What is this for?

Kestien

• 2 weeks later...

The description makes it sound as though it will be for something later. Also everything that was made to be vendor trash says so in the description. And this item is Unique.

It may be for nothing but it could be for something worth more than 500credits

• 4 weeks later...

Usually vendor trash is grey text.

This could be one of those items that's involved in some complex puzzle chain (like the glass of water found on Tatooine or the tool to destroy the datacron).

Maybe it's for something that is not yet in the game yet.

If you don't need the 500 credits, throw it in your cargo hold.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. As someone mentioned, if it's supposed to be vendor trash it would have been grey. Could be a leftover from something that wasn't implemented, or... something else.

Edit: I misread and thought it came from a crewskill. If it's from a class quest, then I doubt it's used for some super-secret treasure hunt kind of thing. They probably forgot to tag it as grey.

Edited by Maranea

In the other MMO I play (Lord of the Rings Online) there's a "Lucky HorseShoe" that you can take as a quest reward. Nobody knows what it does and the devs have been really coy about the whole thing. Players have been talking about it in the forums forever and nobody can figure it out, not even the stat crunchers.

I hate that!

It is not vendor trash, but it is not currently used in the game for anything.

So it is in the loot drop table, but whether it is a left-over from some content that was removed from the game or if it is something that will be useful for something that will come in the future, I have no idea. Even my magic 8-ball suggested asking again later :(

In the other MMO I play (Lord of the Rings Online) there's a "Lucky HorseShoe" that you can take as a quest reward. Nobody knows what it does and the devs have been really coy about the whole thing. Players have been talking about it in the forums forever and nobody can figure it out, not even the stat crunchers.

I hate that!

The lucky horse shoe is there so the dev's can laugh at how many people carry it around. Its purpose is to be an inventory space thief.

The lucky horse shoe is there so the dev's can laugh at how many people carry it around. Its purpose is to be an inventory space thief.

Sounds a lot like when you get a Republic only schematic and you are Imperial, and vise versa. Pointless.

Could be like the Counterfeit ruby from the smuggler class quests. Not sure what it's for, but regardless I'm holding on to it.

Yeah I think this item is exactly like that. It fits into the story, at the time, but is essentially vendor trash of a high worth ... so not marked as grey.

I sold my fake ruby after holding onto it for around 1 level after realising it played absolutely no role in anything apart from giving me a reward in a form that wasn't directly credits.

If these items were essential for something they'd appear as mission items.

Why do you have to sell it on Nar Shaddaa?

You can't sell it anywhere else? Just curious.

You have a much better chance of selling it on Nar Shaada. Nar Shaadda allows cross faction trading on the Hutt Trading Network. (It's seperate from the GTN) A schematic for Republic items is almost worthless to an Imperial player because Imperials cannot equip anything it can craft. The only way you can get it in the hands of a Republic player is to use a cross faction trading network (or have a faction player buy it for his opposite faction alt on the GTN and then he does the trade himself on Nar Shaadda). In any event, the non faction kiosk must be used in it's journey. I wish smugglers and IAs could access both faction's GTN. I would be a nice class perk.

Edited by Owsley

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Sounds a lot like when you get a Republic only schematic and you are Imperial, and vise versa. Pointless.

i have at least 7 schematics for those ive gotten on my jedi guardian...i want to get rid of them, but they are blue schematics and i dont want to just vendor them but their useless....GAH! and yeah. im just gonna hold on to this thing for a while...ive got plenty of bank space.