An incredibly frustrated and angry returning player

Gigabolt

Ok first off i know I am gonna get criticism, stop qq etc.. thats fine im prepared for that.

But regardless here is my rant, at this point my anger is at the extreme end of pi**ed off.

So anyway, I returned to game, i could see in forums about bolster in pre 55 to remove expertise as it would hurt performance, ok that's pretty ridiculous right there. That to pvp i need to completely change every single damn slot. Wonderful really appreciate it thanks.

So fortunately i see I have almost 200 planetary coms over the the current limit eve, great i can use these to get mods with no expertise to repalce my current mods.

So i go through the long process of this and finally get my gear to something like it was before but with zero expertise.

Then i go into wz and see find out that these mods actually *********** gimp the **** out of my performance, I have less hp than a sorc when i spent tons on my gear.

Bioware can you understand how *********** furious i might be at the pure ******** a man has to go through just to play a *********** wazone and contribute?????????

Why do you make it so *********** hard!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! FOR **** SAKE PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS BLOSTER SYSTEM

IF NOTHING ELSE JUST GIVE EVERY CLASS A SET AMOUNT OF STATS SO GEAR WISE YOU WOULD HAVE PREFECT BALANCE (FOR PRE 55).

Ok im ready for the hate but i dont care, too *********** angry.

PvP

Where the people who play the most, have the best gear/stats and beat up on the people with the least experience and gear / stats. Perfect system isn't it? Oh, rather than separate them by gear & experience, put in a bolster system which really accomplishes nothing at all. If that's not enough.... force them to do arenas against premades in full current season PvP gear! Want to make your own premade? OK, but you can only make half a team, unless we randomly put you in an arena.

There's fail all over in PvP.

;)

PvP

Where the people who play the most, have the best gear/stats and beat up on the people with the least experience and gear / stats. Perfect system isn't it? Oh, rather than separate them by gear & experience, put in a bolster system which really accomplishes nothing at all. If that's not enough.... force them to do arenas against premades in full current season PvP gear! Want to make your own premade? OK, but you can only make half a team, unless we randomly put you in an arena.

;)

Your tears are delicious...

Reading that was like watching Gordon Ramsey before the watershed.

So much beeped out.

Want to know what annoys me?

When you get a takeaway delivered and they put a menu in. We just ordered, did they think we guessed what they sold?

We already have a damn menu, stop clogging up my bin with more.

But....is this a valid complaint? Does the lack of native expertise gimp your stats if you use bolster? Id be interested to know.

Nope, he geared incorrectly. the proper way to gear sub 55 is to wear anything you want close to your level.That will bolster you to a good place to contribute. Also, hit points as a proxy for gear quality is even worse of an assumption in pvp than it is in pve.

Nobody sub55 should be wearing any expertise and nobody has an advantage there. Actually has basically been that way since launch except for tiny amounts they threw to you above level 40.

But....is this a valid complaint? Does the lack of native expertise gimp your stats if you use bolster? Id be interested to know.

It doesn't, I have geared half of PvP alts in that way and was always competitive. Most likely he didn't augment his gear...

no what im saying is i removed all mods with expertise, replaced it with mods from the makeb vendor, to find this actually gimps me as well.

How the hell am i supposed to know what gear will or wont ruin my performance!??!?!!?

The ppl in wz told me I have to get rid of the epic mods, they dont bolster well.

But how am i supposed ot know that before i spend all my coms on them !?!?!?!?

no what im saying is i removed all mods with expertise, replaced it with mods from the makeb vendor, to find this actually gimps me as well.

How the hell am i supposed to know what gear will or wont ruin my performance!??!?!!?

The ppl in wz told me I have to get rid of the epic mods, they dont bolster well.

Did you just remove the mods and not the armorings and enhancements ?

PvP

;)

Actually; the problem is they put in bolster to ease this pain some, but all they wound up doing was make it more confusing for new players. PvPers know how to get PvP gear and until that point, they also know how to game the crappy system so in the end, this has made PvP worse for new players as they do not have a clear progression path. Oh, and its bound to be broken again come 3.0 stat increases.

I'm all for a hard set stat level via bolster rather than the weird calculations it does now.

If you are sub cap and want to optimize your stuff and you have been gone a while, you would typically ask someone.

It's sub level cap PvP, it doesn't matter that much. Do you have Augment slots on you gear? Those don't get bolstered if they don't exist. Cheap crap mods are fine.

I can appreciate your frustration, but that is also the nature of the MMO beast, you take a long break and the game will be very different when you get back.

So apparently the OP's first ever use of any internet forum, with regard to how to gear his character for PVP was AFTER he had spent (hours, credits, comms?) to gear his toon wrong. Then, because he didn't bother to research the best way to do it before he spent the (hours, credits, comms?) he came here to share with us his failings.

Thanks!

So apparently the OP's first ever use of any internet forum, with regard to how to gear his character for PVP was AFTER he had spent (hours, credits, comms?) to gear his toon wrong. Then, because he didn't bother to research the best way to do it before he spent the (hours, credits, comms?) he came here to share with us his failings.

Thanks!

I read on the forums that you should remove expertise and i did that. How could I even guess of such a system where pre 55 you can get certain mods which were so good that it would negatively affect how you get bolstered. I mean seriously surely I cant be the only one that thinks this system is stupid as hell!?!?

I think you need to calm down, OP. You need to look on the bright side, now you'll know better when you level any other characters. :):p

Yeah you are right and thankfully i have calmed down. Just felt so frustrating when I couldnt understand what was wrong. I decided to stop pvp until 55, (only few more levels anyway). Then I know where i stand and can just stack the pvp gear.

Yeah you are right and thankfully i have calmed down. Just felt so frustrating when I couldnt understand what was wrong. I decided to stop pvp until 55, (only few more levels anyway). Then I know where i stand and can just stack the pvp gear.

Sounds like a plan. I haven't done level 55 PvP in a long while, so I don't have any tips or pointers to offer you, but good luck anyways. ;)

OP does need to calm down, but what he is pointing out is something which is counter-intuitive about the current bolster system, and that is that as you approach 55, using better mods will actually lower your bolster.

I've experienced the same 'W T F' moment when I changed all the misc 40-ish level blue mods in my character's armor to level 50 purple mods from the Makeb vendor, and saw my stats actually decrease.

Does it make sense that at level 50 / 51 using lower level blue mods + bolster would provide higher stats than level appropriate purple mods + bolster? No it does not.

One thing I did learn though that might help the OP, and that is there is a 'bolsterizer' on the faction flagship (Gav / Ziost) near the target dummies which will let you set up gear and then see how bolster affects your stats.

Edited by DawnAskham