The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cel Cawdro's Ultimate "Community Desire for Species" Poll: REDUX

CelCawdro

1. Togruta

2. Iktotchi

3. Nautolan

Not a big fan of the Voss, they look too cartoonish for my taste. I really like the idea of having a nearly human pack of zeltron, echani, arkanian etc. But doing just one of those as a race would be wasteful imo.

Edited by rashadk

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, to really zero in on the species that would be received happily by the most of forum users who would reply, you need to run a parallel thread of the species you would never buy, and assign -3 to the top choice, -2 to the second, -1 to the third and then cross-reference your two lists. :)

You know, to really zero in on the species that would be received happily by the most of forum users who would reply, you need to run a parallel thread of the species you would never buy, and assign -3 to the top choice, -2 to the second, -1 to the third and then cross-reference your two lists. :)

To do so would be to breed negativity and invite people to bash each other, however. ;)

To do so would be to breed negativity and invite people to bash each other, however.

Fair enough. Just curious how many "I would never..." each "I would die to get it..." gets. People will manage to be negative even if you posted it's Friday... it's one of those weird internet things.

Fair enough. Just curious how many "I would never..." each "I would die to get it..." gets. People will manage to be negative even if you posted it's Friday... it's one of those weird internet things.

Odds are, it would simply be counterplay rather than any true measure. People see the top three and want their species to be on top? Vote those three down. We'd end up with everyone with the same amount of votes.

Hmm, maybe. Anyway, good poll, and too bad that the chances of seeing any new species is near zero. :)

Eh, I remain hopeful. BioWare has actually been pretty good about responding to the desires of the playerbase. They've just been very poor with communicating their intent and the direction of the game until the content is virtually complete. I don't expect regular new species, but I do expect them to come.

Not sure if my old vote is still present, but here's my vote as per current opinions:

1. Bothan
  2. Falleen
  3. Amaran

I WANT to be able to play bothan, especially now that they've added a character who is one. Not sure what I'll do about character slots, but I want to be able to get access to that species.

I, for one, would use any new species they created. I just wish they would make more character slots per server :( I have never been good with playing on multiple servers. I rolled a set of characters on a second server, but they are languishing. With strongholds, playing on multiple servers is even less appealing.

Eh, I remain hopeful. BioWare has actually been pretty good about responding to the desires of the playerbase. They've just been very poor with communicating their intent and the direction of the game until the content is virtually complete. I don't expect regular new species, but I do expect them to come.

Cool! So there is still hope for my Jawa JK Just give him/her a special skill. Knee cap for

triple damage.

I, for one, would use any new species they created. I just wish they would make more character slots per server I have never been good with playing on multiple servers. I rolled a set of characters on a second server, but they are languishing. With strongholds, playing on multiple servers is even less appealing.

I didn't even use all the available species. I don't have an Imp Zabrack (I don't like the red rimmed eyes), Miraluka (I don't like the eye-patches) and cyborg (I don't see the point). I did purchase Cathar, and used it for 1 character. I don't think I will buy the species I don't like to play, but I wouldn't mind variety in the player base. :) But, I am totally with you that moving to the other server is a pain, as building the Legacy is a huge undertaking, and stuff. :)

Edited by DomiSotto

I want to change my votes, is this allowed? If yes, should I edit my original, or just post a new one?

Quote your previous vote and substitute in the new one, if you wish.

Updated.

Togruta is, again, the first to break through 100. Oddly, we're getting much more EU love than species from the movies, and even then, votes are extremely sparse for OT species whereas the previous poll was the inverse. Interesting stuff.

So... any takers on the theory that the subscriber bonus will be playable Kel Dor? :D

I still reckon they would pick Togruta or Voss over kel dor. Can you imagine the Kel dor love scenes ....yuck...:eek:

Though my most wanted playable species will always be Nautolan until they add it into the game,what can I say i'm biased lol.