PvP flagging broken?

Laurreth

Is it a general issue that recently a lot of people are running around places like Oricon without being flagged for PvP and even unable to flag themselves?

This is on Jar'kai Sword, one of the few remaining PvP servers, maybe it's an issue with the special ruleset?

Yes it's a bug confirmed on a community stream. You aren't required to flag yourself either if the game doesn't do it for you as long you don't somehow exploit it. Doing dailies on a pvp server unflagged on Oricon is not considered exploiting according to musco.

I'll never understand it either.

Open World PVP I generally tend to let extremely low level players pass and might even joke around a bit with them but if you're above 40 you're going down at least once and then you're free to walk away (and use this to motivate you to get to 55 to take me down in revenge) - this is war! Or at least I thought it was? :D

I've walked around Coruscant with no flag on a PvP server before. I've also seen someone apparently unflagged in a WZ, but they still did damage, got stunned, and (wasn't paying too much attention) died.

I've seen it, my impression was it was a display issue because those people could be attacked.

From my experience you can attack anyone of the opposite faction weather they are red or blue. The difference being if you or the other faction player has been in PVP combat recently you will be flagged as PVP and be red in the eyes of the other player. I think this was done to show who is hostile and who is just doing their dailies without provocation. I have been able to attack blue players which in turn flagged me as PVP and subsequently turn everyone I encounters red. I believe the longer you are out of combat you eventually turn to yellow then to blue again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.