Down again

RandyL

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the same loading screen problem. Tried to log back in and had an error 1003. I get these a LOT. I'm on a laptop, yet my husband who's hardwired never seems to get them.

Usually I can get logged back in. Still, Harbinger sure does like to go down a lot. Like it did Saturday night.

My biggest problem is the short amount of time i can play a day and it keeps going down during prime time:mad:

Yea I just got home :(

This isn't as bad as when it went down Saturday night, but it's still just about the worst time of day for it to go down.

I just crashed to an infinite loading screen...whilst healing the Sav-Rak fight in Lost Island HM...(just as well, it was going pear-shaped because of an under-geared idiot DPS who doesn't understand the concept of "letting the tank pull and gain threat first." One for the weird people in GroupFinder thread, I think...)

Fix this, FFS.

Be nice if we knew why this keeps happening... :(

Hardware most likely. If it was software we'd see continual problems related to other servers using the same software architecture or we'd be seeing far, far less problems with Harbinger. So who knows the exact issues with Harbinger's hardware. The server could be old, could be poorly maintained, etc.

It is pretty annoying though how shortsighted their policy is to just ignore the server problems indefinitely despite the fact Harbinger has chronic issues relative to all the other servers. I mean after all, Revan preorder just happened and Harbinger goes down yet again for the second time in 3-4 days?

How do they not see the issue with this server? Look at the forums list on the main page and you'll see this servers forum has a ridiculously higher number of posts, and so many of them are related to server crashes. I'm so close to starting a Kickstarter so we can drop a dump truck load of hamster food at their corporate HQ to force them to acknowledge the issues with our friendly, overworked server power supply.

Additionally, how damn hard is it to anticipate these problems!? I swear to Yoda, when Star Wars VII comes out, this server is going to be down for seven months from the influx of new players - if the server itself doesn't just explode from the load.

I've been here since launch and we still have these issues all the time, I can't believe someone in tech support hasn't figured this hardware issue out yet. :(

EDIT: I've never seen as many issues on any other server.

Edited by Wodaz

I've been here since launch and we still have these issues all the time, I can't believe someone in tech support hasn't figured this hardware issue out yet. :(

EDIT: I've never seen as many issues on any other server.

Was there always a server named Harbinger? I stopped playing in March of 2012 I think, started playing again about 2 months ago. I used to play on Drooga's Pleasure Barge and that server seems like it got renamed or merged.

the sad thing is I paid to transfer 3 characters to this server due to population. Now I cant even play at all & my time is very limited. I've notice this happen twice in a week. Does this happen all the time on this server? I've never noticed before :(

Was there always a server named Harbinger? I stopped playing in March of 2012 I think, started playing again about 2 months ago. I used to play on Drooga's Pleasure Barge and that server seems like it got renamed or merged.

Yes, just like Jedi Covenant. Some servers kept the name but they did claim they are different because of there hardware.

Edited by Wodaz

the sad thing is I paid to transfer 3 characters to this server due to population. Now I cant even play at all & my time is very limited. I've notice this happen twice in a week. Does this happen all the time on this server? I've never noticed before :(

This week is an exception. Something is going worse than normal :p

Normally it might be once every month or two (and it's always Harbinger only).