The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[Rant] Enough with that cybernetics stuff !

Hello,

normally, I don't rant about items.

this time I do, and here is why :

On Vanjervalis Chain, the cybernetic armor pieces are blocking almost 30 pages within the GTN !

Well, 10 at least, the following pages with "fillers", but overall ... something around 30 pages. Still lots of it within the next 20 pages.

People just don't want that kind of armor. People are not buying it.

So, PLEASE - do a pause in releasing cybernetics. It's just blocking too much space within the GTN.

Thank you.

Regards,

Alrik

I have to agree with this.

On The Progenitor, the cybernetic torso takes up aprox. 10 to 15 pages of GTN. Whenever I go to Adaptive Armor > Chest and sort by price, the Cybernetic armor fills 10 pages with a price of 300-500 Credits.

I rarely see anyone use that kind of armor for Flashpoints and Story gameplay. The only time I had to use it was for a guild plot involving cybernetic-humans, armed with staffs and blasters.

People rarely use anything of the cybernetic armor. Please, invest the time you have to create some more fitting armor for every class. There is still so much you can do with the Old Republic era. Make more tunics and battle armor for Jedi/Sith, recreate some of the Kotor/comic armor. Make some more nice weapons for Troopers and Bounty Hunters. But please, don't waste space in the upcoming packs with any cybernetic armor.

Edited by Alssaran

Players asked for the ability for droids to be a playable race. The cybernetic armor is the answer to that request. Be careful what you wish for...

That being said, I agree. The latest packs have the cybernetic armor way too common. Players are buying packs for the decorations and getting lots of armor, so the supply is too high and the demand is too low.

That being said, on the Harbinger, those armors do sell albeit for a pittance.

I've used a few on my one character. I do actually kinda like it. That said, even I'm getting tired of every permutation available as its own set, and hope they're done with this last piece.

-Set with both arms & legs "human."

-Set with one arm & leg "human."

-Set with opposing arm & leg "human."

-Set with both arms & legs "droid."

I get that they probably want to make it so people can have a "full matching outfit" exactly how they want, but it's a bit absurd to look and see the only difference between an entire set is just one leg being different than another full and complete set.

Now, I'd be down for different types of cybernetics along this line, but enough of that same pop-riveted look. Or, if they're hell-bent on doing one more, do something different with the torso instead of just the arms. Say, a half-metal, half-flesh option going diagonally down the middle of the torso. Use the "covert energy top / underwear" look for the flesh part and stretch it over the metal part. Blam - something different, but not entirely different, and still fits in with anyone who'd want a "cyborg" character to not look like C3-P0 with a human face.

All that said, my one friend has commented on how I do have a tendency to turn characters I don't like into "droids" between the one set that's all "cybernetic" (i.e. no human skin or anything) and the helmet from the Dramatic Extrovert set to complete the look. Doesn't always work - Qyzen looks like a robot dinosaur gone rogue from an amusement park - but it makes me laugh.

There are ways to implement cybernetic armor without having to be in packs. They could make it a cooperative craft between Armormechs and Cybertechs. One could make a part the others need to craft the final piece. I, too, have a character that uses cybernetic armor pieces, but it is getting to ridiculous levels. You nearly have to give the stuff away free on Ebon Hawk.

Or maybe make the drop rate for the cybernetic sets less common. I only bothered to buy one set and I'm pretty much set now.

Hey, Calsetes, what set did you use on Qyzen? I want my own robot dinosaur.

I forget what set, but it's one of the first ones they put out that has basically no fleshy bits on it whatsoever - I can check when I get home. Only non-robot parts are his head, hands, and feet.

I checked the GTN again, and I have to reduce my numbers now. Yesterday evening it was rather 20 pages than thirty, and not 50 at all - it seems to have calmed down or I had wrong numbers in my memory when writing this rant.

But 20 pages is still a hefty number.

Edit : I'm complaining only on the vast numbers (theatrically speaking), not on the quality or the look - as I don't use this stuff myself.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Players asked for the ability for droids to be a playable race. The cybernetic armor is the answer to that request. Be careful what you wish for...

That being said, I agree. The latest packs have the cybernetic armor way too common. Players are buying packs for the decorations and getting lots of armor, so the supply is too high and the demand is too low.

That being said, on the Harbinger, those armors do sell albeit for a pittance.

Problem with the cybernetics armour (which I use on a sentinel) is that it is both too simplistic, lacking customization beyond 2 tone colours, and lacking droidesque abilities/emotes... It also most strongly appeals to RP players, but how many servers are RP?

Playable race with both unique class and storyline, faction neutral until lvl 15/20ish

single wield ? done

dual wield ? done too

Double bladed ? done to death

Quadruple wield ? You know you want to.

Mentioning droids as a playable race will only bring the worst of us into comments :D

I just trash the cybernetic parts I get from the CM packs. They don't sell anymore.

And if ever we would have more piece with 2 legs or arms cybernetics. Don't want a half cyber character at all. There's a reason I sliced Quinn in 2 and chopped off his arms too.

Then wish they fix the hue color on the cybernetic parts as if you mix them the chest tone won't fit the legs ones and for legs based on the 858 part the dye does not apply to the 2nd area at all, so you get stuck with a "fleshy" look and again...

Problem with the cybernetics armour (which I use on a sentinel) is that it is both too simplistic, lacking customization beyond 2 tone colours, and lacking droidesque abilities/emotes... It also most strongly appeals to RP players, but how many servers are RP?

I actually found a decent way to do one, but it definitely takes a bit of work:

-Human race

-White eyes option

-/Droid dance emote

-Cybernetic armor

Only downside is you need to hide the helmet unless you use something that only covers the mouth / top of the head, so a good alternative might be something like one of the Darth Malak Jaw Casings that's available. Have yet to see those in action, but I'd imagine they'd work out fairly well. And again, it's all based on what you said - RP-ability and the relatively few people who do such things.

• 4 weeks later...
add this with all the "antique socorro" weapons..........please start actually thinking about what you are using as filler. Too much supply and virtually no demand for any of it. Label it rare? then why are there just as many pages of this junk as there is with the cybernetics.

The first Cybernetic sets were nice. They looked good. Every set after looks like the art was done by a 6 year old. They just look awful and plain, hence no one wanting to use them.

I don't think I've seen a single person using the later Cybernetic Armor sets.

Between these and the current weapons, it seems that the art department is phoning stuff in and concentrating on the GSH deco items.

I think there are probably enough of these sets not, plus the ones in the new packs are too common, I was after the Vrook set so I purchased a 24 pack with some cartel coins I saved up and got at least 10 crates that had the cyber stuff in (I stopped counting) and virtually nothing else got 1/2 pieces of stuff I actually liked. Now I know it is essentially a gamble pack and you can not guarantee getting anything you want but in my mind that is too common.

Problem with that is though, these aren't droids, because they still have flesh in small places (though it makes you wonder, the way the fleshy bits are, why bother even trying to save that part of the body). They don't look very droid-like, and even the fully cybernetic ones look very plain and cheap. If we could get a cybernetic set that's new, I'd like it to be based on the Imperial/Republic Assault droids that you see on the fleet, that there's an HK skin of.

I agree. It's ugly, it's common, and you can't even give it away.

You would be better off giving us armors that make us look like actual robots, strong looking robots, like the ones in Oricon, for example. These scrawny crappy versions that look like a human arm or leg was attached to 2V-R8 have to stop.