Confused about what to do about gear with 12k boost.

yandars

Already had problems even 4 levels above boss cause of crappy gear. Do i go back and do heroics for comms? Use green gear that drops? ETC. I have adaptive gear, but dunno if i should hold off till i hit 55.

Thoughts?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Use adaptive gear and by mods, armouring's and enhancements from the GTN.

Swap new mods and armouring's every 10 levels. Works for me. Also you only need to buy blue or green to be effective. With the your level being higher than the class requirement because of the boost, it should be easy to manage.

Edited by FrogSkin

New character new server so not a lot of $. Would going back and doing heroics be the only way? Or would green drops be enough?

I was able to make it to 50 on no existing cash and only a few GTN greens when I got really stuck somewhere. But yeah, you definitely do feel starved for gear after a short while.

Either or.

Gear doesn't mean as much while leveling as it does endgame. While it certainly is a handicap to have lesser gear, and it will take longer to kill trash, it's pretty hard to hit a insufficiency wall because of your gear when it comes to class content--likewise you can't really over-gear for content either. Most difficulties while facing chapter bosses and what not arise from level deficiency or, more likely, poor gameplay.

As long as you're level-matched to the content and play smartly, any green gear within five (or even ten) levels is more than enough to complete objectives.

I just dont' understand. Do all the quests if you need money. Gather and sell, craft, etc. Do you really not know this? Oh oh oh, you are wanting 12x the amount of money per quest huh? Just be happy with the exp.

That's a bit harsh, don't you think?

Good game design would also have made sure the gear would follow the level progression.

Seems to me they rushed this buff live without taking the time to polish it at all.

Look: the XP buff isn't even displayed and people are wondering whether they got it or not

Then there's no mention anywhere training skills is free, which is also a really good selling point.

since conquest I ve had to add 2 more characters into my raiding guilds for guildship rewards, how I leveled them?

mercenary, now 41 lvl with KUAT tactical, I was 15 when I started and I become 30, while I forgot that I was with lvl 15 items! I bought some mods and items with planetary comms.

sniper lvl 30 with KUAT again, same thing... u dont need the boost xp, just KUAT tactical, is 1lvl per run up to 30 and 2 runs per lvl from 30 to 40...then its a pain

plz notice, that I have 16 characters and I enjoyed all planet quests and missions several times, I did these 2 just for conquest. So I did only the critical quests to get the companions for these 2 :)

So if u want a descent gear, just play some pvp or do missions quests for the planetary comms, then go buy some gear for the appropriate level.

Edited by Oyranos

You don't pay for upgrading skills so you have extra cash for cheap greens of the gtn. Spaming heroics and flashpoints is also an option and kind of helps to get away from the class quests for a second. :) Do warzones and convert coms into commendations and buy mods. There's a plenty of easy options. Edited by jankiel

If you started a new char, take cybertech and scavenging. Make green armorings and mods as you level. Its working for me so far. Course if you have an alt with cyber that works too, just this way you don't have to switch back and forth every few levels.

We have the awesome XP-boost for almost 2 months. That's plenty of time to slow down a bit every now and then to craft gear/farm heroics for comms or whatever.

Now, if I only could convince myself of that.... had so much fun leveling yesterday that every minute spent sorting gear felt like an eternity of wasted time. :p

I just buy greens off the GTN. Quest credit rewards seem to provide enough for that. I'm on Quesh right now with an Operative and haven't been getting much gear as quest rewards. Most of my gear is under leveled but I compensate by sneaking past most of the trash. If I have to fight I just use stuns, bubbles, etc to survive. Bosses I just pop heroic moment and then bomb them with my legacy abilities and they go down pretty quick. I kinda think this 12xXP is more geared towards players who have a few 55s, but that's just me. Companions I've just been using whatever is newest so I don't have to worry about gearing them. With all the perks I have it's still pretty easy even being under-geared.

If I were to start on a new server, I'd probably pick a stealth class so I could bypass most of the trash. I'd get one char up to 55 and then just do dailies to gear fund the rest.

Leveling this way has been a blast! I love just experiencing the class story.

Just use green drops and buy some from GTN when/if you have enough credits.

Are greens good enough? More than good enough if you just keep them upgraded. We didn't have adaptive gear and many maxed cybertechs/artifcers when some of us started playing this game dec 2011. Green and blue drops were all we had. Planetary comms were also planet specific, not universal.

If you pick armormech or synthweaving(spelling?) that's even better! Use greens from those.

Armormech: tech users

Synth: force users

I just buy greens off the GTN. Quest credit rewards seem to provide enough for that. I'm on Quesh right now with an Operative and haven't been getting much gear as quest rewards. Most of my gear is under leveled but I compensate by sneaking past most of the trash. If I have to fight I just use stuns, bubbles, etc to survive. Bosses I just pop heroic moment and then bomb them with my legacy abilities and they go down pretty quick. I kinda think this 12xXP is more geared towards players who have a few 55s, but that's just me. Companions I've just been using whatever is newest so I don't have to worry about gearing them. With all the perks I have it's still pretty easy even being under-geared.

If I were to start on a new server, I'd probably pick a stealth class so I could bypass most of the trash. I'd get one char up to 55 and then just do dailies to gear fund the rest.

Leveling this way has been a blast! I love just experiencing the class story.

I have only one level 55 on TRE but he has level 450 Cybertech. Running dailies with just one character to have enough credits for crafting is pain but it's manageable if you only level one character at a time.

Edited by Halinalle

I just dont' understand. Do all the quests if you need money. Gather and sell, craft, etc. Do you really not know this? Oh oh oh, you are wanting 12x the amount of money per quest huh? Just be happy with the exp.

Actually you almost get that too. Just not in the way you think. Check trainer on leveling character next time you play. :)

Edited by Halinalle