Eric, where is the "cool thing for subscribers"?

Icebergy

So they haven't offered anything that you deem worthy of a preorder and that's fine. What would you rather have that would give you incentive along with pleasing everyone else?

Good question. They have holostatues, that train, sell stims, sell crafting suppies. They also have differnt animation for post fight healing, for example vending machine. The list is long and its something that all players can use and get a lot of use from. The Revan staute will never even get used by most of the gamers because the only spot you can place it costs so much credits to unlock.

Edited by BlackEyeArtistry

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question. They have holostatues, that train, sell stims, sell crafting suppies. The list could be long and its something that all can use and get a lot of use from. The Revan staute will never even get used by most of the gamers because the only spot you can place it cost so much credits.

Then give me yours, i have enough space. :rak_03:

Actually something that just struck me...if you look at the Disciplines blog post, it almost seems that the skill costs are going out the window since they are following a linear skill path. Almost as if they've gotten rid of upgrades for current abilities. If that's the way this were to play out, the Hutt Statue may become obsolete...

I'm just purely guessing here btw. That's just how I see it could work.

Edit: I mean ability costs that you'd train as you level up not skills.

This maybe true we will see.

It's impossible to give something away that's universally useful or interesting. Someone won't like it or will want something else.

While I do agree with your point, IMO, the pre-order bonus didn’t do anything for me at all. I have leveled all the toons want, and the XP in this game has never really been an issue for me. But, I kind of wish they had offer the Holo-Trainer in this expansion, like they did in the Hutt Expansion. Universally, it was a very handy thing to have for leveling. The 12X Boost is very cool and is something many gamers wanted. So I am happy those players are getting a desired bonus for them.

Me personally, the pre-order items do nothing for me at all to preorder, not because they aren't good enough, but for me, they do not entice me to order. That being said, I will end up getting the expansion for the new PVE content and 5 additional levels. I have been playing this game since launch. I see myself continuing to play this game, with the occasional break here and there.

If they wanted to entice me to preorder, the features that would have worked for me would have been a Holo-Trainer; additional PVP content wouldn’t hurt either. But, in the end, I will get the expansion because I enjoy this game. :D

It's the 12x class mission xp perk. It's absolutely awesome. Getting all my characters I haven't really been playing level up now. Love doing the class missions I just go 'cool another level! cool another level! cool another level' after I complete a class mission. Very great what they are doing here. Genius! I'm enjoying it a lot!

While I do agree with your point, IMO, the pre-order bonus didn’t do anything for me at all. I have leveled all the toons want, and the XP in this game has never really been an issue for me. But, I kind of wish they had offer the Holo-Trainer in this expansion, like they did in the Hutt Expansion. Universally, it was a very handy thing to have for leveling. The 12X Boost is very cool and is something many gamers wanted. So I am happy those players are getting a desired bonus for them.

Me personally, the pre-order items do nothing for me at all to preorder, not because they aren't good enough, but for me, they do not entice me to order. That being said, I will end up getting the expansion for the new PVE content and 5 additional levels. I have been playing this game since launch. I see myself continuing to play this game, with the occasional break here and there.

If they wanted to entice me to preorder, the features that would have worked for me would have been a Holo-Trainer; additional PVP content wouldn’t hurt either. But, in the end, I will get the expansion because I enjoy this game. :D

We don't need another holo trainer, we have the hutt holo trainer all the time now. Don't you have one after pre ordering last time or don't you have it? You should still have it. I use it every time I level up on the field.

We don't need another holo trainer, we have the hutt holo trainer all the time now. Don't you have one after pre ordering last time or don't you have it? You should still have it. I use it every time I level up on the field.

Not everyone has a holo-trainer. I wasn't even playing this game when the last expansion came out so I obviously don't have one. If you want one, you've got to shell out several million credits for it. Assuming, of course, you can actually FIND one.

But you aren't the only market to be concerned about either. What if this bonus brings a preferred or f2p player to subscribe? What if it brings back some older subs that only wish to do class stories and avoid planetary quests? What if there are some current subs that just want to see the class stories once more but play DS or LS?

Even though some people don't think this is a nice gift, there are plenty of players that do and it may end up being healthy for the game to boot.

I am not saying its terrible, however I still to this day use my Huttholo statue. Come Dec 1st all people will have is a Revan statue that most people will never use. My suggestion is only to have some items that have some long lasting usability that all can enjoy as well as the leveling bonus.

I am not saying its terrible, however I still to this day use my Huttholo statue. Come Dec 1st all people will have is a Revan statue that most people will never use. My suggestion is only to have some items that have some long lasting usability that all can enjoy as well as the leveling bonus.

I agree that the Hutt Statue is the most useful thing I use as well. I'm honestly having a tough time thinking of any alternative bonus that would make the 16 AC's players happy in this situation that would compare to the statue.

Edit: for clarity

Edited by SteelPiranha

You could already level with class story alone during double XP, and by doing a small amount of other things otherwise.

And it seems to me that a majority of subscribers are probably long term players, and a majority of long term players have probably already leveled as many characters as they wanted to level given that the game has been out a couple years now.

I hate to be 'one of those guys', but I would really like to see an official confirmation that this is in fact the 'cool thing for subscribers', because I'm really not at all impressed.

Fully agree.

This amazing thing for subscribers is really only offering a way for players to avoid the majority of the game. Cutting out the planet quests, only the expansion for the most part is planet quest with one class quest. So the great perk is almost the opposite to what will be on offer in the expansion. Hardly seems worth the delay or anything special for the majority of subscribers other than an way to skip content.

I'm honestly having a tough time thinking of any alternative bonus that would make the 16 AC's players happy in this situation that would compare to the statue.

Reset those 16 AC's to level 1 so they can fully enjoy the 12x exp gain over and over and over and over and over and over.

I agree that the Hutt Statue is the most useful thing I use as well. I'm honestly having a tough time thinking of any alternative bonus that would make the 16 AC's players happy in this situation that would compare to the statue.

Edit: for clarity

For me a unique looking repair driod, or stim vendor would be cool. I also think one of those post healing graphics would be nice as well. Something along these lines.

Subscriber since launch and this is great for me. Only 6/8 ACs and since I level so slowly even in 2x xp I tend to forget what's going on in the class story since I have to do so many side things. Now my level 39 Merc (well 52 now) and 11 Maurader (with 450 synthweaving) get some focused play time where I can focus on the class story. I may repeat some others that I did 2+ years ago and don't really remember without having to suffer all the distractions.

Also your also giving up all the credits you can make speed leveling.

Given how much training skills cost I think it evens out, the money all those "side quests" I'm skipping would have jst went to pay for the skills i would have had to pay for, and some of those skills were in the 20-30k range...

The Revan staute will never even get used by most of the gamers because the only spot you can place it costs so much credits to unlock.

Tatooine stronghold has at least four centerpiece slots... all "outside" so no unlocks for them.

Oh and as far as i understand, in 3.0 you automatically get new skills as you level so the holo trainers will now just be something to plunk down for people to look at during afk breaks and showing off on the fleet.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Yaaaaas I am so glad they did this! It gives me a chance to experience all of the class stories without having to do the tedious side quests. This means I can focus on the wonderfully crafted storylines and level to 55 (hopefully with all 8 classes) by the time the expansion is released! This is an awesome incentive for new players to join the game and subscribe as well as for old players to return to the game. If you're already at 55 and have every single class at 55 already then I'm not sure what else you wanted since there's nothing new for you anyways until the expansion.

I'm being completely serious, if that is what it is then color me extremely disappointed.

I hate to be 'one of those guys', but I would really like to see an official confirmation that this is in fact the 'cool thing for subscribers', because I'm really not at all impressed.

Not sure why you think you're entitled to some sort of "official confirmation" as they have already announced the subscriber perks.....so you've already received confirmation of all the subscriber perks. If you're talking about what in particular caused the 1 week delay in the announcement, I'm not really sure why it would be necessary for them to inform you of which subscriber perk caused the delay, but it's pretty obvious that would be the class mission XP boost/power-level thing, as others have pointed out. That goes into place as soon as someone pre-orders so they wouldn't have been able to announce the pre-orders without having that capability up and running in the game. The simplest answer is usually the correct one.

Edited by JimG

Fully agree.

This amazing thing for subscribers is really only offering a way for players to avoid the majority of the game. Cutting out the planet quests, only the expansion for the most part is planet quest with one class quest. So the great perk is almost the opposite to what will be on offer in the expansion. Hardly seems worth the delay or anything special for the majority of subscribers other than an way to skip content.

Boost is only until December 1st.

And many, many, many people have the planet quests/FPs memorized to the point they just space bar through it all. This way people can get the 8/8 classes done and ready for 3.0 expansion, when the boost ends and we have to go back to the planet quest lines again.

Still can't remember what my Agent is doing on Balmorra class-wise, but I can tell you she's running that stupid, ambitious mission for that one Imperial who likes to hear explosions and Darth Whats-her-face that the males can have fun with. Maybe now I can go back and actually remember what all she's doing instead of getting super-sidetracked by the planet quest every faction side does.