The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Guild Ship missing

xStratigyx

I looked into it and it was a change made in the patch. Flagships shouldn't "disappear" again, and guilds that weren't able to access their Flagships should now have access.

Good catch!

Our guild flagship disappeared today for the first time. We can still make it temporarily visible by logging in on characters that logged out on the ship, but if no one is on the guild ship, it is not visible and we cannot select a planet for invasion. Please take a look at this bug again. :mad:

Edited by Jerba

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our guild flagship disappeared today for the first time. We can still make it temporarily visible by logging in on characters that logged out on the ship, but if no one is on the guild ship, it is not visible and we cannot select a planet for invasion. Please take a look at this bug again. :mad:

We are taking another look at this currently. Another report came in over the weekend similar to yours.

Yeah... I'm not really sure why the flagship started glitching today. <Champions of Valhalla> Shadowlands server.

We didn't have it in the public listings, we didn't remove any players are kick anyone from the guild or the ship.

It seems the easiest way to fix the problem is to wait until the servers are shut down for maintenance again. Let's hope for a quick patch soon...

Edited by Celestial-Fury

Though I haven't been online to check personally, my guildmates are telling me that after the servers went back online this morning, they were able to access the guild flagship without any trouble. So the problem seems fixed, at least for now.

It seems having the servers go offline for maintenance seems to fix the problem, at least temporarily. Let's just hope we don't have our ship glitch out again...

• 3 weeks later...

Eternal Suns

Bastion

The bug that plagued everyone in this thread happened to us today, I had no idea this was an issue till it happened. This has been a frustrating experience as we have worked hard to get where are and spent millions of credits even after the initial 50 million, this simply cannot be put off. Everyone in this thread I'm sure feels the way I do and the rest of my guild, please help get to the bottom of it and soon

Thank you

UPDATE: with the start of the new conquest week, the bug seems to be taken care of for now, I don't know if it's permanent or won't ever happen again, but it's back as of now, any further changes or issues I will re update my post

Edited by KennyRP
Status change

This has happened to our guild Temenos Knights on The Ebon Hawk server.

Problem occurred last night. Both ship and stronghold vanished.

Not sure if it was coincidence or not; but I was adding a new member and had the Stronghold windows open when the problem occurred.

Edited by Nireos
Modify

• 3 months later...

I just want to point out that this problem still exists. It does seem to happen less frequently but I think that is solely because I have stopped distributing silver keys. The problems started months ago when I started giving silver keys to every guild member, I'd do it each week as part of my guild admin. I wanted them to be able to invite their friends and use the resource nodes. After a few weeks of that is when both our ship and Dromund Kaas stronghold both disappeared.

That's around the time this thread was created so I used the moving a decoration trick to pop them back. It still works but the silver key issue is still there. We've lost our ship and stronghold a few times since the last post here and when BW said they had fixed the issue. I've submitted tickets about it each time but received some copy and paste garbage reply about it being a problem with the game that is beyond technical supports ability to solve and that it will be fixed in a future update.

Obviously when I linked it with the silver keys I stopped giving them out but the problem is when people that stopped playing ages ago and were removed from the guild return to the game they seem to the cause the problem. We've just had this happen with our Dromund Kaas stronghold, yet again it has vanished. This time support haven't even bothered to reply to my ticket.

The only thing that brings them back properly is when there is a server reset, it's very frustrating. Currently we can't even access our DK stronghold since none of the officers that had gold keys have any alts in there so we can't use the decoration trick.

I just want to point out that this problem still exists.

Hm, that's strange to hear. My guild hasn't had any problems with disappearing guild ships for months now and I can't remember anyone on my server mentioning that their guild ship is bugged, but it may very well be that it is still bugged for some guilds. :(

Do you give out silver keys still? I was giving them to every single character in the guild so close to 500 in total at any point in time. About 50 each week as we cycled inactive members for fresh blood. So even though I stopped there are still a lot floating out there on inactive characters.

Do you give out silver keys still? I was giving them to every single character in the guild so close to 500 in total at any point in time. About 50 each week as we cycled inactive members for fresh blood. So even though I stopped there are still a lot floating out there on inactive characters.

Yes, we've given a silver key to every player in our guild (we have like 475 members last I checked) but we've also listed our guildship publicly.

Ah yeah ours is private and I prefer to keep it that way. It's frustrating if that is the long term way around it. It wouldn't be so bad if Customer Services could actually pop it back into existence but so far that has never happened as far as I know, at least not for my guild. The only thing that's brought them back for a prolonged time is a server reset.

One consequence that is really annoying is that I have to keep at least one alt on the guild ship at all times to make sure I can pop it back. I wasn't too worried about the stronghold as I'm focusing on the ship first but it was still one character I couldn't use for anything without playing a juggling game moving them around locations. No way I'm going to do that with 2 of my characters. I did consider making some more low level alts but why should I? They should just fix the problem.

I took next week off work and in my down time was planning on decorating both as we should finish unlocking our guild ship on Monday but from what I can tell the next server reset won't be until the week after. That will make it 3-4 weeks of us not being able to access our guild stronghold.

I know some guilds unlock these things and don't really use them but we do use our guild ship, it's our headquarters. When we finish decorating that then we'll move onto our stronghold and we have plans to use that as well.

It's so disappointing/frustrating that they got my guild to work hard to earn the credits to unlock all these things and then they just piss all over it. It's embarrassing having to continually explain this crap to 450+ people.

Edited by UlaVii

Oh I got a reply to my latest ticket today:

I understand, that you want to have your guild fortress back.

After investigating your case I'm sorry to tell you, that the Customer support can't help you in this case. The only way to deactivate any Fortress is by clicking on the X in the list and confirming the deactivation of this fortress.

You need to repurchase your guild fortress, if you want to have it back. You will have all your decorations for this fortress again, once you purchase it back.

My reply in a new ticket since they closed they last one:

In regards to my last ticket ### that is totally unacceptable as a solution. "Delete the missing stronghold and buy it again" great. Please give me all the credits to unlock all the rooms again and when our guild ship goes missing next then please do the same plus reimburse me for all the hours I've spent decorating it.

Your answer doesn't even make sense, the guild stronghold is missing so it doesn't show up in the strongholds panel so there is no way to click the X. Have you even played your own game?

Just bring it back, it's gone missing several times before.

Total joke this is. I wasn't lying, I spent hours and hours decorating our guild ship. The plan is to have it fully unlocked this week and then I can re-arrange things and finish decorating it. What this Matthias is telling me is that it's all a complete waste of time since the next time our ship/stronghold vanishes I have to start over again.

I mean the guild ship that they advertised as a huge part of the conquest is still broken and now they just casually tell me to delete missing ships/strongholds and throw 75 million for the ship or maybe just 4.37 mil if I'm lucky and only our stronghold vanishes. Then there's having to get all the Frameworks again. Very disappointed :(

Total joke this is. I wasn't lying, I spent hours and hours decorating our guild ship. The plan is to have it fully unlocked this week and then I can re-arrange things and finish decorating it. What this Matthias is telling me is that it's all a complete waste of time since the next time our ship/stronghold vanishes I have to start over again.

Don't blame Customer Service for this. Their tools either cannot or their policies don't allow them to restore invisible guild ships or guild strongholds, so they give you the closest answer they can. It will either be:

1. A non-answer for a related problem, like you received
  2. The standard answer "This is a bug that needs to be fixed by a patch and cannot be corrected by CS"

In any case, I'd recommend you to PM Tait directly with all the details about your situation. He can take a closer look at it and is able to elevate this case beyond what CS is capable of, but it may take a while until this gets fixed.

Edited by Jerba

Got another reply today from the complaint bug I submitted about the initial reply I had:

Hope my response finds you well, ignore the last response sorry about that, you don’t need to buy anything at all.

The issue is pretty rare and it has taken ages for us to figure this out but the issue is related to one of your characters, so at some point one of your characters was logged out of when they were inside the guild stronghold.

This has the unusual effect of locking that stronghold to that characters, affectively only that character can exist in that space so until they log back in and exit the area it does not exist for any other character.

To fix this simple log into all of your characters and move them to the fleet then log out again, this should then allow other characters and players to see the stronghold again.

And again sorry for the confusion on the last message, I hope despite all the delays you are enjoying Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, should you need anything else please feel free to contact us again.

We already sussed out it was something to do with inactive characters but unfortunately it is none of mine or my officers:

None of my characters are in the stronghold. I believe it is some active (possibly ex) guild member and even if I could contact them outside the game I have no way of identifying who it is. We have had hundreds of people in our guild. The reset tomorrow sorts it out for right now but I expect this is going to keep happening when whatever triggers the error occurs again.

Luckily there's a server reset tomorrow so our stronghold should be back for a while so I'll make a couple of placeholder characters I can leave on both the ship and stronghold. At least that way I can take my leveled characters off the ship for some shore leave :)

Thanks for flicking the server power switch Tait :jawa_biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...

Both our Guild Ship and Stronghold have vanished again. They both went within minutes of me removing some people that were inactive.

The "move the decoration" trick works to pop them back for a few minutes but with no hint of a server reset in the near future it's going to get a little annoying :confused: