The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

"Uncleansable" DOTS

MysticGryph

Regularly being cleansed by force shroud and evasion?

Defeats the object of them being uncleansable doesn't it?

You realize those two abilities can only be used once a minute, right? Your dots can run their full duration multiple times over in the time that it takes those moves to come off of cooldown.

You realize those two abilities can only be used once a minute, right? Your dots can run their full duration multiple times over in the time that it takes those moves to come off of cooldown.

There are abilities in the skill tree that lower the CD of them whenever you get attacked so scoundrels and operatives are using evasion every 15 seconds... also if you go up against one that is specced as a healer you stand no chance in getting them down at all, as when they're not using evasion to purge they're insta healing themself back to full health...

Force shroud not much of an issue cos i don't waste my dots when i see them use it, but a pain in the *** that it can purge the dots still.

Regularly being cleansed by force shroud and evasion?

Defeats the object of them being uncleansable doesn't it?

DoT specs in PVP have always been broken because they take to long to tick and everyone plays a class that can counter the DoT. Sorry, but in PVP you pretty much have to burst.

There are abilities in the skill tree that lower the CD of them whenever you get attacked so scoundrels and operatives are using evasion every 15 seconds... also if you go up against one that is specced as a healer you stand no chance in getting them down at all, as when they're not using evasion to purge they're insta healing themself back to full health...

Force shroud not much of an issue cos i don't waste my dots when i see them use it, but a pain in the *** that it can purge the dots still.

That ability is only for operative healers, and those are already considered to be by and far better than the other two healers. As for Sins, their respective ability is only for tanks. It's low enough that it CAN be taken for dps specs, but the cooldown being reduced requires you to shield attacks. Meaning that even IF you take it as a dps you would have to use a shield in your offhand and most likely take the dark ward skill, so it's far from practical.

DoT specs in PVP have always been broken because they take to long to tick and everyone plays a class that can counter the DoT. Sorry, but in PVP you pretty much have to burst.

Just stop talking. Madness is probably the strongest spec in PvP right now and its pure dot spec.

A vast steaming deposit of horse excrement.

There are two kinds of PVP DoT: Tech and Force

There are two kinds of cleanses, DOESN'T DO ANYTHING and ONLY WORKS ON TROOPERS/BH.

Edited by Gyronamics