Rip pvp

PlexiShard

This is just to inform the developers that for those who aren't pvp pro's it's not any fun at all to q for pvp to finish conquest points or just to try it out to be frozen out by pro pvp teams. in other words, why q? I know this thread will be insulted to the full by pvpers. But if we have no chance to perform at all in WZs there will be little to no new blood in the pvp games. it's basically a stun die fest out there. I'm sure it's extremely entertaining for those players to rape us, for the rest it's just game experience killing.

PlexiShard, what you are trying to do? Unranked?

There is certainly a steep learning curve, but it is plausible to find ways to contribute even as a new and under-geared player. In fact, the unranked PvP by far easier on a newb than the PvE content.

Trying logging in at different times, with a different faction if you have to, take a look at the gearing guides stickied here, and watch a few WZ videos to get a hang of what is going on.

Keep asking for directions in chat, and react to the situations and calls of the team mates.

Run with the pack.

Take stock of your abilities. Some, you have never used in levelling or PvE are lifesaving in PvP.

Lose gracefully. You will still get your dailies and points even with a loss.

Yes, a fully brutalized team will leave anyone in 180's on the floor, bleeding, but if you gear into 156s', fully augment, you stand a fighting chance. Then, gear accumulation is very fast, and the difference between easy to get Obroan and Brut is minimal. You will gear in less then a month.

And, your chances to get in a wake of a great team can be as high as your chances to pug against it. :)

Look, I went to PvP on like Level 52 because I did not have enough planetary comms 3 months ago. I since started a character who PvPs + Class Quests, and only now trying FPs. He just got to L31, the most painless & interesting run I had EVER.

PvP is great once you get a hang of it. :)

Edited by DomiSotto

This is just to inform the developers that for those who aren't pvp pro's it's not any fun at all to q for pvp to finish conquest points or just to try it out to be frozen out by pro pvp teams. in other words, why q? I know this thread will be insulted to the full by pvpers. But if we have no chance to perform at all in WZs there will be little to no new blood in the pvp games. it's basically a stun die fest out there. I'm sure it's extremely entertaining for those players to rape us, for the rest it's just game experience killing.

Start to pvp earlier than lvl 55 and it will be more fun... People who start PVPing in higher lvls will always end up getting owned by the pvpers who play it all the time...

Also to those PVE people who ruin pvp for "us"... Especially ranked

Ie don't listen to tactics... Are rude... Don't listen to advice on gear... Ie running with 180 Ops gear... Just afk in a corner to get their dailies done... Don't blame us pvp people for freezing you out of good teams or owning you...

If you start pvp at lvl 55 and not earlier you will be playing people who are better skilled and know the mechanics

We don't mind those pre 55 PVE people who "want" to learn and listen... We will gladly help you become better... But jump into 55 with no experience just to get you conquest points and you ruin pvp for us too... It's the equivalent of us joining your NM ops and not knowing the fights and having the wrong gear... You just vote to kick and we're gone... We have no viable option to do that properly in pvp

Learn the mechanics, other class abilities, tactics... And when to pop your cc break or defensive measures... A good player can work around the stuns because they know how to do this... Some times it's better to ride out the stun and pop your break after the second stun... Then you have resolve and can't get stunned again for a bit

Maybe you should ask Bio for a training ground or training pvp wz's for 55... Oh wait... That's what pre55 is for... And what Outlaws den is for...

Lastly don't use the "R**e" to describe what happens to to you... It is extremely offensive to all the female players and a lot of male players too

Wow, Bio already dumbed down pvp for noobs by introducing Bolster for lvl 55 and Ranked... Gear no longer matters because they did this... Let's nerf good players so it is more fair for the noobs... LoL

Lvl 55 is end game content for pvp people considering Bio won't implement anything better... If they dumb down lvl 55 anymore for all you PVE people they may as well get rid of pvp altogether

I know a fix... Remove conquest from pvp... Then don't pvp... Problem solved... LoL

After playing WOW all I can say is that the pvp in this game is very newb friendly, there is no CC, and class balance is amazing.

Honestly, as much as I love to hate on BW, they have actually done an amazing job with making pvp very accessible to new players compared to the competition (WOW, GW2, Terra, Wildstar, etc).

Edited by alexsamma

After playing WOW all I can say is that the pvp in this game is very newb friendly, there is no CC, and class balance is amazing.

Honestly, as much as I love to hate on BW, they have actually done an amazing job with making pvp very accessible to new players compared to the competition (WOW, GW2, Terra, Wildstar, etc).

Why yes, YES! NERF RESOLVE!

So i get an unranked arena pop the other day with a full PVE geared tank and 3 dps. I'm full min/max and the other 2 are at least full expertise. rd #1 we win....barely....my sorc and a merc vs 2 of them...merc is almost dead so i off heal him and he pew pews and they die. I think ok cool...we got this. Rd 2 dps# is ROFL stomped and PVE tank is dpsing. before i know it it's me v 4 and i'm screwed. Between rounds merc says hey why aren't you guard swapping. Best response ever: I guard whom i please. needless to say we got effed in the A again and commence the OMG *** WHYYYYYYY. long story short.... if you normally PVE and you are in PVP for conquest points and don't give a **** about PVP stay out of PVP. If you genuinely want to start PVPing and learning what you are doing come on in.... love to have you, but learn about what you are talking about before you claim that PVP is only about stun fests or this class too OP or OMG HAX. i don't come in to your NiM prog raid with rakata mods and complain that Brontes HAX ZOMG! how can be one shot?! :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.