Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Not enough incentive to win?

Kricys

What do ya think about boosting the commendations for winning a bit?

Here are two hutball matches I played, one my team got stomped against a semi premade, the other we dominated. I put up just about the same numbers in each. Pretty much as long as i do a ton of damage ( which i do every game) I get roughly the same commendations.

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff435/Swsss/Screenshot_2011-12-23_22_39_42_438733.jpg

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff435/Swsss/Screenshot_2011-12-23_17_06_34_642496.jpg

Edited by Kricys

Oh dang, did not know that. I'm going to be a straight slayer now. And you do craploads of damage. Holy mother... Maybe it's because half my skills don't come out. -_- That skill lag. Edited by GemG

Oh dang, did not know that. I'm going to be a straight slayer now. And you do craploads of damage. Holy mother... Maybe it's because half my skills don't come out. -_- That skill lag.

Welcome to Marauder at 50 lol. 389k in the attacking/defending warzone is the highest i've gotten.

Hey don't ruin a good thing, playing Objective Wars would be boring as hell. I PvP to kill, I don't care what warzone I'm in and I never want to care especially since I can't queue a full premade.

More incentive to win wouldn't fix fail pugs anyways so lets just keep it this way where I can win even if I lose.

Edited by ShottyTheShotgun

Hey don't ruin a good thing, playing Objective Wars would be boring as hell. I PvP to kill, I don't care what warzone I'm in and I never want to care especially since I can't queue a full premade.

More incentive to win wouldn't fix fail pugs anyways so lets just keep it this way where I can win even if I lose.

I'm not saying lower the coms for losing. Just give wins a bit of a boost, maybe 50 coms just for winning.

I can go for 0 objectives and get all my medals from kills. Still get 80 coms.

Edited by Kricys

Why can't you play how it's intended to be played? For the sake of everyone.

Noone goes into a Flashpoint as a healer and starts pulling huge groups of mobs because they like it, and do not care about the real objectives because it´s boring.

They would get thrown the heck out, and they should.

You are destroying gameplay for others when you do it "your way". I think its egoistic.

You can kill people and still try to help out.

/Bird

Why can't you play how it's intended to be played? For the sake of everyone.

Noone goes into a Flashpoint as a healer and starts pulling huge groups of mobs because they like it, and do not care about the real objectives because it´s boring.

They would get thrown the heck out, and they should.

You are destroying gameplay for others when you do it "your way". I think its egoistic.

You can kill people and still try to help out.

/Bird

Your avatar makes me wanna pet you.

In the patch notes for the upcoming 1.01 patch, rewards for winning will be increased and rewards for losing will be decreased. Which is meh.... I don't really care either way.

Sidenote: Usually don't see a warr/knight do that much damage. Nice job. Your kind are typically only annoying, not necessarily lethal.

I'm not saying lower the coms for losing. Just give wins a bit of a boost, maybe 50 coms just for winning.

I can go for 0 objectives and get all my medals from kills. Still get 80 coms.

I didn't say you were saying to lower the coms for losing. The problem is too many PuGs never even attempt to learn how to kill, they think clicking on an objective = skill and they become useless in the end since I have to fend the enemies off for them and myself.

Right now there is plenty of incentive to learn how to kill, if you lose but kill a lot you often get higher rewards then the guy who wins but really didn't do anything but click forward/objective.

Currently the system is good, if they reward winners more/so it's just going to make the people who choose to not improve their game cry/pre-cry more (just like said other poster) because the only way they get coms is when others carry them.

Also for you fools, it's not about DPS it's about the total kills.

Edited by ShottyTheShotgun

Being able to actually pvp and get more comms than the winning team is hilarious. Stop caring about objectives so much and kill people, people.

http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/z359/Reeno2323/?action=view&current=Screenshot_2011-12-24_01_29_05_268904.jpg

Wow, very nice. I was wondering... My teammates HP bars cover my left quickslots. How did you move it? If it's not supposed to cover the quickslots, then my UI is being a little lamer than everyone else's. It's all for the aesthetic look...

Edited by GemG

What do ya think about boosting the commendations for winning a bit?

Here are two hutball matches I played, one my team got stomped against a semi premade, the other we dominated. I put up just about the same numbers in each. Pretty much as long as i do a ton of damage ( which i do every game) I get roughly the same commendations.

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff435/Swsss/Screenshot_2011-12-23_22_39_42_438733.jpg

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff435/Swsss/Screenshot_2011-12-23_17_06_34_642496.jpg

well how it is now but for winning you should get about 40% more of what you would get now for winning meaning exp comidation and credits but and i mean but because it wouldnt work how the pvp system is now as the lvl 50's would just take advantage of the situation and exploit it.

Wow, very nice. I was wondering... My teammates HP bars cover my left quickslots. How did you move it? If it's not supposed to cover the quickslots, then my UI is being a little lamer than everyone else's. It's all for the aesthetic look...

You can right click the tab on top of the bars and unlock it. Then ya can drag it and re-lock it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.