The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Coins to Credits

Add a way to exchange your cartel coins to credits. Like the way we exchange the ship requisition for fleet requisition.

Or a way to purchase credits from the Cartel Market like credit boxes on the consumables tab. It could go like this:

50'000 Credit box - 150CC

100'000 Credit box - 250CC

500'000 Credit box - 1000CC

1'000'000 Credit box - 1800CC

5'000'000 Credit box - 5000CC

Its just an example. I think the first option would be better that way we can only purchase the exact amount of credits we need.

I know you can make lots of credits buy getting cartel stuff, selling and blah blah blah. but that takes a really long time and there are moments when you need the credits for yesterday. So a way to spend cartel coins to get credits would totally be the savior of the day of many people with urgent credit needs.

Edited by Saito_Hiraga

Considering that subs get free cartel coins - actually, no, considering how easy it is to turn cartel purchases into credits, I think this suggestion has no merit. Nor did it have merit any of the other times it was brought up in the past:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=715270

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=606269

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=628842

There are some more, those were just the first couple I found and recognized.

No matter how I would just LOVE to buy credits with CC as easily as I buy CC with real life money, I understand it is not likely to ever happen as it would probably harm the economy of SWTOR. The current method available - selling cartel market stuff for credits on GTN - is not only slower and time-consuming, it most importantly does not increase the amount of credits in SWTOR. All the credits you can get this way had to be originally gained by someone from a drop or quest reward - which are sources BW can regulate and balance comfortably. If we were allowed to buy credits for USD (or some such), the amount of credits in SWTOR could increase drastically over very short time, inflating prices on GTN and discouraging players who rely on earning credits through playing - and if hardcore players leave, rich spending players might follow and SWTOR would end up where neither BW nor we want it. Pity, though, I would really love to buy some credits myself...

No matter how I would just LOVE to buy credits with CC as easily as I buy CC with real life money, I understand it is not likely to ever happen as it would probably harm the economy of SWTOR. The current method available - selling cartel market stuff for credits on GTN - is not only slower and time-consuming, it most importantly does not increase the amount of credits in SWTOR. All the credits you can get this way had to be originally gained by someone from a drop or quest reward - which are sources BW can regulate and balance comfortably. If we were allowed to buy credits for USD (or some such), the amount of credits in SWTOR could increase drastically over very short time, inflating prices on GTN and discouraging players who rely on earning credits through playing - and if hardcore players leave, rich spending players might follow and SWTOR would end up where neither BW nor we want it. Pity, though, I would really love to buy some credits myself...

I agree with this. Some player would not hesitate to spend over $100 a month on what ever they want. Most of us can not do that.

As much as I need a lot of credits right now ... I still cannot condone the purchase of credits via CC or other means. (Even thought I REALLY could use several mill. in credits right now) !

Let's keep it fair to everyone!

I'm OK with buying cash shop items in order to sell to other players for credits. Seems like a good way to make that stuff available to people who can't spend the cash on it.

BUT - I wish they would get rid of the bind timer. I play another game with the same basic setup: you can buy cash shop items and sell them on the auction house for game money - but unlike SWTOR, you can post them for sale right away, you don't have to wait for more than a day. It's nice.

I'm OK with buying cash shop items in order to sell to other players for credits. Seems like a good way to make that stuff available to people who can't spend the cash on it.

BUT - I wish they would get rid of the bind timer. I play another game with the same basic setup: you can buy cash shop items and sell them on the auction house for game money - but unlike SWTOR, you can post them for sale right away, you don't have to wait for more than a day. It's nice.

I would like to see the bind timer lifted for intra legacy transfers. Getting a cool piece of armor or something on the one character you have bag space to bust packs on and having to wait a couple days to equip it on the character it would look good on is annoying.

Aside from that, I'm ambivalent on it. I buy alot of crates off the GTN and flip the individual items for a profit so lifting the ban would benefit me, I think but in general, I don't usually sell things off immediately. If I bought the crate, it was cheap. If crates are cheap, the items from them will be lower than in the future so I generally sit on things a while until the market stabilizes somewhat.

/shrug.

• 2 months later...
I support this idea but make say a million credits work out to about $3.00 worth of cartel coins and I think this would kill the credit spammers by killing their market. The only reason why they are here in game is because there is a market for it but if bioware created their own market people would be more inclined to buy from bioware rather than these credit spammers. And then if the credit spammers have no buyers they will eventually leave the game and allow us to get back to playing.

No I don't think it would hinder cartel pack sales I think people would go this route to say make a large purchase like a guild ship. A lot of smaller guilds may have problems buying a guild ship but this would be a way for them to get a ship and participate in conquest.

Or players who have a lot of toons where they can't run dailies often because of real life and need the credits to cover the cost of swapping mods. Or augmenting gear. Or to buy augment kits and augments off the gym as well there are many reasons this would help.

But most of all if players want to buy credits they will go to the farmers it's obvious someone is buying from them or they wouldn't be spamming. So obviously it hasn't killled anything in game currently. I just think offering this option would kill credit farmers. Would stop that spam and now they are starting to send whispers in game and how about those junk emails we get lol.

I see benefits I can't see how this would hinder the game because if there was any bad that would come from this it would already have happened because obviously people are buying credits from the farmers because they wouldn't be wasting their time if people weren't buying from them.

So I strongly suggest this as an option to eradicate credit farmers and at the same time put money in biowares pocket the more money bioware makes the more staff they can hire the more staff the more content they can make to make the game better. So I can't see any bad side to this. I like this game so would love so much to be added and done in game and by looking at all the great suggestions and requests in these forums we won't see most of these things because there is so much and they can't do everything but if we helped bioware make more money and same time kill credit farmers it's a win for everyone really.

Doing dailies (skipping Belsavis and Space missions) will net you at least 600-800k a day for 2 hours of work (Sage or Sorcerer with Treek for speed runs).

This is the credits gained from the missions alone then you can add upp everything you loot + the credits from running Black Hole, Makeb and Oricon heroics solo.

You could easily earn 1 million a day doing everything or do what I do; have one 60 Sage and one 60 Sorcerer = at least 1.2 million each day from dailies.

Why would you need to buy credits when you can earn 600k - 1 million credits a day from doing dailies or 4.2 - 7 millions a week?

I ssly don't understand your request OP?

You are too lazy to spend 2 hours a day to get 600k credits handed out to you for free?

:rak_02:

Edited by redsovereign

I agree not sure why we need this but I do like the idea on the merit that if bioware did do this than that would cut out the credit spammers on fleet hopefully and the spam emails that I get and lately the whispers I get as well. Someone must be buying credits or they would not be spamming. Because spamming that all day everyday for months and not selling they would fold up shop and move to another profitable game. So people must be so I rather have bioware make the money and have the spammers leave the game because it's not profitable. Plus the extra cash that bioware makes could employee a few extra people to work on content like more pvp areanas or end game content or some of all these great suggestions in the suggestion box I think probably 99% of suggestions are ignored and honestly probably 5% maybe more are really good ideas and if bioware listens they could make a funner better game that may attract more players and old players back again.

I think this is a great game so if something like this helps get rid of credit spammers and helps bioware make cash at the same time I say lets go for it even try it out for a few months see how much it affects cartel sales and see how much it affects the credit spammers we can always take it away if it's not productive.

Plus a lot of players like to be rich they can't be in real life because it's hard to do in real life. They may not even spend the credits just have to say hey I have cash lol. I think that's why players hate all the credit sinks like the cost for learning skills which by the way that's awesome they removed them because leveling it was hard to stay on top at end game it was easy to earn cash to cover those costs. Mod swapping eats up a lot but I can live with that.

I can see both sides; it would be nice to cut the foundation for the credit-spammers, but it would also ruin the economy, and create hyper-inflation where everything costs in the millions.

So, I don't think there's going to be any changes anytime soon as things seems to work out.

But I would like people to not automatically sell CM stuff without looking at the price they sell the stuff for. It's ludicrous to see CM stuff sold for 5 credits.

Doing dailies (skipping Belsavis and Space missions) will net you at least 600-800k a day for 2 hours of work (Sage or Sorcerer with Treek for speed runs).

This is the credits gained from the missions alone then you can add upp everything you loot + the credits from running Black Hole, Makeb and Oricon heroics solo.

You could easily earn 1 million a day doing everything or do what I do; have one 60 Sage and one 60 Sorcerer = at least 1.2 million each day from dailies.

Why would you need to buy credits when you can earn 600k - 1 million credits a day from doing dailies or 4.2 - 7 millions a week?

I ssly don't understand your request OP?

You are too lazy to spend 2 hours a day to get 600k credits handed out to you for free?

:rak_02:

First of all my friend there's no such thing as "Free" on this topic, Cartel Coins cost real money so Im paying for them and even if they open a market to directly purchase credits with real money I'll still be paying for them. so NO Im not getting anything handed out to me for free...

And actually 2 hours doing dailies get you at least 400k I know I've done them many times.

Also remember people dont live in a game, they have to work, study, I bet most even have a family, relationship or child to spend time with and attend many other real life situations; And just as there's people who might play 6-8 hours a day or each third day, there's also people who dont even have enough time to play those 2 hours daily or who may even play those 2 or maybe 6 hours a week depending on their personal life situations.

And yes the credit spammers are becoming a really nasty problem in SWTOR. I've been recieving whispers and mails as I know almost everyone have. And yeah I would totally prefer to pay my money to Bioware for any in-game upgrade, item and currency. Since they are the game owners and I can bet my money at least would go to pay the team who work hard every day to keep the game running. So if they open a way to convert cartel coins to credits or a way to directly purchase credits via real money I would be happy to purchase from that market just as I've been doing with Cartel Coins.

2 hours a day?

Your mother called, dinner is ready, come up stairs to the table...

Some of us work for a living, it is not worth our time to do stuff we don't want to do... $20 is a drop in the bucket for those of us with a good job or a business, 2 hours of our time is not...

I really don't see the problem. I spend about 200 cc once or week or so on Cartel Market items, wait until the binding timer expires, and change them to about ~700k. If you need money that badly, buy a pack for 250cc and sell it for ~300k - that'd net you less money, but it'd be faster.

Also remember people dont live in a game, they have to work, study, I bet most even have a family, relationship or child to spend time with and attend many other real life situations;.

You don't think I work everyday and hang out with friends? :)

The fact is that you the only time you would not have 2-3 hours to play the game is if you are either away the whole day or you are father/mother to a baby child.

Usually people spend 3-4 hours a day watching TV after dinner.

Either you do dailies or you watch TV or you have a laptop so you can do both.

All I hear is exuses =)

Edited by redsovereign

2 hours a day?

Your mother called, dinner is ready, come up stairs to the table...

Some of us work for a living, it is not worth our time to do stuff we don't want to do... $20 is a drop in the bucket for those of us with a good job or a business, 2 hours of our time is not...

Again you don't think I work?

Hint 1; I work in a restaurant

Hint 2; Since the restaurant is new it's not uncommon that I have to work for 10-12 hours a day during 7 days sessions without a day with break add to this that I have a minimum wage which means I even if I bust my behind off I sitll don't earn much

Why do I do it? Because I love the people and the place.

Funny thing is; I still have time to sleep and do dailies! :eek:

PS: You also say that "It is not worth you time to do stuf you don't want to do" well so don't do them?

Noone is forcing you to get a lot of credtis because beyond buying expensive adaptive armor, mounts and decorations, there is not that much to actually spend credits on in SWTOR. Note that when I say "not that much to spend credits on" then I mean as in; because Bioware removed skill training cost there is actually very little in the game that takes away your credits.

That's the key word here YOU are the one that is saying that YOU HAVE TO. Noone else ever said that you had to earn a lot of credits. Nothing in the game punishes you for not having millions of credits.

Again YOU are the one that have decided that not having credits is the problem and instead of using the tool there is which is; hundreds of thousands of credits for "free" each day you want to buy to win.

Why do you think I take time to do dailies each day?

Because I enjoy doing them. As weird as it might sound it's true I ENJOY doing them, it's relaxing to me and and doing a daily session is when I just relax and get ready to go to sleep.

Trust me when I say; if I personally didn't enjoy doing dailies then I wouldn't do them it's as simple as that.

If you ssly believe that pushing numbers in a video game is as much work as your real job then I dunno... MMORPG s have always been about some "work" (if you want to use that word). In every single MMORPG to date and especially the old ones you had to grind.

SWTOR have literally ZERO grind andthe gmae is giving away welfare millions because dailies is so profitable and still that's not enough? :rak_02:

Edited by redsovereign

no it doesn't take a lot of time... 50k for 150 cc? are you serious? 150cc is easily worth at least 150k :l

Had to laugh at the example as well considering all the gold farmer shouts on the fleet.

They offer 1000k for $6 USD so lets do the math.

1,000,000 / 50,000 = 20

150CC x 20 = 3,000 CC

3,000cc will probably cost around $30 USD.

So in actuality the decision would be to pay $30 do Bioware for 1 million creds or pay the gold sellers $6 for 1 million creds. To compete with gold sellers on this front Bioware would have to offer 1 million credits for 450 CC. Broken down from your original suggestion that is 333,333 (rounded down) for 150 CC. And what will happen? Gold sellers will lower their price to outsell Bioware. Not to mention the prices on the GTN will skyrocket with the influx of Credits thus negating the relevance for this option.

Realistically once you hit 60 you can make 50k in the black hole in 10 min running torvix solo. Not to mention running 16man TFB low man and killing everything including the money mob. (got 43k per person on him last run).