So... Revan is the villain? Why?

Terin

I dunno; if anything, I would've envisioned our characters uniting *under* Revan's leadership, not fighting him! My Sith Assassin, for example, is a Revanite, and being a Hero of the Republic, I would expect my Jedi Guardian to follow in his footsteps. Having him as a villain just seems quite strange, to me.

What do you guys think? Think there will be a plot-twist in which we wind up siding with him in the end? Or perhaps the person leading this army is more of a figurative "Shadow of Revan", and is simply posing as him in order to rally the Revanites to his/her cause?

Either way, I'm quite interested to see how things play out. To be honest, this is exactly what I wanted out of The Old Republic from the very beginning, although I would have never dreamed he would be a villain :(

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revan is being controlled by the Sith Emperor.

I'm sure of it.

That or maybe Mickey Mouse. Perhaps Goofy.

There's no way Revan would want to destroy an entire planet or wipe out 97,8% of a civilization's population willingly. It's all just a misunderstanding.

He's a gallant Knight, in his shining armor. The kind of we don't even deserve but that's what we get.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Never believe anything until the proof is beside you.... Oh wait, that's just dumb!

If I remember correctly, before the first 'Star Wars, the Old Republic' game was released, the character of Revan began a civil war with the aim of changing the Jedi Order. This could be seen as an attempt to return to that goal, if Revan has recovered his memories.......

Edited by Lo_Pan

People just need to let go that we played as him in KOTOR. The character as we knew him is dead. Lets face it, he was a jedi who rebelled and then became a sith that rebelled and after a mind wipe became a jedi again who then was imprisoned for 300 years.... The guy has gone nuts...

It may have something to do with the fact that Revan is trying to tear down the Republic or Empire that your character has spent their whole career fighting for. You're not Revan's best bud and you never have been in this game.

People just need to let go that we played as him in KOTOR. The character as we knew him is dead. Lets face it, he was a jedi who rebelled and then became a sith that rebelled and after a mind wipe became a jedi again who then was imprisoned for 300 years.... The guy has gone nuts...

Some people just can't it would seem.

Right now, I'm having flashes of heated discussions shortly after the release of TSL, simply because people weren't able to separate their Revan from the one of the Mandalorian Wars and what not.

My Revan destroying an entire planet and killing countless Jedi, Republic soldiers and Mandalorians in the process? Never happened.

My Revan invading the Republic, after self-proclaiming itself Dark Lord of the Sith? Never happened.

And on and on...

Edited by Darth_Wicked

You're not Revan's best bud and you never have been in this game.

Lol right, i love how everyone is running around like they are childhood friends with Revan.

Revan hates you, he broke up with you and is now trying to key your pretty little souped up four wheel drive. :p

The dead should stay dead.

George Lucas killed Boba Fett, then they realized he was one of the most popular character in the franchise - and they revived him in books or comics. And it was horrible!

Then George Lucas killed Darth Maul and they had to realize that Maul was a very popular character. And they revived him from the dead in The Clone Wars. And it was horrible!

Now Revan...

...but there is hope. Revan wears a mask you can buy at the Cartel Market, so it could be everyone.

Edited by discbox

The dead should stay dead.

George Lucas killed Boba Fett, then they realized he was one of the most popular character in the franchise - and they revived him in books or comics. And it was horrible!

Then George Lucas killed Darth Maul and they had to realize that Maul was a very popular character. And they revived him from the dead in The Clone Wars. And it was horrible!

Now Revan...

...but there is hope. Revan wears a mask you can buy at the Cartel Market, so it could be everyone.

Revan was never sliced in half, nor did he fall into a Sarlacc.

Your post makes me want to dress up all my toons in that mask and run around yelling "He's not Revan, I am!"

Well, maybe not the BT4 female Twi'lleks ...

Spartacus reenactment, but with the name Revan instead? :D

I AM REVAN!

I AM REVAN! * goes the other *

I AM REVAN! * and another *

I AM REVAN! * and another *

(...)

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Well I have a few similar ideas for my characters. My main (Trooper Vanguard) Respects the story of Revan and will try to capture Revan so the Jedi can help him. If Revan proves too difficult to capture, then my Trooper will understand and put him down. Hopefully there will be a chance to save him but I would understand if there isnt.

he is Kronos, or revans story reminds me Kronos, copy paste. Revan is a cute character ingame, but his story reminds me that, so if thats it, IT IS NOT canon. And if they want to, they can also continue the thing after with a 3rd alliance, the revanites, considering Kronos story.

In mythology Kronos was with the empire, rebelled and turn against the emperor, went with the bad races (Sirius A system, it rings a bell?) against empire, thats how the rebels created, they corrupted systems one after another, many followed him and he was captured twice, imprisoned the second time. One of his commanders took over after.... And today the rebel races celebrate him, but they made it look global celebration.

The day Saturday comes from Saturn (Kronos), Sabbaoth in jewish, etc... those races who went with the rebels celebrated him, also the carnival and Kroneans before they call it carnival (eating human flesh and become something like....animal)

Edited by Oyranos