Guild Ship missing

xStratigyx

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 09.18.2014, so roughly 5 years ago, a bioware employee wrote:

Just as an update, we are looking into this issue, but I currently don't have any ETA for a fix.

Great post, and thanks for the additional information!

-T

It is baffeling how long this bug is existing. The only way to get the ship properly back - for at least a while - is a server reboot.

I assume that there is still not an ETA for this nor that anybody actually knows how to fix the bug. Most likely if there ever is a fix it will just make it impossible to ban people from the ship or strongholds.

The customer support is no help at all. They even assume that the player base does not know how to edit decorations.

If there were at least server reboots every week the issue wouldn't be that big or problematic but those of course are no longer happening as well.

Edited by Lyra_Belaqua

I am not sure if this helps anyone here. Find out if anyone logs their characters out from the guild Ship. If so ask them to log in with that character and you should have access to your guild ship again. It only works as long as they are logged on and that they keep their character on the guild ship. As long as someone (multiple characters preferred) leaves their character on the guild ship and they are logged on, you should have access to the guild ship again. Its the only work around until they fix the issue.

I am not sure if it still works anymore, but it is worth a try. I was in a guild before that had that happen. I used to keep my characters on the guild ship and when that happened, it brought the ship back.

Edited by Mdgshorty

We have been doing this for a while, but it is not a constant fix.

Most of the officers actually use some of their character slots just to have characters which are stationed in the ship and the stronghold just to be able to reset it when the bug happens.

Unfortunately it is never a constant fix and there is the risk of characters randomly being sent to the fleet in case that additional bugs occur.

Also it is a problem by now when it comes to conquest.

To start conquest somebody who has a toon on the ship, and is able to do the work-around needs to be present.

It puts a lot of requirements on players to be able to make sure to allow others to participate in the game.

The Customer Support has not been helpful at all. They provide us with information about the work around, assume that we do not know how to remove and to place a decoration and can not give us a time when the next server restart will happen.

Considering that this bug is known for nearly 5 years it is a huge disappointment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

The ship for one of our Imperial guilds has been lost to the void once again since earlier today. None of the usual factors that make ships vanish were in play so not sure what happened this time.

6 years of the same bug. Please fix.

The ship for one of our Imperial guilds has been lost to the void once again since earlier today. None of the usual factors that make ships vanish were in play so not sure what happened this time.

maybe someone installed a cloaking device and never told you :eek::eek::eek:

Edited by DarkTergon

• 3 months later...

Our guild ship has gone missing since Tuesday when I invaded a planet as usual. Today its gone so can't join in conquests, which is a pain for a small guild that was unable to invade a small planet last week.

Things are going from bad to worse!

Our guild ship has gone missing since Tuesday when I invaded a planet as usual. Today its gone so can't join in conquests, which is a pain for a small guild that was unable to invade a small planet last week.

Things are going from bad to worse!

Someone was on your guild ship just having come off a planetary instance that was subsequently depopulated. When I put in a ticket for my guild when our guild ship got towed for being double parked like that, I was told that I'd have to wait until the following Tuesday after the weekly reset for the ship to reappear.

Someone was on your guild ship just having come off a planetary instance that was subsequently depopulated. When I put in a ticket for my guild when our guild ship got towed for being double parked like that, I was told that I'd have to wait until the following Tuesday after the weekly reset for the ship to reappear.

I'd be surprised as the guild is mostly just me at the moment. Thanks for the reply though.

I wonder how many times you have to bring these issues up to get a gold post reply from a dev. They seem more concerned with mounts and cosmetic stuff if you ask me.

Edited by hillerbees

The weekly reset does not pop the ships back. Only a server restart will do that. They have not announced any planned maintenance dates at the moment but I suspect they might sneak one more in before the end of July to alter the Swoop event to include a small yield target.

There was another case of this happening last week. Was messaged to me directly. Person who is the only one in their guild lost both their ship and stronghold. Did not launch an invasion and they've never given any gold keys out for either. Unfortunately they did not have any of their characters with a gold key on the ship to temporarily pop it back so that is another which is lost in the void until the next server restart.

The weekly reset does not pop the ships back. Only a server restart will do that. They have not announced any planned maintenance dates at the moment but I suspect they might sneak one more in before the end of July to alter the Swoop event to include a small yield target.

There was another case of this happening last week. Was messaged to me directly. Person who is the only one in their guild lost both their ship and stronghold. Did not launch an invasion and they've never given any gold keys out for either. Unfortunately they did not have any of their characters with a gold key on the ship to temporarily pop it back so that is another which is lost in the void until the next server restart.

Wait was all I was told to do and it worked. If that following Tuesday when I got my ship back was indeed a server restart, I've no idea.

Yes, this bug keeps recurring. So much so that none of my guildmates leaves any of their toons on the ship when they log off. Doesn't fix the bug but at least we get to still play our toons.

Thank you for this information. Its good to have players help out here on the forum and acknockledge the problem. Shame a dev hasn't addressed it as it majorly affects conquests and that, for many people, is what keeps us busy while we're waiting for new content (or for waiting for new content bugs to be fixed).

Thank you for this information. Its good to have players help out here on the forum and acknockledge the problem. Shame a dev hasn't addressed it as it majorly affects conquests and that, for many people, is what keeps us busy while we're waiting for new content (or for waiting for new content bugs to be fixed).

Devs are too busy inventing new bugs to worry about old ones, at least there is a reset today, so hopefully those who lost their ships will get them back.