Can we finally make Datacrons legacy-wide in the new xpac?

wilcou

That analogy isn't even remotely feasible here. I'm laughing that you even brought it up.

Some people want their entire legacy to "get paid" (stat bonuses) simply because ONE character found the datacrons.

That seems pretty similar to me.

Then again, I am not one of the people who expects to be able to do something ONCE and reap the rewards multiple times. I also do not expect to "get paid" this week for something I did last week when I already "got paid" for doing it last week.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ratajack, are you unaware of Legacy gear? And its uses?

Ratajack likes to earn everything he has.

Don't like the look of your character delete it and start again not use the customizer.

Never use dyes because they are CM junk he earned his gear and the default color not the dyes.

He may have legacy gear but he never uses it to transfer mod.

Hell he does not even share the mat between his toons each crafter has to earn his share.

He is the true man i tells you.

Edited by Jaxtes

Ratajack, are you unaware of Legacy gear? And its uses?

I am fully aware of legacy gear and its uses.

Legacy gear allows the transfer of a SINGLE set of mods between characters. It does NOT magically produce and identical set of mods for each and every character. There is only ONE set of mods.

To make datacrons and legacy gear equivalent, there would need to be a "legacy datacron" that got "charged" with the stat bonuses when a player with the "legacy datacron" equipped found a new datacron, and that "legacy datacron" could then be sent between characters. That way there would still be only ONE set of bonuses, not an identical set of bonuses for each and every character, present and future, in a given legacy.

I am fully aware of legacy gear and its uses.

Are you also aware this system can be used to send set bonus armoring and mods to toons that have not EARNED them. And that bioware is well aware of this UNEARNED advantage some of the toons have. :confused:

Are you also aware this system can be used to send set bonus armoring and mods to toons that have not EARNED them. And that bioware is well aware of this UNEARNED advantage some of the toons have. :confused:

Again, you ignore that fact that there is only ONE set of mods that is sent between characters. Legacy gear does NOT magically produce an identical set of mods for each and very character a player has, present and future.

The player "earned" a single set of mods. He can do whatever he wishes with that SINGLE set of mods. That is not the same thing as being handed an identical set of mods for each and every character he has, present and future. There is still only ONE set of mods that was "earned", no matter how many characters that player has to which he chooses to send that set of mods.

Again, you ignore that fact that there is only ONE set of mods that is sent between characters. Legacy gear does NOT magically produce an identical set of mods for each and very character a player has, present and future.

The player "earned" a single set of mods. He can do whatever he wishes with that SINGLE set of mods. That is not the same thing as being handed an identical set of mods for each and every character he has, present and future. There is still only ONE set of mods that was "earned", no matter how many characters that player has to which he chooses to send that set of mods.

Well the OP and other are willing to give "earned" ingame credits for unlock on each character.

Think of it as a commodity exchange they "earn" the credits which they want to spend on getting the datacron bonus and codex.

Guys, the people against this have proven themselves immune to logic in multiple other threads. The fact is that this would be a good QoL change that would fit nicely in with the legacy system. And I say that as a player who has earned all the datacrons on 5 characters. Everybody but Ratajack sees his argument for the strawman it is. I have to presume he never uses quick travel because it's "exactly the same as free BiS gear."

This proposed feature is as innocuous as speeders in spaceports.

Guys, the people against this have proven themselves immune to logic in multiple other threads. The fact is that this would be a good QoL change that would fit nicely in with the legacy system. And I say that as a player who has earned all the datacrons on 5 characters. Everybody but Ratajack sees his argument for the strawman it is. I have to presume he never uses quick travel because it's "exactly the same as free BiS gear."

This proposed feature is as innocuous as speeders in spaceports.

QoL did you just say "Quality of LIFE" huh, that crap is for noobs. Real men EARN their games.

Some people want their entire legacy to "get paid" (stat bonuses) simply because ONE character found the datacrons.

That seems pretty similar to me.

Then again, I am not one of the people who expects to be able to do something ONCE and reap the rewards multiple times. I also do not expect to "get paid" this week for something I did last week when I already "got paid" for doing it last week.

Lol

STOP USING THAT ANALOGY.

It doesn't work here. This isn't a JOB producing a viable product. And if I ever go to my boss and say I found a way to do things easier, I'm usually rewarded.

Stop being obtuse.

Edited by Arkerus

I am surprise that I heard someone remember and mentioned class buff. Because that has become meaningless and almost forgotten since legacy unlock, may as well just add that to base stats. And people want to do the same to datacron.

No wonder why twitch is so popular that so many people want to play the game but not play the game.

Edited by Banegio

Lol

STOP USING THAT ANALOGY.

It doesn't work here. This isn't a JOB producing a viable product. And if I ever go to mug boss and say I found a way to do things easier, I'm usually rewarded.

Stop being obtuse.

IMO, that analogy works fine here. Both are situations in which you expect to be rewarded multiple times simply because you did something ONCE. It seems to me that you don't like it because it IS accurate and you have no way to refute it. so you simply dismiss it.

Finding an easier way to do something is not the same as not doing that something but expecting to be rewarded multiple times because you did it once.

I've already said that I support making it easier to reach the datacrons on subsequent characters. I just don't support handing out multiple sets of stat bonuses because a player found them once on one character, or even a few times on several characters.

IMO, that analogy works fine here. Both are situations in which you expect to be rewarded multiple times simply because you did something ONCE. It seems to me that you don't like it because it IS accurate and you have no way to refute it. so you simply dismiss it.

Finding an easier way to do something is not the same as not doing that something but expecting to be rewarded multiple times because you did it once.

I've already said that I support making it easier to reach the datacrons on subsequent characters. I just don't support handing out multiple sets of stat bonuses because a player found them once on one character, or even a few times on several characters.

By this post i hope you are amenable to my suggestion of commodity exchange after all in real life jobs you don't do everything yourself let the people grind the dailies or OPs and let them exchange the "hard-earned"credits from these activities to buy the legacy datacron update for each toon.

By that logic, nobody could refute a comparison between apples and oranges either.

It's not just your logic that's flawed, it's your whole way of thinking. And that is why nobody bothers with trying to get you to see reason.

By this post i hope you are amenable to my suggestion of commodity exchange after all in real life jobs you don't do everything yourself let the people grind the dailies or OPs and let them exchange the "hard-earned"credits from these activities to buy the legacy datacron update for each toon.

Are you amenable to allowing players to use "hard earned" credits or RL cash in the form of CC's to obtain BIS gear, including relics, implants and earpieces? Are you amenable to allowing players to use "hard earned" credits or RL cash int he form of CC's to buy rep with all factions? Are you amenable to allowing players to use "hard earned" credits or RL cash in the form of CC's to buy achievements? Are you amenable to allowing players to use "hard earned" credits or RL cash in the form of CC's to purchase max level characters?

If not, then why should anyone be amenable to allowing players to simply buy the datacron stat bonuses?

By that logic, nobody could refute a comparison between apples and oranges either.

It's not just your logic that's flawed, it's your whole way of thinking. And that is why nobody bothers with trying to get you to see reason.

I guess the devs are just as flawed then since they do not seem to falling all over themselves in order to cater to you and your desire to have something handed to you on each and every character you have, present and future, simply because you did it once on one character.

It seems to me that I'm in good company on that score.

Circular arguments are circular. The problem here is everyone is overthinking the solution. There are much easier options to implement than changing the datacron system to be Legacy unlocked.

At any rate, these two threads probably should be merged since we are beyond a simple CM suggestion and actually debating a QoL/beneficial change to the gameplay itself.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=766342

Edited by TravelersWay

I guess the devs are just as flawed then since they do not seem to falling all over themselves in order to cater to you and your desire to have something handed to you on each and every character you have, present and future, simply because you did it once on one character.

It seems to me that I'm in good company on that score.

Yeah, because there's nothing else that SHOULD be implemented that hasn't yet :rolleyes:

Whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night, brosef.

Are you amenable to allowing players to use "hard earned" credits or RL cash in the form of CC's to obtain BIS gear, including relics, implants and earpieces? Are you amenable to allowing players to use "hard earned" credits or RL cash int he form of CC's to buy rep with all factions? Are you amenable to allowing players to use "hard earned" credits or RL cash in the form of CC's to buy achievements? Are you amenable to allowing players to use "hard earned" credits or RL cash in the form of CC's to purchase max level characters?

If not, then why should anyone be amenable to allowing players to simply buy the datacron stat bonuses?

we already allow players to use cc's to gather the credits to buy BIS mods. money laundering is perfectly fine.

Ha. You really are lost aren't you?

Your work analogy is silly at best considering this isn't work (whereas we are getting paid).

And I've already told you, I am literally PAID to find ways to stop doing the same redundant BS in our projects year after year.

SO let me make this clear to you. No value add work is REMOVED because its not a value add. Stop being obtuse. You;'ll figure it out someday.

//someone doesn't want their grind "work" seem less important, lol

Edited by Arkerus

we already allow players to use cc's to gather the credits to buy BIS mods. money laundering is perfectly fine.

Mods do not include things such as relics, implants and earpieces. You cannot purchase those with credits or CC's. Those still have to be earned per character, just as the stat bonuses from datacrons have to be earned per character.

Ha. You really are lost aren't you?

Your work analogy is silly at best considering this isn't work (whereas we are getting paid).

And I've already told you, I am literally PAID to find ways to stop doing the same redundant BS in our projects year after year.

SO let me make this clear to you. No value add work is REMOVED because its not a value add. Stop being obtuse. You;'ll figure it out someday.

//someone doesn't want their grind "work" seem less important, lol

Actually, you are getting "paid" for finding those datacrons. You might not be getting "paid" in cash or credits, but you ARE getting "paid" with stat bonuses. So there IS value add work, and legacy datacrons would be value add work removed since you would be getting "paid" multiple times with stat bonuses for something you did only ONCE.

You'll figure it out someday.

Mods do not include things such as relics, implants and earpieces. You cannot purchase those with credits or CC's. Those still have to be earned per character, just as the stat bonuses from datacrons have to be earned per character.

you really should learn to play the game. I make quite a bit of cash selling relics. try trolling with something you actually know about.