12x Experience Boost-A slap in the face to people who had to level at launch.

JidaiDerriphan

I agree it is a complete slap in the face of those of us who spend over 200 hours leveling our toons to 55 and now seeing a flood of 55's being leveled in less than half the time. There was a time having multiple toons in the game meant you accomplished something. Showing off your legacy toon emotes is now going to be a complete joke since EVERYONE is going to have them for every character. The one's who are providing negative feedback to the OP are the the one's too lazy to have ever leveled a toon to lvl 55 and would have been content to replay their 2 or 3 mains for the remainder of their tour in the game. Bio needs to do something for those of us who actually spent the time to play this game.

This one cracks me up. Sorry to disappoint you, but I've already leveled 10 toons to 55 before this was introduced, and I've only been around for about a year, and had to take a couple of months off due to my health. Leveling toons isn't anything to be proud of, it's really easy, even w/out this boost. So, as far as I'm concerned, they did do what's best for me, a person who has actually spent time playing this game.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything you do in an online game is temporary. In fact one day the game will shut down and your character will be deleted and you will zero to show for anything you have done in game.

Therefore time spent before or time spent on gear is only relevant to the time you were playing and not the way it is today

Edited by kirorx

I was a little upset when SW:TOR introduced experience boosts and double experience weekends, this frustration grew to anger when they extended double experience weekends into a full blown week. Now I am completely outraged, who else remembers leveling up without sprint, without legacy experience bonuses, without experiences boost? They've taken all our hard work and said meh, anyone joining now can just download the game free and be 55 in a day. /unsubbed /uninstall .

Me: Hey Op, have a snickers.

OP: Why?

Me: 'Cuz you're not you when you're hungry.

:rak_01:

I have enough alts to absolutely love this and I've been here since beta.

I'm with you on this, I float between games, though I keep my subs active the entire time. I've been here since beta and have I believe 3 level capped toons and a bunch of middling alts. The boost is really helping because I get to bypass a bunch of the side missions I've done multiple times which have begun to feel like a grind.

Loved this game. Did not play for the last 12 months. Just returned because of that 12 x XP to enjoy the class stories of the classes which I don't know yet. Would love to have the XP boost longer around than until Revan. I definitively would prolong my current subscription I just renewed because of that boost! Bioware, please think about that. Thx.

I was a little upset when SW:TOR introduced experience boosts and double experience weekends, this frustration grew to anger when they extended double experience weekends into a full blown week. Now I am completely outraged, who else remembers leveling up without sprint, without legacy experience bonuses, without experiences boost? They've taken all our hard work and said meh, anyone joining now can just download the game free and be 55 in a day. /unsubbed /uninstall .

I remember and I love the 12x Experience Boost! ;)

as a beta-tester/subscriber from Launch till now i can say from my own opinion.

reaching 55 with the 12x boost for class missions (which is only limited to subscribers and will only last until december) is in no way a slap in the face of people who already have 55's, this gives me a chance to play another race/class other than my sith marauder and lvl it without having to do it the long way so i can get back to my main.

maybe you feel cheated but i dont, maybe it will give the new bloods a reason to stick around and help swtor?

Since launch people have been able to get from 1 to 50 in a matter of days (55 now since Makeb).

I don't know anyone that took weeks to level.

My first character took about a month to get to 50, but if you've already done the quests and/or don't care about the dialogue and such then you could do it in a few days if thats all you do other then sleep and eat, but take into consideration that some people including myself listen to the dialogue and play for a few hours a day instead of 12-16 hours a day.

My first character took about a month to get to 50, but if you've already done the quests and/or don't care about the dialogue and such then you could do it in a few days if thats all you do other then sleep and eat, but take into consideration that some people including myself listen to the dialogue and play for a few hours a day instead of 12-16 hours a day.

I said "I" don't know anyone that took weeks, I don't know you. About 20 of us started playing during headstart and nearly all of them were 50 by the time headstart was over. The rest just after headstart.

Although they did space bar through.

Levelling alts is faster, i've already seen the planet conversations, I don't need to see them again. Now it's a god send, I don;t have to touch planet missions at all, some of them are boring as hell.

I said "I" don't know anyone that took weeks, I don't know you. About 20 of us started playing during headstart and nearly all of them were 50 by the time headstart was over. The rest just after headstart.

Although they did space bar through.

Levelling alts is faster, i've already seen the planet conversations, I don't need to see them again. Now it's a god send, I don;t have to touch planet missions at all, some of them are boring as hell.

I'm sorry but I didn't subscribe to the race to endgame and a week later complain that there isn't enough of it crowd. I wanted to experience as much of the story as I could with my first character and it took me over a month as well. My first char on the other faction took nearly as long. Even with later chars I didn't just space bar through all of it as I enjoyed experiencing different decisions with different voiceactors.

leveling up without sprint? I remember that it was not a big deal you only got it a few levels later.

meanwhile, as a guy who has played since early access starting out on my parents s****y dual core laptop that was only meant to handle skype at the most, I can safely say I am not enraged at all. Because we still have the same level of access to all of those things as well and we can take advantage too. I had to level through launch with a horrible laptop that had extremely low processing speed and lag. I should be the one complaining, but I am not. You know why? CAUSE ITS NOT A BIG DEAL. It would be a big deal if only new players could use the XP boosts, but no we have equal access, so I do not see what the problem is.

Edited by Sangrar

What about leveling up in text based "MMOs" on dial up? You are cheating that experience.

Sure, people can level fast now, but if they are new, they will miss a lot of content: FPs, planetary quests, slow progress and building of a character.

I think this boost is a great gift for veterans who already have few 55's, have seen all, or most, of the content, and are too tired to level up more characters. I already finished all storylines, but I always wanted to have all Advanced Classes on 55, but was too lazy to level them up. Also the opportunity to repeat my favorite Class Stories without any leveling issues is just amazing.

I love it.

Edited by Apophis_

Sure, people can level fast now, but if they are new, they will miss a lot of content: FPs, planetary quests, slow progress and building of a character.

People aren't forced to ignore all the other stuff, i mean i did a FP earlier even though i have 12xXP, it just gives people more options.