Bye Bye skill trees

maverickmatt

End? No.

They will still be able to spec similar talents they run now. The only real difference is not needing to waste points in a particular tree to get the "good" stuff.

On a side note, I think this might make matchmaking, or lack thereof, pointless. I don't see how you can pigeon hole anyone into a role by points in the new system.

Come on L, you are smarter than that. Not every talent and utility is going to be free for grabs! Certain things will be, certain things would not be. The whole point of the argument they were making is to forbid crazy combinations. It is a very good idea to wait and see what they have in store with the new system.

Edited by znihilist

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on L, you are smarter than that. Not every talent and utility is going to be free for grabs! Certain things will be, certain things would not be. The whole point of the argument they were making is to forbid crazy combinations. It is a very good idea to wait and see what they have in store with the new system.

This. Dark Maul will be gone because the maul buffs will only be available in Deception (assuming they exist at all). They won't be free for all utility abilities.

This seems both interesting, and full of potential. Can't wait to see what they do with this. I also hope they launch it on November 15th, just for old time's sake! :rak_03:

Also, all you people that think classes are going to have: Flashbang, bubble stun, 10k smash, pull ability, and healing trance....need to F'ing relax lol. Let the devs announce this stuff and we'll see where it goes. There are already like 10 threads of people smashing their forehead on the panic button. :rolleyes:

Edited by SOULCASTER

Ugh they did that exact thing with WoW a while back. And I hated them for it.

Took away so much personal choice and cookie cutting for situations..

my thoughts exactly.

I'll check it out but i'm not getting my hopes.

I just want to see how this pans out. Trying to get into the closed beta through channels, with a little luck I can maybe provide a service for the Shadow/Assassin community and share findings here.

That is.. if there isn't any NDA attached to it :(

Crossed fingers.

Not sure how it will all work yet... But if it's the same as WoW... It will suck... Way to go Bio...

Nice way to dumb down pvp even more... Once again they are pandering to the PVE community... Next they'll take away gear altogether for pvp and give us one generic set to pvp with...

Want to be a hybrid tank... Sure... Want to be a hybrid healer... Sure... So instead of 3 distinct class options... They make it one with some "seasoning"... Really, we will end up playing 8 only classes... Instead of 24 options... Ie instead of 3 skill trees per class... There is only 1 with a little discipline

Give us no new pvp content and only talk about how this is good for the PVE community and levelling in PVE...

All those PVE people b*tching, whinging about how hard pvp is after conquest was released... Have been listened too.. But not the pvp community... I know this was probably in development before that... But it seems they win again... Guess this is Bios answer on how to increase the pvp community.. Make it heaps easier for the PVE crowd

They ruined lvl 55 with Bolster... Especially Ranked... This will only drive the more dedicated pvp players away even more

RIP swtor pvp...

This seems like a really bad idea to me, considering Bioware’s history of balancing classes in this game. I’ll hold my judgment until I can see the actual changes, but they take such a long time adjusting anything, in even a single class, let alone ALL of them, that I’m just worried it will take years until we see some semblance of pvp balance again.

Are the people who’ve been loyal to this game, taking the time to level up every class and learn the abilities of every spec, going to have to learn all the ins and outs all over again? Right now, I can only picture this huge change resulting in pushing people out of this constantly dwindling population of players. Maybe I’m just not getting it though...