A Sniper before the Masses

Nektulos

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played a BH tank before launch, but through watching during the beta and vids and livestreams, I feel in love with the Sniper, so I'm rolling as soon as I get Early Access. Any tips for a new Sniper?

Get used to rolling into cover and having a really good situational awareness.

I played during the thanksgiving beta weekend to lvl 25 as an engineer. Loved everything about the class and and rolling the exact same thing again.

Played a BH tank before launch, but through watching during the beta and vids and livestreams, I feel in love with the Sniper, so I'm rolling as soon as I get Early Access. Any tips for a new Sniper?

I found with a marksman build that It was more effective to dismiss the companion and re summon between fights than to res and heal him.

Also it helped to turn off one of his Agro building taunts so damage was shared more between us. worked better than having him drop 5 sec before the end of the fight:D

NOTE

I only got to high teens with my sniper in the beta weekends so I know nothing about life after 20 So I am no expert but just having fun and learning the class but since I did not enter my code till late Sept I expect it will be a few days till I can log into Lord Praven and play

Sniper was my first choice when the classes were announced. Played Trooper & smuugler during testing and thought the game was a bit /meh, didn't make it past L2 for either.

logged in last night and created my IA and had an absolute blast! only managed a few hours but got to L6 without really noticing. Loving it :D

So what's the intent of this thread? Because I smell some elitism on it from that phrasing. And that seems a bad thing. If you were a beta player you should welcome "the masses" because the larger they are the more success they'll bring the game.

-Provided the servers can accommodate them.

Edited by Ghengis_John

So what's the intent of this thread? Because I smell some elitism on it from that phrasing. And that seems a bad thing. If you were a beta player you should welcome "the masses" because the larger they are the more success they'll bring the game.

-Provided the servers can accommodate them.

Personally, I'd say excitement, camaraderie and preparation for nostalgia in a few years when we re-read it. :) You can find something negative in about anything if you look hard enough, but it doesn't mean it's intended.

Cyborg Sniper since I started researching what I wanted to play (before beta).

And knew it was fate when I made my beta IA look like Wesley Snipes, and then the story OMG THAT WAS EPIC!

The whining little child that flies the ship? Why would you want to look like him?

Guess I can post in here, Raging <Denial>-Girrada the Hutt. I played in 3 of the betas and was a sniper in every one of them. I did tinker with some of the other classes but I enjoyed both the IA story and the sniper gameplay the most so far. Sure I will have alts but atm its 50 or bust for me!