New 3.0 Talent Ideas for Mando/Mercs

toomanyluigis

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pls don't. This would ruin Merc heal off-dps and Merc dps off-heal, and there is no upside for it.

My answer is this

Classes with off heals should never be forced to off heal and healers should never be forced to off DPS, and it wouldnt ruin Merc Heals off DPS, the abilities that turn into heals would still be DPS attacks when you target an enemy... /slap

The upside is, we have a more unique way of healing (Shooting people to heal them!) and we would get a Channeled healing ability, something that ive wanted for a long time... and we retain our same healing, probably a bit more considering the heals would be Base Damage of Ability + Bonus Healing + Any Crits (Tech Crit would apply)

My answer is this

Classes with off heals should never be forced to off heal and healers should never be forced to off DPS, and it wouldnt ruin Merc Heals off DPS, the abilities that turn into heals would still be DPS attacks when you target an enemy... /slap

The upside is, we have a more unique way of healing (Shooting people to heal them!) and we would get a Channeled healing ability, something that ive wanted for a long time... and we retain our same healing, probably a bit more considering the heals would be Base Damage of Ability + Bonus Healing + Any Crits (Tech Crit would apply)

DPS and Healing abilities sharing cooldown DOES ruin off-dps, and apperently you don't do Nim ops where healers need to off-dps sometimes and don't PVP either where DPS off-heal is part of their survivability.

DPS and Healing abilities sharing cooldown DOES ruin off-dps, and apperently you don't do Nim ops where healers need to off-dps sometimes and don't PVP either where DPS off-heal is part of their survivability.

I PvP, but i dont play the classes with off heals, i play the MUCH superior Pyro PT. And, if you need to have the healers off DPS in NiM Ops, your DPS must suck, or your tanks arent putting out enough. Healers should not have to deal any DPS in an operation at all...

I PvP, but i dont play the classes with off heals, i play the MUCH superior Pyro PT. And, if you need to have the healers off DPS in NiM Ops, your DPS must suck, or your tanks arent putting out enough. Healers should not have to deal any DPS in an operation at all...

Ask all the world first contender progression guild's healers if they off-dps in a nightmare ops. I'll be waiting...

So the only two guilds who killed 16 NiM Council while it was buffed didn't get 500-700K damage from their healers.

Do much NiM operations?

I'm going to hastily assume that, considering they gave sorcs a moving cast thundering blast, we're either going to get a moving grav round or a moving full auto.

I heared about a new "Blazing Shots" ability in the dev stream for Arsenal, and Musco was excited that he could move while channeling that so, it may be an entire new skill that gets this.

I heared about a new "Blazing Shots" ability in the dev stream for Arsenal, and Musco was excited that he could move while channeling that so, it may be an entire new skill that gets this.

Yes and that skill is the Unload replacement for Arsenal

Looking forward to seeing the detailed breakdown for Commando/Merc Disciplines and perks. FA/Unload on the move will be awful nice, and I expect to see Medical Probe/Rapid Scan for a mobile heal on that perk as well. Interrupt protection on bubble for everyone as a perk? Enhanced Tech Override for all? Energy Rebounder available to every spec?

It's tough to be optimistic but damn if I'm not leaning that way.

Yes and that skill is the Unload replacement for Arsenal
I have no idea about sorcs, would it be safe to assume Unload along with its Arsenal equivalent would both benefit from on-move Utili perk based on skills they picked fro sorc Desciplines? Or were the sorcs ones completly different (not equivalents)?

I have no idea about sorcs, would it be safe to assume Unload along with its Arsenal equivalent would both benefit from on-move Utili perk based on skills they picked fro sorc Desciplines? Or were the sorcs ones completly different (not equivalents)?

I'm not sure about Unload, but this new "Blazing Shots" Skill is more than likely going to have this talentable trait. I really want an on the move cast for Power Shot for Pyro IMO Or a 0 Cast Time on Power Shot for pyro.

I'm not sure about Unload, but this new "Blazing Shots" Skill is more than likely going to have this talentable trait. I really want an on the move cast for Power Shot for Pyro IMO Or a 0 Cast Time on Power Shot for pyro.

It's just an assumption but I really doubt they'd make a spammable attack mobile, it's far more likely that Pyro will get a new ability with a cast time and they make that mobile.

I can see a fairly frequent proc' making PShot and/or Tracer Missile mobile, or even more instant-casts granted under same and/or in certain situations --taking damage building stacks ---> full stack = next [X] PShot/TM instant or mobile, for instance-- than what Power Surge gives now, but...

Those can be some pretty hard-hitting spam attacks (my ilvl 180/aug'ed Arsen's Tracers can crit for 6+ k HP, and do frequently), we wouldn't want to be OP.

(Mind you, they did say that set boni are going to be changing, but they still haven't said which (or confirmed that it's all of them or not, nor yet how.))

Which compels the question:

Will Barrage/Curtain of Fire be changing? I would like it if it proc'ed off more than effectively a single ability at all times, myself; Mix it up, add some dynamism to the class/spec, ya know.

Edited by midianlord

It also procs off Power Shot.

Yeah, I know, that's why I said "effectively." What Arsen uses Power Shots?

When I still had a non-zero amount of ****s to give about PvP, I'd occasionally fake-cast a PShot to try and trick an opponent into blowing their interrupt --this even worked sometimes. I'd also use it if TM had alreay been interrupted, but never anywhere else, or since.

Ever do Nightmare Bestia? Nightmare dread council?

The healers are off-dpsing because they dont need to heal because the damage going out isn't that bad. We've solo healed HM Bestia before, and if it weren't for the 3 monsters at the start we'd solo-heal NiM Bestia too. To be fair though, we've only downed NiM Bestia twice, but both times the healers were DPSing quite a bit for the final burn (Bestia + 1 monster), and it was still a few seconds into the enrage when she died.

This is with all 4 DPS doing >3k dps too (me on 3.6k :D)

EDIT - Lol the entire previous page didn't show up till I posted this. Oh well, at least everyone else has proven healers need to DPS even with the best DPS in the world (dont look at me)

Edited by TACeMossie

I want RailShot to proc the "Terminate" ability that some NPCs have in execution-range as class-native.

Just...'cuz.

Because Mercs should finally get an ability that gets people to un-sub, don't you think?

Mercs had the unholy Unsub power at or around 1.1

Their time has passed.

NOW COME THE DAYS OF THE KING (sorc. King Sorc).

As a Merc/Mando healer, I would love to see a talent that reduced the cooldown on Thermal Sensor Override. It has never made sense to me that it is on just as long a cooldown as Vent Heat when it is far less powerful. A reduction of 30s would do a fair amount for managing heat, in my opinion.

What is clear is the 2 new abilites will be rotational. 1 will replace something we already have. The other will be an entirely new 1. I hope the new 1 for arsenal will interact with railshot in some way. Cause railshot is lackluster in arsenal Edited by Petvin

what is clear is the 2 new abilites will be rotational. 1 will replace something we already have. The other will be an entirely new 1. I hope the new 1 for arsenal will interact with railshot in some way. cause railshot is lackluster in arsenal

lol :D

Edited by cs_zoltan