How is solo ranked on the Bastion/the Harbinger?

Aristore

I tried out harbinger for a bit. Definitely has more people queuing for solo ranked and with the asian pacific players the queue keeps going till pretty early in the morning. I also liked how I got healers quite often in the solo queue. However, there are WAY more undergeared players in the queue. Lots of people without augments and stims as well, but those are less annoying. They at least have full expertise.

But ya, pretty much almost every match there was a pve geared player either on my team or the enemy team. I don't think I played a single match where both teams had fully geared players over 30k hp. The pops are definitely more consistent than POT5's though. Oh ya, and you rarely see queue syncers. Why did I go back to pot5 again? <_>

I tried out harbinger for a bit. Definitely has more people queuing for solo ranked and with the asian pacific players the queue keeps going till pretty early in the morning. I also liked how I got healers quite often in the solo queue. However, there are WAY more undergeared players in the queue. Lots of people without augments and stims as well, but those are less annoying. They at least have full expertise.

But ya, pretty much almost every match there was a pve geared player either on my team or the enemy team. I don't think I played a single match where both teams had fully geared players over 30k hp. The pops are definitely more consistent than POT5's though. Oh ya, and you rarely see queue syncers. Why did I go back to pot5 again? <_>

There's a good chance the other team has at least 1 PVE player on it as well. It's as fair as you could ask for, all things considered.

There's a good chance the other team has at least 1 PVE player on it as well. It's as fair as you could ask for, all things considered.

Meh this sounds awful to me actually. I get that there is a lot of RNG in solo ranked but when there are players so undergeared that they basically create a 3v4 situation, all skill is taken out of the queue.

A good player can compensate for a bad player with gear, but having "black hole" players queuing all the time means luck is an even more prevalent factor.

I was there, and it was definitely a populated server. Though I came to find out that in a queue based system of content (SWTOR), the West Coast Play time was a noticeable issue for someone like me (East Coast Player). The queues for me the few weeks I was there were kind of long from prime time East Coast. But yes they picked up from like 11pm Eastern and on...but I have a job...and stuff....so yeah. I can't stay up till 2am anymore just to get rateds in.

Just my experience anyway.

I just moved to Harbinger and am beyond impressed. I knew I'd get pops but I didn't think they'd be this entertaining, reminds me of season 1 on PoT5. The Solo ranked games are way more competitive/ fair than they currently are on PoT5. Raansu is over exaggerating the PvE gear issue, it's the same as it was on PoT5 as fear as PvE gear goes. If you want to see some live action solo ranked play I'll be playing tonight with another high rated Sorc Razinon. Peep his stream and see for yourself http://www.twitch.tv/razinon, I guarentee its worth the money to transfer to harbinger though.

Meh this sounds awful to me actually. I get that there is a lot of RNG in solo ranked but when there are players so undergeared that they basically create a 3v4 situation, all skill is taken out of the queue.

A good player can compensate for a bad player with gear, but having "black hole" players queuing all the time means luck is an even more prevalent factor.

Happens on every server.

I think you confuse this game with a game that requires skill at all.

I just moved to Harbinger and am beyond impressed. I knew I'd get pops but I didn't think they'd be this entertaining, reminds me of season 1 on PoT5. The Solo ranked games are way more competitive/ fair than they currently are on PoT5. Raansu is over exaggerating the PvE gear issue, it's the same as it was on PoT5 as fear as PvE gear goes. If you want to see some live action solo ranked play I'll be playing tonight with another high rated Sorc Razinon. Peep his stream and see for yourself http://www.twitch.tv/razinon, I guarentee its worth the money to transfer to harbinger though.

Razinon, it's Psion/Fidelio from pot5... welcome to Harbinger. :)

And it kinda is bad for the amount of PvEers, in fact it's bad for grouped ranked as well. Ever since the conquests started, there have been so many ungeared people, it totally defeats the purpose of ranked. There are 4-man teams from a couple of guilds, in full PvE gear, that sometimes do 15-20 games a night, and they just let people farm them. :(

Ever since the conquests, solo and team rating mean squat. But what the server lacks in quality, it more than makes up in quantity.

edit: Well, I re-read that and you are playing with Razinon. Say hi. :)

Edited by Monterone

Let me know how it goes...

I'm also on POT5 and would love some more active solo Qs!

So far I am suuuuuuuuuuuper disappointed in the Harbinger for solo ranked.

I've queued two nights in a row and am yet to get a single pop.

Not a single pop.

On pot5 you might have to deal with premades and bad imps but at least you could play.

Idk if there's anywhere left to play

Not a single pop.

On pot5 you might have to deal with premades and bad imps but at least you could play.

That's interesting.

I've been trying to Q in POT5 all night and not a single pop. I was trying to get it going and Mustacho /w me that everyone moved to harbinger.

Said that a lot of ppl from Bastion did the same.

I would guess Harb would be getting plenty of solo Qs now.

Not a single pop.

I usually didnt start getting consistent pops till like way late. Usually close to 9-10pm. Granted it is a west coast server so it makes sense.

Not a single pop.

Well 1st off, I posted that the queue pops on harbinger are LATE (west coast late mind you). So as an east coast player, harbinger was not ideal. That's my opinion anyway.

2ndly, I have not gotten a solo rated queue pop on Pot5 now since everyone left to the harbinger.... :eek:

And it kinda is bad for the amount of PvEers, in fact it's bad for grouped ranked as well. Ever since the conquests started, there have been so many ungeared people, it totally defeats the purpose of ranked. There are 4-man teams from a couple of guilds, in full PvE gear, that sometimes do 15-20 games a night, and they just let people farm them. :(

@Underlined

I have heard this however I have not witnessed it. To be honest, I believe this is more of a false rumor than actual truth.. in most cases.

Maybe this was going on in preseason.. I haven't seen it in season 3 though.

Edited by Xeraz

Well 1st off, I posted that the queue pops on harbinger are LATE (west coast late mind you). So as an east coast player, harbinger was not ideal. That's my opinion anyway.

2ndly, I have not gotten a solo rated queue pop on Pot5 now since everyone left to the harbinger.... :eek:

Harbinger pops are later in the day, true. I should add that recently it seems the queues have slowed down A LOT. Solo Ranked is dying off on all servers at this point.

I'm gonna queue up now on Harb and I'll post what kind of results I get. It's 9:49 PST

Haven't gotten a pop yet. 10:27. I asked around to see why people weren't queuing. They said ranked pvp wasn't good for conquest. This is a PVE server through and through.

The dream of harbinger as the final refuge was apparently a lie.

Edited by Aristore

Haven't gotten a pop yet. 10:27. I asked around to see why people weren't queuing. They said ranked pvp wasn't good for conquest. This is a PVE server through and through.

The dream of harbinger as the final refuge was apparently a lie.

I don't know whats going but the pops were good this weekend. Then this Monday/Tuesday they just died all of the sudden. Not sure whats up.

Bastion is fine in the evenings and nights. Some nights it ends sooner than Id like but Im ok with the queue times, sometimes its almost insta pops, sometimes have to wait a few minutes, at peak times anything longer than 8 or so mins is quite rare.

I usually play about 5 games per evening weekdays and can even get around 15 in on weekend nights.

Theres also been a surprising absence of trolls and ungeared newbs lately too.

Edited by Z-ToXiN

I don't know whats going but the pops were good this weekend. Then this Monday/Tuesday they just died all of the sudden. Not sure whats up.

That's very common on the Harbinger, from my experience on that server over the year, it's most inactive days are Monday/Tuesday and it picks up Wednesday, peaks on Sunday and then drops on Mondays, typically; rinse and repeat. Some people might queue dodge because of the the Conquest players not caring about ranked and only want the conquest points. I think if you want more active queue's throughout the week, Bastion would be the place imo.

Hope it helps. :jawa_angel: