12x Xp for Sub as a pre-order perk is useless.

Lt-Snake

If you've already got all 16 to 55, just think of it as a free character transfer to a new server. I'm probably going to try out some other servers with this. Try out a new race (if you haven't done them all).

If you have a favorite class story, roll that character on a new server and experience it again...in a fraction of the time. Cut out all of the repetitive stuff, just focus on the class story.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then don't pre-order.......I don't want to hear all the QQ'n come December 2nd when you can't play during early access either (that's actually the best perk)!

there's no reason for ppl who aren't thrilled about the XP boost to pre-order now, but will still pre-order before nov 2nd for early access{ which you clary didn't care to read}..and beside a discount for pre-ordering the xpac for sub would've been universally well receive along with the xp boost for xp lovers. they gave us a sub discount for pre-ordering ROTHC back when it was announce, why not do the same for this one {SOR} as well:confused::confused:

What's the point of 12x Xp as a sub if you already got all 16AC at lvl 55, if this is why the announcement was delayed then I'm disappointed, becuz they should've added something else in there for subs not just a Xp buff for leveling alts.. They are hundreds if not thousand of players with all 16ac already.. I'm not gonna preorder the xpac until the last minute for early access. Or until they announce something more substantial for subs other than the Xp buff.. Which only benifit people who have yet to play some of the other classes to lvl cap.

I suspect the vast majority of playrs in SW:TOR have a character or two they'd like to level

Sometimes I feel like people were dropped on their heads as children.

Being useless to YOU does not make it useless. Just because you have all 16 advanced classes at 55 doesn't mean everybody else does.

Wheelchairs are useless to me because both of my legs work. This does not make wheelchairs useless.

I wasn't sure I was going to pre-order the expansion, seeing as I haven't even finished the existing Operations. When I saw this bonus, I couldn't give them my money fast enough. I think the OP is simply out of touch - I've got quite a few class stories still to get through.

My point still stands. You can't make the perk something that encourages players to spend more money when they are already spending money to get the perk in the first place. They could give a cartel coin grant for purchasing if that would make you happy. Say, 2000 CC instead of the XP. I think most players would spend 2000 CC for 12x XP boosts for 2 months.

EA is already painted as the greediest company on the planet. They would never survive encouraging people to spend more money after they spend $20 to preorder the expansion.

Like anything else, that all depends on your point of view. Players are not paying for the opportunity of spending more money via the CM - they are paying the $20 for the content contained in the expansion. Having a perk of pre-ordering being a discount in the CM doesn't necessarily encourage players to spend more money - those who are inclined to spend the money will do so regardless (in this case they won't have to spend as much money as a bonus). Those who are not inclined to spend the money will still not spend it (hence giving a choice on which perk they would prefer).

This would really be no different than a Themepark offering Season Pass holders a discount on food and merchandise in the park as a perk of being a Season Pass holder. Most people are going to spend money on those things regardless, so why not have those savings available as a perk of the cost of the pass. Those who are not going to spend money on those things generally will not regardless of the perk (unless it's a really deep discount).

Like anything else, that all depends on your point of view. Players are not paying for the opportunity of spending more money via the CM - they are paying the $20 for the content contained in the expansion. Having a perk of pre-ordering being a discount in the CM doesn't necessarily encourage players to spend more money - those who are inclined to spend the money will do so regardless (in this case they won't have to spend as much money as a bonus). Those who are not inclined to spend the money will still not spend it (hence giving a choice on which perk they would prefer).

This would really be no different than a Themepark offering Season Pass holders a discount on food and merchandise in the park as a perk of being a Season Pass holder. Most people are going to spend money on those things regardless, so why not have those savings available as a perk of the cost of the pass. Those who are not going to spend money on those things generally will not regardless of the perk (unless it's a really deep discount).

The ONLY way to take advantage of the perk is to pay money. That is the issue. Your themepark example is somewhat valid, although I would say that food/drink is a necessary expense over the course of a day so almost everyone would get value. If it were only on something like souvenirs it would be equivilant. And I would say the same thing, that the theme park is only attempting to generate more revenue under the guise of a "perk".

What's the point of 12x Xp as a sub if you already got all 16AC at lvl 55, if this is why the announcement was delayed then I'm disappointed, becuz they should've added something else in there for subs not just a Xp buff for leveling alts.. They are hundreds if not thousand of players with all 16ac already.. I'm not gonna preorder the xpac until the last minute for early access. Or until they announce something more substantial for subs other than the Xp buff.. Which only benifit people who have yet to play some of the other classes to lvl cap.

There is no point. However, a player like myself who has really only leveled 2 55s (all pub side) this is great. I actually resubbed today and will be rolling an IMP toon. I get to experience the class story and rush a toon to endgame.

I personally think the 12x is part of a beta test,it might only be for a few weeks, but what if when 3.0 drops, it is re-introduced as say 5x?one of the side benifits is they could(not saying they will) drop some of the lesser side planet storylines or missons.It would reduce the strain on the servers and such.yes I know their would be a lot of complaining.

but look at Macb, they lowered the mobs, and it got better,It used to be tougher to get to TC for the op than the op it self.

And I would say the same thing, that the theme park is only attempting to generate more revenue under the guise of a "perk".

Which is, and has been a standard business practice, for many years. That's pretty much what any "sale" in any type of business is. A perk to try to get someone into the doors to spend more money, or to spend money they ordinarily would not have. Nothing wrong with that - it keeps businesses in business.

I get to experience the class story and rush a toon to endgame.

Why does the term oxymoron come to my mind?

I personally think the 12x is part of a beta test,it might only be for a few weeks, but what if when 3.0 drops, it is re-introduced as say 5x?one of the side benifits is they could(not saying they will) drop some of the lesser side planet storylines or missons.It would reduce the strain on the servers and such.yes I know their would be a lot of complaining.

but look at Macb, they lowered the mobs, and it got better,It used to be tougher to get to TC for the op than the op it self.

I would cancel both of my subscriptions immediately. The number of missions in the game has little to do with stress on the servers, and is distinctly different than the amount of art assests that the game must render from moment to moment for each player.

Edited by TravelersWay

I've been here on and off since headstart and I don't have that many high level characters.

I got bored of running the same planet missions so this bonus XP was, pretty much, my main reason for pre ordering it.

Which is, and has been a standard business practice, for many years. That's pretty much what any "sale" in any type of business is. A perk to try to get someone into the doors to spend more money, or to spend money they ordinarily would not have. Nothing wrong with that - it keeps businesses in business.

It has everything to do with semantics. Retail is a difficult comparison to make because people are specifically going to a store to purchase items. I'm playing the game for enjoyment, so I expect the perks to enhance that enjoyment. I have no issue with BW offering discounts on hypercrates to encourage players to spend more money than they otherwise would have on packs, because those players were already interested in buying packs. I'm ok with subs getting free Cartel Coins because there is no NEED to spend money on items even though you could potentially spend money to supplement those CCs and get something more expensive.

Regardless of your views or my views, the player base as a whole would riot if BW made the perk a CM discount.

Useless to all? No.

Useless to you? Apparently so.

I'm sure there's plenty of people, like yourself, who have leveled all the classes. Many of us have not. I'm sure their metrics show that many players have alts sitting out there at varying levels, and they figured this would be one way to help those folks out. I, for one, have been a continuous subscriber since launch, but I have a life outside this game, and have not yet leveled all my alts or seen all the stories. Not to mention, one of the biggest complaints in these here forums has, for a long time, been having to replay the same faction and planet missions over and over again while leveling alts where you just want to see the class stories, or replay class stories while making different choices.

Bottom line is, if this perk doesn't entice you to pre-order the expansion, then don't. For many others, it's a nice bonus.

Normally, it would. However, thanks to the 12x perk, both are simultaneously possible. One can experience the class story, and doing so rushes you towards the level cap.

Seems to me, at least in my experience, rushing doesn't lend itself very well to having a truly great experience. Especially when one takes the spacebar option.;)

It has everything to do with semantics. Retail is a difficult comparison to make because people are specifically going to a store to purchase items. I'm playing the game for enjoyment, so I expect the perks to enhance that enjoyment. I have no issue with BW offering discounts on hypercrates to encourage players to spend more money than they otherwise would have on packs, because those players were already interested in buying packs. I'm ok with subs getting free Cartel Coins because there is no NEED to spend money on items even though you could potentially spend money to supplement those CCs and get something more expensive.

Regardless of your views or my views, the player base as a whole would riot if BW made the perk a CM discount.

True, people are going to a store to purchase items - but sales often encourage purchasing more than they would have. You, like the rest of us (hopefully), are playing this game for enjoyment - but we are also paying for that priviledge a la the subscription fee. Many of the perks that enhance our enjoyment of the game are directly because of that subscription fee. On top of that, the majority of the CM income comes from the subscriber base - and that means "we" are spending above and beyond that CC grant perk that our subscription provides. It would seem to me that while yes, a segment of the playerbase would be up in arms about a CM discount perk (for one or two reasons beyond what you would predict), the majority would welcome being able to save some dough on the bling that they are purchasing already, much like there are many welcoming this bonus XP perk that they are, in essence, paying for (and has in the past been offered for free in a slightly different form). Again, the overwhelming success of the previous flash sales would indicate that "we" really have no problem with paying to get a deep discount perk.

Edited by TravelersWay

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.