Orbital Power Monitor - Has anyone seen it?

KyaniteD

Has anyone come across the "Orbital Power Monitor" in the game, on live servers? Supposedly the source is Kuat Drive Yards flashpoint, but it seems to be either very, very elusive or missing altogether.

A site search on swtor.com didn't yield any results, so if after 4 weeks no one seems to be missing it, I wonder if it's me who's blind or unlucky, or really the game is bugged.

In over 10 KDY runs since 2.9 I've yet to see this monitor drop. Wouldn't surprise me if it was accidentally left out of the loot tables.

I have yet to meet or talk to someone who has seen it drop.

This is a bit of nuisance seeing that only two monitors are NOT available outside CM packs and only one can be crafted, not to mention that the other one from CM packs is yet to be introduced. :o

I do hope they fix this kind of stuff soon. Still waiting on the Republic / Imperial crates from the PvP decoration vendor.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I have yet to meet or talk to someone who has seen it drop.

This is a bit of nuisance seeing that only two monitors are NOT available outside CM packs and only one can be crafted, not to mention that the other one from CM packs is yet to be introduced. :o

I do hope they fix this kind of stuff soon. Still waiting on the Republic / Imperial crates from the PvP decoration vendor.

Indeed. What I'm wondering is how they keep forgetting to put certain items in that are already supposed to be in

Also, they need to increase the NPC limit. :p

Edited by Essence_of_Light

Just another deco to add to collection of mysteriously non-existing and not-fixed in patch along with:

- Warzone comms Crates (Rep stack, Rep single, Imp stack, Imp single)

- Ship Computers (Rep version, Imp version)

- Generator Nodes (Rep version, Imp version)

- Seeker Droids (Rep version, Imp version)

- Voss Shrine Sculpture

- all Class Signs + various signs and posters, everything that has blue background on this page

Edited by Pietrastor

Just another deco to add to collection of mysteriously non-existing and not-fixed in patch along with:

- Voss Shrine Sculpture

- all Class Signs + various signs and posters, everything that has blue background on this page

The seeker droids are on GSI rep vendor...The class symbol sign are I assume rewards for maybe 100% your class...the other I have no clue. Oh and that 3rd seeker droid , I think I read somewhere you get from that little jawa vendor from rakghoul event, you also get glowing plant off him.

The seeker droids are on GSI rep vendor...The class symbol sign are I assume rewards for maybe 100% your class...the other I have no clue. Oh and that 3rd seeker droid , I think I read somewhere you get from that little jawa vendor from rakghoul event, you also get glowing plant off him.

Inaccurate.

Only this one is. There are three of them and no one knows for sure how to obtain the other two.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

- Voss Shrine Sculpture

• Generators are hidden behind stacks of crates, which are hidden behind ship computers :D
  • Seeker Droid decorations could be a loot from Seeker Droid digs? They have "seeker droid" as their source. However, my patience is not large enough to be digging, so I have not tried it.
  • No clue what on Voss could reward the sculpture
  • Class Signs are not hooked up yet, according to Tait. They are supposed to be reward to chapter 3 (or maybe lvl 55, not sure now). However, he had no idea when will they get around to hooking them up.

One night running KDY I was in a group that had a random synthweaving schematic drop on the final boss. I submitted a ticket to customer service and was told the Orbital Power Monitor was a random drop and that the schematic was an expected drop.

Personally I think the customer service person was wrong and the decoration drop is broken, but you know how a lot of these things go - it must be working as intended until it isn't.

Edited by Rhesus_TOR

One night running KDY I was in a group that had a random synthweaving schematic drop on the final boss. I submitted a ticket to customer service and was told the Orbital Power Monitor was a random drop and that the schematic was an expected drop.

Personally I think the customer service person was wrong and the decoration drop is broken, but you know how a lot of these things go - it must be working as intended until it isn't.

"Schematic"? It does come across as clueless.

There aren't even schematics for decorations. :confused:

"Schematic"? It does come across as clueless.

Specifically, THIS dropped on the final boss and I still have it in my inventory:

[schematic: Pristine Exemplar's Legwraps]

The boss didn't drop anything but blue rep tokens and the schematic and I've never seen a KDY boss EVER drop a schematic.

Specifically, THIS dropped on the final boss and I still have it in my inventory:

[schematic: Pristine Exemplar's Legwraps]

The boss didn't drop anything but blue rep tokens and the schematic and I've never seen a KDY boss EVER drop a schematic.

I misread. I actually thought he had said the Orbital Power Monitor dropped as a schematic. ;)

Nope, never seen it. Considering that the rewards for tacticals are already quite modest at level 55, I'd like to see them increase the drop rates for decorations and recovered relics overall. The Manaan drops have been reasonable and I think those are tuned well, but Kuat, Tython, Korriban, and the Czerka FPs (even in HM) are frustratingly miserly.

Thanks guys for all your responses and for being very civil about it. (I just know I'll jinx it with this...)

Yes, but to be fair: if no one reported it as a bug, how would they know it's not working as intended? And even with a bug report, especially with random drops (vs. expected drops) it's hard to tell whether it's just a streak of bad luck or indeed bugged and not dropping at all.

Is it possible that it is a planned drop for 3.0 KDY HM?

I was wondering about that myself. But seeing how the other tactical flashpoints seem to drop the respective decorations, it does rather look like a bug after 4 weeks and I will go on reporting it as such after seeing all the replies here.

Edited by KyaniteD

• 4 weeks later...