To all the 1v1 posters here...

TheFishes

It's quite simple...

This pvp system is based around teamwork. I've seen the following type posts, and I'd like to respond how I did after I got over the rage...

1 - I'm a tank spec tank class that can't kill anyone 1 on 1:

No, you can't, because it's not your job... Team based PvP means, given the tools you have, that it's your job to roll around with the light armor dps and healers. Have you ever noticed that they are the ones targeted first? Guardians/Juggernauts, you get your force charge not so much to go after the enemy, but rather to get back to the guy beating on your healer, he's stunned now, reapply guard, taunt him, and keep him controlled til your dps can get on him. Same thing goes for you Powertechs that have a pull, but in reverse, so you can peel the threats off of your "clothies."

2 - I'm a healer and I can't out heal a dps 1 on 1:

No, you can't, because it's not your job... You have, as a healer, a great many tools at your disposal (stun breaks, knockbacks, instant cast stuns, sprints and slows) to allow you to control the target that jumped you and kite him back towards the tanks/dps. If the tank is doing his job, you can stand there all day and spam heals on yourself, but if you're all by your lonesome, don't expect for a minute that it will work... Constant movement and fluid adaptations to situations are what win in team based pvp...

3 - I'm a melee dps and I can't kill the ranged players 1 on 1:

Nope, no you can't, not if you keep running right at him while he kites you... Have the tank that should be running around with you pull him in, or stun him and sprint up. Perhaps look into using the enviornment to break LoS and let the fool run up looking for you. This is just unexcuseable for everyone, even the WoW junkies... Would you let a frost mage or hunter kite you til you're dead? Really? cause 2+2=dumb... don't pick ranged targets halfway across the field, and expect to own them...

4 - I'm a PvPer and Huttball is the worst game ever cause I never win...

Right... Ok... Play the game of Huttball, not the game of Mr. Stabby McStabberson... Kill the ball carrier when he picks it up in the middle, pass it to a teammate on the upper tier, as the dps jumps him, he'll stun break and pass the ball further down the field. Score, win, get stuff... The only thing in Huttball needing fixed is the ability to queue as an Ops group, (As I am sick of us queueing 2 groups seperately and winding up on different sides...) and those damn jets need to put you onto a random catwalk every time... I don't care which one, just make sure it doesn't waste 4-5 tries only to be thrown back into the middle...

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I know I'm not...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you but I still hate hutt ball for the fact that people just want to kill each other and not get the ball past the needed goal. Granted, I have been guilty of that myself, I am not going to lie. Team work is always number one when it comes to PvP success. If you don't have it, you don't win. People need to learn their roles and play them. I can't recall the amount of times I've had tanks try to take me down (Sith Assassin) while my teams ball handler just scores one after the other or vice versa. Frustrating. Edited by Asterand

Oh, and before everyone jumps on my "queue as an ops group" thing because they don't want to play against premades all day...

Either give us a rated set of warzones that we can queue in, or just tell the people whining about premades to make friends or join a guild... Stop playing M.I.O's and start playing M.M.O's...

I agree with you but I still hate hutt ball for the fact that people just want to kill each other and not get the ball past the needed goal. Granted, I have been guilty of that myself, I am not going to lie. Team work is always number one when it comes to PvP success. If you don't have it, you don't win. People need to learn their roles and play them. I can't recall the amount of times I've had tanks try to take me down (Sith Assassin) while my teams ball handler just scores one after the other or vice versa. Frustrating.

And on top of that, I bet they're still seeing you as a light armor target that they can beat on, while taking less damage from you, and eventually win! Ignoring the fact that with the click of a button, you can change charges and be as tough as they are...

Very nice post!

I agree with everything except what you said about the jets.

I think they are fine, and should be considered a last option to get the ball to the upper levels.

/Bird

As far as the jets go, I don't want them to take me to a specific place, I just want them to get me the hell out of that pit of pew pew despair!!!

Have them shoot me specifically away from the ball carrier every time, just so long as I'm on a catwalk!

As far as the jets go, I don't want them to take me to a specific place, I just want them to get me the hell out of that pit of pew pew despair!!!

Have them shoot me specifically away from the ball carrier every time, just so long as I'm on a catwalk!

I know what you mean, and I guess your way would be fine too.

Maybe it would be too easy to avoid death that way?!

/Bird

Explain to me why people keep trolling with complaints and ragequit threats when we've been in game LITERALLY for only 85 hours since official launch...

Really people, whining is almost not totally unacceptable after the first patch... Then I'll actually give my logic baby to the Trolls under the bridge...

Til then, zip it

It's quite simple...

This pvp system is based around teamwork. I've seen the following type posts, and I'd like to respond how I did after I got over the rage...

1 - I'm a tank spec tank class that can't kill anyone 1 on 1:

No, you can't, because it's not your job... Team based PvP means, given the tools you have, that it's your job to roll around with the light armor dps and healers. Have you ever noticed that they are the ones targeted first? Guardians/Juggernauts, you get your force charge not so much to go after the enemy, but rather to get back to the guy beating on your healer, he's stunned now, reapply guard, taunt him, and keep him controlled til your dps can get on him. Same thing goes for you Powertechs that have a pull, but in reverse, so you can peel the threats off of your "clothies."

2 - I'm a healer and I can't out heal a dps 1 on 1:

No, you can't, because it's not your job... You have, as a healer, a great many tools at your disposal (stun breaks, knockbacks, instant cast stuns, sprints and slows) to allow you to control the target that jumped you and kite him back towards the tanks/dps. If the tank is doing his job, you can stand there all day and spam heals on yourself, but if you're all by your lonesome, don't expect for a minute that it will work... Constant movement and fluid adaptations to situations are what win in team based pvp...

3 - I'm a melee dps and I can't kill the ranged players 1 on 1:

Nope, no you can't, not if you keep running right at him while he kites you... Have the tank that should be running around with you pull him in, or stun him and sprint up. Perhaps look into using the enviornment to break LoS and let the fool run up looking for you. This is just unexcuseable for everyone, even the WoW junkies... Would you let a frost mage or hunter kite you til you're dead? Really? cause 2+2=dumb... don't pick ranged targets halfway across the field, and expect to own them...

4 - I'm a PvPer and Huttball is the worst game ever cause I never win...

Right... Ok... Play the game of Huttball, not the game of Mr. Stabby McStabberson... Kill the ball carrier when he picks it up in the middle, pass it to a teammate on the upper tier, as the dps jumps him, he'll stun break and pass the ball further down the field. Score, win, get stuff... The only thing in Huttball needing fixed is the ability to queue as an Ops group, (As I am sick of us queueing 2 groups seperately and winding up on different sides...) and those damn jets need to put you onto a random catwalk every time... I don't care which one, just make sure it doesn't waste 4-5 tries only to be thrown back into the middle...

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I know I'm not...

Agree completely. All the PvP players should be forced to read this. No solo heroes in this games PvP, and I'm loving it! Teamwork is great!

"A sticky should this have" - Yoda.

Remember who designed the PvP system in this game? Same guys who made Warhammer Online and the only fun thing in that game was the group PvP fankly.

The Reason a lot of MMOs fail is because people leave WoW to play them expecting them to be just like WoW but this time they start "fresh" and get a chance at being the next big bad *** to grace this world and get all the ladies and huge sums of money from a youtube partnership completely oblivious to the fact you are violating copyright of the game owners and of the guys who you have as your montarge music, but neither of them care since it's advertising their game and their music. :-P

Needless to say, if you want to play a "traditional" PvPer, roll a dps class and quite crying. PvP healing has always been the same, I don't see much difference in this game in PvP healing to that of WoW. However tanking in PvP in this game is heaps better, in fact this is the first MMO I feel to make tanks feel useful in PvP.

A tank's role in PvP is somewhat different to a tank's role in PvE, instead of being a threat generator who has heaps of health and holds something on them while they got a heal battery on them. In PvP a tank's role is to troll enemy dps, get everyone to come after you and chase you around. Also your role is to use all your assets you get as a tank, like slow down abilities on targets, grabs, charges, anything you can do to brake someone from wailing on that buddy who is healing you while noobs beat up on you.

Obviously people who cry about PvP being inbalanced were obviously alliance players in WoW quiting WoW to come to this game. Because last time I recalled when I played horde I knew heaps of Tauren Warriors who went into PvP as a tank and all they had to do was stand out in the open then heaps of kids would just wail on them.

So according to OP's logic ranged DPS should defeat anyone 1v1 ?

Oh, not at all... It's just that ranged never complain... So they don't need told these things.

And since you asked so nicely:

5 - I'm a ranged dps player and I can't survive getting jumped by a melee 1 on 1:

No, no you can't. Not if you aren't using the tools at your disposal to escape the situation. But then you say the melee has the ability to jump right back on you. So find yourself a tank to guard or kite the melee back into the brawl. Teamwork, teamwork, teamwork... That's the name of the game!

So according to OP's logic ranged DPS should defeat anyone 1v1 ?

every class has abilities to allow them to get into the most benifical situation for themselves, like stuns, leaps, a grapple line to draw someone into close range. ATM it only seems that ranged dps classes seem to win all the time is because it takes less effort to stand there and pew pew then it dose to stun them, then run in and start smackdown. I just think a lot of people who cry are clickers or arn't as well geared. I don't know...

And while we're almost on the subject...

People, you need to expand your thinking when it comes to pvp specs...

We don't need dual spec, because frankly every spec is viable in PvP! And a great deal of people need to think outside the box... I'm planning on running with a Powertech that specced into the Prototype tree, but runs ion gas cylinder... He's going to be an above average dps output that has the survivability to guard me as a healer...

Yay!

edit: Now, if only Kolto Vents worked every time you vent heat, and not every time you USE vent heat...

Edited by TheFishes

Actually, a healer should be able to out-heal 1 dps class.

In fact, a healer should be able to out-heal more. Why? Because there are ALWAYS more dps players than healers.

No...

no no no no no no no no no...

I play a healer, and I do NOT want to be able to stand and spam heals and out heal a dps...

I typically can outheal them, but it's because I make use of my stuns, slows, CC, and am kiting, but eventually all of that winds up on cooldown and I'm going to get owned...

If I have a guard, no question I can outheal what is incoming...

If I have a guard and that tank is taunting off of me, I can take a beatdown from 3 players...

But do you see what is required there? TEAMWORK!!!

Actually, a healer should be able to out-heal 1 dps class.

In fact, a healer should be able to out-heal more. Why? Because there are ALWAYS more dps players than healers.

A team with 8 healers would pretty much be insta-win if that was the case. And the amount of healers would skyrocket.

No!

The healer should not be able to outlast a dps for too long.

There are other players around, they should help.

I am getting tired of these gross over-generalizations...

"Oh, those players must be bad at the game..."

"You should totally be able to take such and such in pvp..."

"What color was George Washington's white horse?"

People, please, stop it with the blanket statements and start giving reasons and justifications based upon factual numbers and/or antecdotal proof...

Wait... I just realized what I'm asking for...

Forget what I said! Have at thee!

A team with 8 healers would pretty much be insta-win if that was the case. And the amount of healers would skyrocket.

No!

The healer should not be able to outlast a dps for too long.

There are other players around, they should help.

@Birdflew

I don't care what server you're on, come to Terentatek and roll Empire... I'll bankroll you to 50, just come into the logic light!

-E.P.

Dunno what melee people you been fighting, I destroy most range quite handedly barring trooper/BH and sage/sorc (though im getting better).

The complaint that huttball catwalks gives and advantage is however pretty valid considering all the knockbacks that send me flying off it.

THese abilities are supposed to buy ranged players a few seconds of time to get away or unload, instead it locks the enemy melee complely out and makes them sitting ducks. If they try to run range just blasts em.

My suggestion? put railings or make one side of the catwalks covered. Railings would be better though.

@Birdflew

I don't care what server you're on, come to Terentatek and roll Empire... I'll bankroll you to 50, just come into the logic light!

-E.P.

So this is what it´s like to be tempted by the dark side.

Ty, but no ty... My home is with the Republic.

Also, I'm Swedish and play on a EU server. I´m assuming you´re American?

/Bird