Galactic Starfighter Records (2.8+) continued

Fractalsponge

Have a 4 man team all running communication sensors so you can see the whole map and call targets for everyone, call every cooldown they are using, what node everyone is going to. What the gunships are targeting all while doing the defensive play you were talking about. That is what makes bomber fun for me. :)

Ok, I can get behind that...I can see the appeal. That said, it would require a level of communication that we don't typically see on our server...the vast majority of our bomber guys most definitely do not do this. I wish they did.

Certainly something to think about, though. This would make playing bomber a hell of a lot more interesting to me.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a 4 man team all running communication sensors so you can see the whole map and call targets for everyone, call every cooldown they are using, what node everyone is going to. What the gunships are targeting all while doing the defensive play you were talking about. That is what makes bomber fun for me. :)

Comm bomber at B is extremely helpful. I run comm sensors in almost all my ships for better overview.

Edited by Danalon

Having a bomber coordinating things is really great. Even if you're only offering direction through ops chat, it can be very helpful to those that pay attention. I've occasionally seen bombers that are ops leaders utilize the leader's ability to broadcast a message right in the middle of the screen, too.

Here are a couple new entries, too:

Domination

Beris (Despon) - Mangler - Begeren Colony - 131677 damage

Beris (Despon) - Mangler - Begeren Colony - 205.75 DPS

Gunship Domination

Beris (Despon) - Mangler - Begeren Colony - 131677 damage

Beris (Despon) - Mangler - Begeren Colony - 205.75 DPS

Ok, I haven't posted a record in a while (sorry, been lazy).... but thought I would post this... you can imagine my frustration right about now. (Honorable mention to Torgar for saving the match for his team)

Deathmatch

End By Timer

Cekis - S13-Sting - Despair - The Harbinger - 41/46 Kills & Assists (89.1%)

Cekis - S13-Sting - Despair - The Harbinger - 38 Kills (remove Optikill)

Scout - Deathmatch

Cekis - S13-Sting - Despair - The Harbinger - 41 Kills & Assists (remove Optikill)

Cekis - S13-Sting - Despair - The Harbinger - 133,922 Total Damage

Edited by Cekis

Ok, I haven't posted a record in a while (sorry, been lazy).... but thought I would post this... you can imagine my frustration right about now. (Honorable mention to Torgar for saving the match for his team)

Dude! That sucks! Grats on the performance, though! That's pretty damned impressive! :eek:

Some old matches (all after June 10).

RECORDS BY GAME TYPE

DEATHMATCH

End by Timer OR Opposing team to 50

Percent Kills and Assists

Kira Carsen - Sting - Shadowlands - 19/19 Kills + Assists (100%)

RECORDS BY SHIP TYPE

SCOUT DOMINATION

Medals

Kira Carsen - NovaDive - Shadowlands - 18 medals

STRIKE FIGHTER DOMINATION

Total Damage

Kira Carsen - Quell - Shadowlands - 69958 damage

DPS

Kira Carsen - Quell - Shadowlands - 119.38dps

Domination overall and gunship domination:

Xi'ao - Mangler - Domination - The Shadowlands - 21 assists

21 assists, that's cute.

I kid.

But for reals, earlier in this thread I posted about a match where I had 45 assists. Original quote as follows:

Holy hell, just had a ridiculous dom game. I kept recklessly hammering on a constant pileup at B, mega ion splash resulted in the following:

TøbiasFünke - Quarrel - The Omega Continuum - Jedi Covenant - 59 kills + assists

Performance tab for above

I think this qualifies for game type - domination - total kills & assists, and also ship type - gunship domination - kills & assists. Should also qualify for total damage (same game):

TøbiasFünke - Quarrel - The Omega Continuum - Jedi Covenant - 115,130 damage

This was actually a fun game because it was pretty close, lots of back and forth.

...this one was already included for kills + assists, but not for assists alone (largely because I never noticed that was a separate category). So could you please add:

TøbiasFünke - Quarrel - The Omega Continuum - Jedi Covenant - 45 assists

Added. Sorry, if a record is not explicitly claimed I probably won't catch it.

Oh, no worries...like I said - I didn't even realize it qualified myself. But thanks for throwing it up there

EDIT: though I still don't see it up there. By game type/domination/assists, right?

EDIT 2: Looks like you put it under TDM, not domination

Edited by MaximilianPower