendations in 3.0.
  • The Commendation types "Classic" and "Planetary" are being removed from the game.
  • The types "Elite" and "Ultimate" will remain but the current Comms you have will become Basic.
  • Warzone and Ranked Warzone Commendations remain untouched.

Here are the conversion rates for all Commendations.

• 2 Classic Commendations = 1 Basic Commendation
  • 1 Basic Commendation = 1 Basic Commendation
  • 1 Elite Commendation = 2 Basic Commendations
  • 1 Planetary Commendation = 3 Basic Commendations
  • 1 Ultimate Commendation = 3 Basic Commendations

The Basic Commendation cap will remain at 1000. However, when the conversions happen we will allow you to go up to 2000 Commendations. Note that until you go below 1000 again, you will be unable to earn any Basic Commendations. This includes if you buy an item and try to refund it. You must go below 1000 before you can earn more.

There ya go folks! All of the details and conversion rates on Basic Comms in 3.0.

-eric

ok... Plz some who has the time do example calculations of how much you need for full 2000

EDIT: and i mean ofc in a way other than 1000 CC/1000 BC/250 EC (or is that the most efficent way?)

And ty Eric ofc! :)

Edited by Fazaani

Wow, I didnt expect the high conversion rate for planetaries.

Also, no word on top gear level purchasable with basic comms :(

Would like to also find out of prices of the current comm gear and mods from planetary vendors will change.

Edited by LordArtemis

Wow, I didnt expect the high conversion rate for planetaries.

Also, no word on top gear level purchasable with basic comms :(

Would like to also find out of prices of the current comm gear and mods from planetary vendors will change.

I'm not too surprised to be honest. A 1:1 conversion would have made planetaries worthless if you'd earned them whilst levelling if they weren't given a significant upscale. I guess the intention is to allow people to use their levelling comms plus Makeb bolster to get into a position where they can afford 1/2 bits of endgame gear when they hit 60.

1 Planetary Commendation = 3 Basic Commendations

Just making sure this is correct and wasn't accidentally reversed (ie: 3 planetaries = 1 basic), cause that means planetary and ultimate will be worth the same in conversion.

Edited by NSStember

Here goes everyone. Here is the information on the conversion rates around Basic Comms and what will happen when 3.0 launches. Just to reiterate for those unaware, here are the basic changes coming to Commendations:

• All PvE Commendations will become Basic Commendations in 3.0.
  • The Commendation types "Classic" and "Planetary" are being removed from the game.
  • The types "Elite" and "Ultimate" will remain but the current Comms you have will become Basic.
  • Warzone and Ranked Warzone Commendations remain untouched.

Here are the conversion rates for all Commendations.

• 2 Classic Commendations = 1 Basic Commendation
  • 1 Basic Commendation = 1 Basic Commendation
  • 1 Elite Commendation = 2 Basic Commendations
  • 1 Planetary Commendation = 3 Basic Commendations
  • 1 Ultimate Commendation = 3 Basic Commendations

The Basic Commendation cap will remain at 1000. However, when the conversions happen we will allow you to go up to 2000 Commendations. Note that until you go below 1000 again, you will be unable to earn any Basic Commendations. This includes if you buy an item and try to refund it. You must go below 1000 before you can earn more.

There ya go folks! All of the details and conversion rates on Basic Comms in 3.0.

-eric

Only 2000 overflow? I'm going to be losing out on a lot basic coms between all my alts.

• Dev Post
What happens if we break the 2,000 limit?

Do those comms disappear ?

Correct, the most Commendations you can have in 3.0 is 2,000. Any Comms over that limit will be discarded.

1 Planetary Commendation = 3 Basic Commendations

Just making sure this is correct and wasn't accidentally reversed (ie: 3 planetaries = 1 basic)

That is indeed correct, no typos. :rak_03:

The Commendation types "Classic" and "Planetary" are being removed from the game.

I've been meaning to ask, what does this mean for all the equipment that is currently available for those currencies? Will they become available with Basic commendations?

Edited by BenKatarn

(or is that the most efficent way?)

Depends on what you already have.

Easy to farm those 100 planetary comms.

+300

Weeklies for the Elites (CZ-198,Oricon, Makeb) = 36 * 2 = 72 basics (+ about 50 from the quests)

+122

Tactical FPs in GF, 10 Elites/day + 12 for weekly = 82 elites

+164

55 HC FPs in GF, 10 ultimates/day + 12 for weekly = 82 ultis = 246 basics + about 42 elites extra (2 per boss)

+330

-----

916+ basics with maybe 1-2 hours per char (do cz-198/oricon dailies while waiting for GF, and you'll come well over 1000 basics)

If you have everything maxed, you'll come to 3500 basics, and loose 1500, so find a better use for them, maybe buy your companions some 180 stuff, (or find a way to trade them to alts... ;))

Edited by Mubrak