The concept art on main page for Class story event

iDraxter

Please please please tell me that those sets will make it on the cartel market in the future! Take my money those sets are beyond cool.( Ya i know the trooper one already exists in-game)

Rather you make them obtainable through progression (raids etc), not money

Too much trouble.

People complain but they like being milked to death. No other explanation, seeing that nine out of ten, people ask for stuff to see its way to the CM.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I don`t have time for raids, maybe if you`d have a job atleast you`d understand something, besides what`s the last armor BW put up for PvP and PvE progression? Oh ya the crappy dread master poo gear.

Too much trouble.

People complain but they like being milked to death. No other explanation, seeing that nine out of ten, people ask for stuff to see its way to the CM.

yes i pay for what I like(like this game) what I don`t like I won`t pay for so what`s the problem with that? your not covering another persons expenses out of your own wallet so it does not concern you. Edited by iDraxter

Aren't these the Verpine set items you can get just by doing the tactical flashpoints for tokens?

I don`t have time for raids, maybe if you`d have a job atleast you`d understand something, besides what`s the last armor BW put up for PvP and PvE progression? Oh ya the crappy dread master poo gear.

yes i pay for what I like(like this game) what I don`t like I won`t pay for so what`s the problem with that? your not covering another persons expenses out of your own wallet so it does not concern you.

Sorry to say, but this is just a pitiful excuse. Many people have jobs and still raid, and claiming that only jobless people raid demonstrates superior ignorance on your part. Furthermore, I am sorry you feel self entitled to things, but you are not owed anything just because you pay a subscription.

it's fine if you don't want to raid, for whatever reason you choose, but using the "I have a job" excuse just demonstrates a level of immaturity and self entitlement, especially as I previously stated you can earn the tokens to get these items by doing random tactical missions.

Edited by Silverspar
Add my opinion on a post

yes i pay for what I like(like this game) what I don`t like I won`t pay for so what`s the problem with that? your not covering another persons expenses out of your own wallet so it does not concern you.

Good.

Gooooood.

The Butthurt is strong with this one.

It concerns me from the moment some cool armor sets could be given as in-game rewards. :rolleyes:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Too much trouble.

My thoughts on why CM instead of In-Game:

We ask for them to be put in the CM for the Adaptive Armor-ness, or because we know companies like getting their hands on their money and we try to appeal to that as a way of somehow getting the gears we want.

We ask for them to be put in the CM for the Adaptive Armor-ness, or because we know companies like getting their hands on their money and we try to appeal to that as a way of somehow getting the gears we want.

More like people want it now and don't want it then. It's the self entitled unicorn effect, the lofty ideals that they believe they should reach a goal much sooner than they are currently capable of.

Your point is moot.

Oriconian gear -- and above I believe -- is adaptive. ;)

EDIT:

Possibly the same with Obroan and Brutalizer.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Your point is moot.

Oriconian gear -- and above I believe -- is adaptive. ;)

EDIT:

Possibly the same with Obroan and Brutalizer.

They are? Then again, I don't raid at the moment so I wouldn't know for certain.

More like people want it now and don't want it then. It's the self entitled unicorn effect, the lofty ideals that they believe they should reach a goal much sooner than they are currently capable of.

I love when people pull the "Everyone is lazy and feels entitled to things they could just work for" card. Yes, there are people who feel entitled to things they shouldn't be, but if we are given an option one way for another, then the only ones complaining would be the lazy self-entitled, because the others (likely most) would be like "Whoo! New stuff to work for!"

I just personally assume that companies like having our money, and are more likely to make folks pay real cash for them.

I suspect that most people you see wearing full CM gear bought them off the GTN, and then unlocked from collections. Y'know, working for things by making the credits to pay those credit gouging sellers who just want to buy other CM gear, or just getting rid of junk.

Dunno why.

I for one miss the days when certain armor sets were UNIQUE for certain classes.

One of my Sith Warriors would look cool in the Imperial Agent's set. There's one why. And my Jedi Knight would be fun to play (not that he isn't already) in the BH set. Mix and match fun.

I disagree with your why, for the reasons I stated above already.

Not sure why do you think your "why" somehow supersedes mine.

It doesn't. I interpreted your asking me why I would rage at them being class-locked armors. I gave you my why.

And your why not doesn't supersede my why either. It's all preference.

It doesn't. I interpreted your asking me why I would rage at them being class-locked armors. I gave you my why.

It was rhetorical, which is why I added the unique-look for each class at the end, concerning a few armors.

And your why not doesn't supersede my why either. It's all preference.

That we agree upon. :D

I love when people pull the "Everyone is lazy and feels entitled to things they could just work for" card. Yes, there are people who feel entitled to things they shouldn't be, but if we are given an option one way for another, then the only ones complaining would be the lazy self-entitled, because the others (likely most) would be like "Whoo! New stuff to work for!"

I just personally assume that companies like having our money, and are more likely to make folks pay real cash for them.

I suspect that most people you see wearing full CM gear bought them off the GTN, and then unlocked from collections. Y'know, working for things by making the credits to pay those credit gouging sellers who just want to buy other CM gear, or just getting rid of junk.

I don't exactly consider making credits hard work in this game. I find that a faulty argument at best. And if you personally believe that people not wanting stuff sooner than later doesn't stem from laziness, you have missed the past decade of MMO gaming. I can remember when it use to be detestable at the very notion of the idea of selling virtual goods for money. Of course as the voices got louder saying "Hey <company devs> we will pay you money just to be able to use this" the more ears and eyes perked up.

Saying this didn't stem from self-entitlement and laziness is both laughable and systemically silly, especially in the belief that credit gathering is even remotely hard. Even the laziest player should easily make over one million credits a week in this game, and lazy being that they at least do dailies. If they are too lazy to do that, then really there is no help for them. Of course, that doesn't even get into the people that play the market game who make credits even faster.

I don't exactly consider making credits hard work in this game. I find that a faulty argument at best. And if you personally believe that people not wanting stuff sooner than later doesn't stem from laziness, you have missed the past decade of MMO gaming. I can remember when it use to be detestable at the very notion of the idea of selling virtual goods for money. Of course as the voices got louder saying "Hey <company devs> we will pay you money just to be able to use this" the more ears and eyes perked up.

Saying this didn't stem from self-entitlement and laziness is both laughable and systemically silly, especially in the belief that credit gathering is even remotely hard. Even the laziest player should easily make over one million credits a week in this game, and lazy being that they at least do dailies. If they are too lazy to do that, then really there is no help for them. Of course, that doesn't even get into the people that play the market game who make credits even faster.

I never said earning credits was hard. I said making credits was working for things at the very least. Of course quests and gathering little tokens to turn in for stuff is also work.

But the way you say it makes it sound like you were saying everyone is lazy. Maybe I am just a little optimistic in thinking that people recognize that companies now make their company by selling us cool looking stuff instead of putting in a system to earn them with little tokens or quests.

The sooner than later argument wasn't my point. My point was the automatic assumption that everyone is lazy and wants things sooner.

Yes, we want things sooner than later, but if the items were put in somehow (as CM or in-game reward for work) then all you would hear complaining from would be those silly lazy and entitled fools.

The "but wehhh, people are lazy!" argument when it comes to how to get something as simple as a nice looking bit of armour in a game never fails to amuse me.

It's a game. I'm not playing it to work. If I wanted to be doing something work like, I'd dedicate the time I spent on the game to my studies instead. And I'd much rather something I enjoy -- like nice looking gear -- is accessible to me in ways that don't force me to do things I don't find fun, what with fun being the entire reason I'm playing a game in the first place.

I'm grinding bounty rep at the moment because I've come to the conclusion that I want the sleen -- but it is not at all, in any way, fun. It's mind numbingly boring, and if I weren't so stubborn I'd just go "screw this, I'll do something I actually *like* doing during my free time".

Call it lazy or entitled, but I'd rather spend my time allocated for fun and nice things doing something I find... fun, not spending it doing content in a game I don't enjoy at all rather than all the other content I do enjoy. It's a bloody game, Not work.

Aren't these the Verpine set items you can get just by doing the tactical flashpoints for tokens?

Sorry to say, but this is just a pitiful excuse. Many people have jobs and still raid, and claiming that only jobless people raid demonstrates superior ignorance on your part. Furthermore, I am sorry you feel self entitled to things, but you are not owed anything just because you pay a subscription.

it's fine if you don't want to raid, for whatever reason you choose, but using the "I have a job" excuse just demonstrates a level of immaturity and self entitlement, especially as I previously stated you can earn the tokens to get these items by doing random tactical missions.

pitifull excuse? You couldn`t be further from the truth...

1) I work 5 days of 12 hours Nightshifts and on my 2 days off I go spend them in college and I place real life 1st if i hadn`t I`d be here playing minimum 8-12 hours a day and complaining on the forum all day on how dare BW puts vanity items for sale for money.

2)I never came to this game for raids to begin with.

3) I`m ignorant and demonstrate a level of immaturity? I`m a responsible and respected person.

4) You realise i asked for vanity items right? if you have time then you can get them free by working via raids or whatever, I don`t have the time for that and I`d rather buy "vanity" you don`t see that as balanced? time<-->money.

Good.

Gooooood.

The Butthurt is strong with this one.

you just increasing your post count right?

V-A-N-I-T-Y can u read it? i never asked pay2win i want vanity not stats

The "but wehhh, people are lazy!" argument when it comes to how to get something as simple as a nice looking bit of armour in a game never fails to amuse me.

It's a game. I'm not playing it to work. If I wanted to be doing something work like, I'd dedicate the time I spent on the game to my studies instead. And I'd much rather something I enjoy -- like nice looking gear -- is accessible to me in ways that don't force me to do things I don't find fun, what with fun being the entire reason I'm playing a game in the first place.

I'm grinding bounty rep at the moment because I've come to the conclusion that I want the sleen -- but it is not at all, in any way, fun. It's mind numbingly boring, and if I weren't so stubborn I'd just go "screw this, I'll do something I actually *like* doing during my free time".

Call it lazy or entitled, but I'd rather spend my time allocated for fun and nice things doing something I find... fun, not spending it doing content in a game I don't enjoy at all rather than all the other content I do enjoy. It's a bloody game, Not work.

^This guy gets me

Edited by iDraxter

So you're not arguing against this in the same vein? You know, you want it to be available only via the way you'd go out and get it. So, my question is, is your raid group willing to help the OP gain the gear through raiding, if that's the only way one could get it, or is it one of those "Know the fights, have set bonuses, and have the gear for NiM to run SM" groups? Some people that actually do have the time to raid don't meet the requirements, others, like myself, can't be arsed to mess with those groups because it has always, whether true or not, smacked of "come carry us through this Op, because we're unable to carry you".

I don't care either way. If they're inclined to add it to the CM, great, if they make it available via raiding, great. I won't be breaking my neck either way to gain it. I do, however, find it truly amusing that one group calls out another group for wanting it a certain way because they'd rather have it the other way.

basiclly I love how these hardcore jobless people(or part timers to give them some slack) they have more time to play then anybody and complain about ppl that do not have more then 1-2 hours a day(maybe) to spend in-game but they`d pay for vanity instead of going the free route but time consuming. Do such ppl suggest I quit my job for a freaking game?

They want it only their way, time-consuming(which they have loads) and free(not keen on spending money) and complain about a 2nd option of simply buying a vanity item just because they would not pay for them themselves.

Again talking strictly about VANITY no pay2win BS

Edited by iDraxter