Eric, where is the "cool thing for subscribers"?

Icebergy

The 12X EXP perk.

Gamers have been asking for the ability to level with class story only for a long time now.

It's a very nice perk even if it is short lived.

I also noticed on my alts that I no longer have to pay to train skills. So I had to buy a ton of skills after my 12X experience gave me like 4 levels after a couple of missions.......saved over 60k lol. I don't have to spend any more on skills so that is a nice perk as well.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also noticed on my alts that I no longer have to pay to train skills. So I had to buy a ton of skills after my 12X experience gave me like 4 levels after a couple of missions.......saved over 60k lol. I don't have to spend any more on skills so that is a nice perk as well.

Speeder piloting can be purchased for free as well since it comes from your class trainer.

XP bonus is completely useless to me, a speeder or pet at the very least could have been a decoration for my stronghold if it wasn't cool enough to actually use.

You're not the only subscriber though. I know you said you hate to be "that guy", but really, that's what you're doing. You didn't get what you wanted, so they wasted your time with an announcement? Did you take a vacation from work/school to stay home on the computer 24/7 waiting with bated breath for the announcement, and that's what you're upset about? Don't take this the wrong way, it's a serious question, because I know people that have actually done that before in other games.

I've only been around about a year, and while I had finished all but the BH story, I had other alts that I'm running for other stuff, such as romance arcs, so it's a boon to me. So much so that I also preordered specifically because of it. Gives me plenty of time to work on these "projects" on the side, since I can do them in a few days, instead of a few weeks, and spend the rest of my time once they're done working on my mains to get ready for the meat of the expansion, so in my opinion, it was a cool thing indeed.

More ideas that are better than increased XP:

- Mobile legacy storage for subscribers.

- The ability to turn any orange piece of gear into legacy bound gear.

- An exclusive stronghold.

- An exclusive companion.

-A holophone type device that lets you turn in missions and complete conversations without returning to town.

All of that qualifies as brand new QoL features which coincidentally requires far more coding work than the existing subscriber rewards with *no* such requirement.

With 3.0 just around the corner, do you really think BW is going to spend a bunch of their human resources on pre-order/subscribers rewards as opposed to the expansion itself? All in the name of pleasing a few outliers such as yourself? I mean come on, be realistic here.

Based on the expectation level you have for what proper subscriber/pre-order rewards should look like, you have effectively set yourself up for disappointment from the get-go and that's nobody's fault but your own.

Edited by Oneirophrenia

Well, if I were to guess at some perks that might have been enthusiastically accepted by the community like the 12X XP boost....

Legacy bank for subs

Pack of Cartel Market certs to use on embargo vendors

Decorations pack that includes a crafting vendor, dailies terminal and a universal mod vendor

Reduction of Speeder I to level 1

Just to name a few.

But it is pretty hard to beat this perk....

12X XP boost for class quests

Grouping with high level players does not effect XP payout for boost

Stacks with guild, legacy and market/reward XP buffs

All class abilities are zero credits to train, including speeder training

Thats a HUGE perk IMO.

cool thing my ...A little pink with sparkles hair pony would be better than that, for my syth.

Its a cool thing, for the crowds the game attracted the last year, with lots of companions unfinished... not for the old players.

I personally consider these things as a cheat and thankfully I have enough 55s, to lvl up in the new expansion. So I consider the gifts, irrelevant.

I would consider a cool thing the statue, if the statue can be sold...

Edited by Oyranos

I gotta agree. It's what sold me on buying it yesterday...well...not really, I'd have bought it anyway, but it did make me press the button without delay :)

I did the same thing, but then when I went to create a new character....I realized I disnt really care to create anyone else lol. I got 8 classes and I only really play 3 regularly ATM.

Talk about an impulse buy, not that I wouldn't of bought it anyway.