QUESTIONS - Shadow of Revan - PTS version

Minisep

so is not started right now :cool:

Invites will start being sent eventually. Hold on to your mails everyone.

Force willing, if you're selected...

Your number #1 priority is spilling the goods.

If not, we'll make sure the spirit of Marka Ragnos himself will haunt you for all eternity. :mad:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Similar to Rise, we will be hand selecting some groups of players and then we will also be inviting players randomly to fill out the ranks.

So this is where I start jumping up and down and waving my arms around, while shouting "Pick me! Pick me!" ? :p

Absolutely! From both the random and hand selection we will make sure to cover every type of player. Very casual, hardcore PvP, progression Ops, etc.

-eric

And probably most importantly, they probably don't want to select swtor_minor.

I'd prefer an open beta but a closed beta means less of the general populace clears the content and gets bored before release or gains insider knowledge, so everyone is on an even footing more or less. It also lets you select testers you know will provide solid feedback rather than people who only want to clear the stuff. There will be bugs either way. Edited by Projawa

You misread. There will be a very short Beta, namely... The Early Access period.
A few days don't even count as a joke, no, there will be a pretty long beta, namely... the whole 3.0.

To be followed by 3.0a hotfix, 3.0.1 surprise nerf, 3.0.1a unscheduled maintenance, 3.0.1b mid-week exploit patch, 3.0.1c mission bug patch, 3.0.1d mission chain reset, 3.0.2 putting missing items on vendors and 3.0.2a making them work, but breaking others.

Promising 3.1 "as it was meant to be played", then 3.1.1 "as it was really meant to be played", but, to be optimistic, hopefully with 3.1.1f as it was meant to be played.

Edited by Heal-To-Full

Hey Minisep!

Let me answer your questions, and explain a bit about how PTS will work for Shadow or Revan.

1. There will be a PTS for Shadow of Revan. However, similar to Rise of the Hutt Cartel, this PTS will be on a closed server.
  2. This closed PTS server will be testing all of the expansion!

As a note, for Rise we also did a PTS which was open to the public which tested some of the 2.0 features. We will not be doing that this time around. The only testing that will happen for 3.0 will be on our Closed PTS server. One question I know that will be asked is how you get into that testing group. Similar to Rise, we will be hand selecting some groups of players and then we will also be inviting players randomly to fill out the ranks.

Thanks!

-eric

Just to be clear, I do not trust the people you invite to "test" the expansion in the closed PTS, if those people are the same ones that tested in previous "closed PTS sessions" then once it goes live we'll have to reports tons of broken stuff that would then be fixed in later patches, and that makes me wonder what those "Closed PTS" testers were doing back then...

Public PTS or bust.

Edited by yoomazir

Are you sure you cannot just drop the Discipline part on pts so we can test various builds. Add a level 60 booster there as well.

Great suggestion btw. I too would love to start testing new builds and point distributions to ensure it is the best it can be at launch

Does a french guild like Ufrog has a chance to be invited during this closed beta test of 3.0?

Seven stuck, zorz, ambassadors, Ufrog and so on... People of those guilds are playing Swtor since the beginning, it seems normal that all these team recieve an invitation for closed beta no ?

Can I assume you wont be selecting any PvP players seeing as there's no PvP content to try?

However, if you are asking about changes coming to PvP then the answer is a resounding yes. Disciplines by itself will entirely change the landscape of Classes in PvP in 3.0 and shortly after 3.0 we will begin Season 4 of ranked play. In addition, there are a host of other global combat changes which will be coming as a part of 3.0 which will directly impact PvP. As just one example we are changing how set bonuses work!

<snip?

-eric

Why exactly don't you want to have a PvP'er to test the changes to the PvP side? Not getting you on this one snave. Not saying its good or bad that there is no PvP content coming but 3.0 definetly needs PvP testers

Why exactly don't you want to have a PvP'er to test the changes to the PvP side?

It may have to do with the fact that most PvP'ers are -

- no name-calling -

- let's just say "not known for impartiality or objectivity".

For instance, right now you glossed over this post: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7713505&postcount=7 - saying "we will make sure to cover every type of player. Very casual, hardcore PvP, progression Ops, etc." - and went to cherry-pick a few words to base a wrong conclusion on, then ask a question based on this incorrect premise.

Please make sure to get a significant amount of French/German players into testing.....don´t want to see those stupid translations like ex.: "Furchtwirt"....also they are funny;-)

Yes, that's absolutely right ! A "Wirt" is usually an innkeeper, bartender or sometzing like that ! Or the creature / body that is used as food by parasite in the animal kingdom !

Does a french guild like Ufrog has a chance to be invited during this closed beta test of 3.0?

Seven stuck, zorz, ambassadors, Ufrog and so on... People of those guilds are playing Swtor since the beginning, it seems normal that all these team recieve an invitation for closed beta no ?

I don't see guilds being invited unless they specifically want the operations thoroughly tested. I see select individuals being selected from "progression" guilds and bioware giving them the resources they need to test with one another.

Would be fun that way.

Who knows though ;)

Absolutely! From both the random and hand selection we will make sure to cover every type of player. Very casual, hardcore PvP, progression Ops, etc.

-eric

HEY Eric! Can you please give an answer to all the people (including me) who are getting error codes while trying to get the preorder of the new expansion? I really want to get it but I cant, I keep getting error messages, I tried with my credit card and with a paypal account and Im still having throuble getting the preorder, I tried to contact the customer support and no answer from them.

Invites will start being sent eventually. Hold on to your mails everyone.

Force willing, if you're selected...

Your number #1 priority is spilling the goods.

If not, we'll make sure the spirit of Marka Ragnos himself will haunt you for all eternity. :mad:

30seconds with a proton trap would fix that curse

HEY Eric! Can you please give an answer to all the people (including me) who are getting error codes while trying to get the preorder of the new expansion? I really want to get it but I cant, I keep getting error messages, I tried with my credit card and with a paypal account and Im still having throuble getting the preorder, I tried to contact the customer support and no answer from them.

Are using a real computer it didn't work on my phone but when I tried on my laptop it worked fine.

-eric

So I won't be chosen, lol... I raid (and pvp) more than "casual" but not enough to be hardcore on either pve or pvp :p

It may have to do with the fact that most PvP'ers are -

- no name-calling -

- let's just say "not known for impartiality or objectivity".

For instance, right now you glossed over this post: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7713505&postcount=7 - saying "we will make sure to cover every type of player. Very casual, hardcore PvP, progression Ops, etc." - and went to cherry-pick a few words to base a wrong conclusion on, then ask a question based on this incorrect premise.

Not sure how to read your post but Eric did say that PvP'ers would be invited 37 minutes before snave asked about it. I just wonder if snave his post was 100% sarcasticly meant because there are no new maps in the planning or that snave maybe had another reason.

And tbh although I have many issues with some PvP'ers mentality and behaviour I think most of it comes in the rage of the moment. Not saying its good but I don't see any reason why a PvP'er couldn't be impartial when testing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.