Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Galactic Alliance vs Phantom Hegemony

Beniboybling

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also one thing, after the space battle and all that...

How many ground troops/vehicles are we looking at for both sides?

If we are talking boarding parties I would argue that, as I did before, the Hegemony would only need to dedicate 10% of its force to space to act as effective boarding parties (i.e. 546 droids).

Though I suspect an additional 5% for defense might have been lost also.

And in terms of Carbonite War Droids, I'd argue no more than 4 or 5 at most. Most would have been on the Malevolence.

All in all, I'd make the general argument that Lumiya would not be wasteful.

P.S. I suspect that the Alliance has lost most if not all of SpaceOps however.

Edited by Beniboybling

If we are talking boarding parties I would argue that, as I did before, the Hegemony would only need to dedicate 10% of its force to space to act as effective boarding parties (i.e. 546 droids).

Though I suspect an additional 5% for defense might have been lost also.

And in terms of Carbonite War Droids, I'd argue no more than 4 or 5 at most. Most would have been on the Malevolence.

All in all, I'd make the general argument that Lumiya would not be wasteful.

P.S. I suspect that the Alliance has lost most if not all of SpaceOps however.

I'm talking about overall since they took heavy losses on both sides and don't have that many cruisers to field ground troops/vehicles and the like.

Eh the SpaceOps wouldn't be suited great for ground battles anyway, or...well they could since they are trained as a SpecForce Trooper which is what all SpecForce goes through before going into specialization...but they wouldn't be as effective as Pathfinders or Wilderness Fighters.

Eh still even if some survive, they'd probably be used as more a reserve force or for stronger base defense.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Yeah, Wolf, the SpecForce guys won't be bringing their artillery along. But they do have AT-TEs and their main cannons, which are much better than your average artillery piece.

And on the topic of vehicles, my Jawa minions managed to deliver Garm Bel Iblis' Gargantuan Battle Platform. Unfortunately, I was unable to pay them, so they took their payment out on the weapons. Still, you've got a neat shielded transport unit.

Would you mind putting whichever one I'm in first?

I want to get as many brackets out of the way before 3.0 drops, and Revan suddenly becomes pretty OP and the *****torm makes its way to the Kaggath :p

But if we do wait, I could say that Revan tries to resurrect the Sith Emperor, who then kills him. Republic Reborn insta-loses. :D

Yeah, Wolf, the SpecForce guys won't be bringing their artillery along. But they do have AT-TEs and their main cannons, which are much better than your average artillery piece.

And on the topic of vehicles, my Jawa minions managed to deliver Garm Bel Iblis' Gargantuan Battle Platform. Unfortunately, I was unable to pay them, so they took their payment out on the weapons. Still, you've got a neat shielded transport unit.

Mmmk.

So what ground forces are left after the space battle?

Oh.....alright then, forget that point.

Also I dont think the Spec Force guys were getting their proper due there. Remember that one of the primary things they piloted when doing repulsor vehicles was the ever popular ULAV's which were used for early training for walker pilots. The controls and feel of the ULAV thus were similar to the Walkers since bassically pilots could move from one to another. After all chewie had 0 issue piloting and accurately aiming a Walker.

Also I dont think the Spec Force guys were getting their proper due there. Remember that one of the primary things they piloted when doing repulsor vehicles was the ever popular ULAV's which were used for early training for walker pilots. The controls and feel of the ULAV thus were similar to the Walkers since bassically pilots could move from one to another. After all chewie had 0 issue piloting and accurately aiming a Walker.

Eh never said that they couldn't pilot them, just that they wouldn't be able to pilot them as well as Imperial Army Pilots would be able to, since they were trained on actual walkers. Although considering said Beni gets the appropriate pilots to said vehicles, it's a moot point anyway.

But I'm not seeing anything about the controls of a ULAV being similar to a Walker. You meaning a different thing?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

90% of the B2s, 100% of the Storm Commandos, no Rebel SpaceOps, 90% of the Carbonite War Droids.

That seems rather high considering the destruction of both fleets and what is leftover. Unless they decided to cram everything onto the few ships remaining before everything went boom.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

That seems rather high considering the destruction of both fleets and what is leftover. Unless they decided to cram everything onto the few ships remaining before everything went boom.

Most of the ground forces were already on the ground. What was on the ships was merely a guard/boarding party force.

But if we do wait, I could say that Revan tries to resurrect the Sith Emperor, who then kills him. Republic Reborn insta-loses. :D

No outside help, but I can almost assure you that well see Revan smack Marr and Satele down like damn children, which'd be fun to use in a leadership battle :p

Most of the ground forces were already on the ground. What was on the ships was merely a guard/boarding party force.

Oh....:/ all this time in every matchup, I thought all forces were in space and then what was leftover just went to ground. .....Oops.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

No outside help, but I can almost assure you that well see Revan smack Marr and Satele down like damn children, which'd be fun to use in a leadership battle :p

Nah, I doubt that'll happen.

Besides, I'm fairly sure his power has intensified (his words, not mine), so your incarnation of Revan is different from this new, crazy incarnation.

Nah, I doubt that'll happen.

Besides, I'm fairly sure his power has intensified (his words, not mine), so your incarnation of Revan is different from this new, crazy incarnation.

He also says that he sees clearer and that he physically died, he's totally out of his mind.

I'm happy to ignore the entire expansion if that works for people though, I just want to say in advance that I'm not even going to dignify things like "He's crazy and wants genocide" because that's not the Revan we see.

Totally using his Fold space as an argument though :p.

He also says that he sees clearer and that he physically died, he's totally out of his mind.

I'm happy to ignore the entire expansion if that works for people though, I just want to say in advance that I'm not even going to dignify things like "He's crazy and wants genocide" because that's not the Revan we see.

Totally using his Fold space as an argument though :p.

I'd be happy to ignore TOR in general, but I'll settle of the expansion. :p

Alright so regards to this....

The GA have the range advantage due to the Mass Driver Cannons ontop of their AT-TEs, they also have the ground speed advantage thanks to the AT-STs and TX tanks.

Now the PH has the close quarters advantage thanks to the Octuptarra droid, it can fire in any direction and has no blind spot, so sneaking up on it isn't possible. The War Droid gives a pretty good defense with it's Blast Shield, although I could see SpecForce being able to surprise it before it is able to bring it's shield to bare for defense.

That being said, if the War Droids are with the Octuptaaras, that's not gonna be really possible before Specforce would be under fire. The AT-MPs would also be pretty devastating with it's missile payload on infantry groups.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

One thing I notice about the Hegemony forces is that they complement each other brilliantly.

The problem with this is is that you can't send single squads of units into a base if you need 4 squads to cover each other's weaknesses, the Carbonite droids weakness being covered by the 360 sensor of the tri droid etc.

The GA can send in an AT-TE with a like squad and cause damage, but the PH would have to send in One of each droid, some foot soldiers and larger vehicles, all to make sure there are no massive weaknesses.

Ord Mantell isn't a planet for large armies, so it seems to me that although Beni has covered his weaknesses, he's now created an army that must either over extend and send more units than should be needed, or risk a serious fatal flaw exposed in his army...

One thing I notice about the Hegemony forces is that they complement each other brilliantly.

The problem with this is is that you can't send single squads of units into a base if you need 4 squads to cover each other's weaknesses, the Carbonite droids weakness being covered by the 360 sensor of the tri droid etc.

The GA can send in an AT-TE with a like squad and cause damage, but the PH would have to send in One of each droid, some foot soldiers and larger vehicles, all to make sure there are no massive weaknesses.

Ord Mantell isn't a planet for large armies, so it seems to me that although Beni has covered his weaknesses, he's now created an army that must either over extend and send more units than should be needed, or risk a serious fatal flaw exposed in his army...

Very interesting point, Sel.

One thing I think should not be forgotten is that while the AT-ST's can not go everywhere, the places they can go can be aided by their bases artillery. They have some great sensors and could likely call in artillery strikes on enemies they encounter.

Alternatively, they could just send out some specops to act as look outs all across the terrain and do the same thing.

I also think that the point about this not being a planet for "large armies" should be expanded upon, since the 501st is not likely to line up and march in columns like CIS droids loved to. In multiple occasions they have been shown to go with the environment, except when exclusively ordered not to. *Krell!* Granted, I do not know which exact iteration Karadron will go for, just thought I would mention some of the universal stuff.

While I shouldn't pile on, I would like to point out that the Mass Driver Cannon on the AT-TE gives the GA a massive range advantage. As stated in the New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Technology, the main cannon has the range to destroy buildings, troop formations, and artillery before the enemy can react.

So that is an advantage if the AT-TE can get a good position.

While I shouldn't pile on, I would like to point out that the Mass Driver Cannon on the AT-TE gives the GA a massive range advantage. As stated in the New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Technology, the main cannon has the range to destroy buildings, troop formations, and artillery before the enemy can react.

So that is an advantage if the AT-TE can get a good position.

I was going to bring that up next anyways.

Though, there are plenty more AT-ST's to use for things other than calling in artillery... Perhaps they could be assigned to safe guard the AT-TE's that are out using their mass drivers.

Perhaps have the TX-130T Fighter Tank's act as skirmishers...

Edited by Silenceo