Reyane - Flashfire - Light and Honor - T3-M4 - 33 Kills & Assists

Reyane - Flashfire - Light and Honor - T3-M4 - 116,947 Damage

Reyane - Flashfire - Light and Honor - T3-M4 - 17 Solo Kills

Reyane - Flashfire - Light and Honor - T3-M4 - 155.1 DPS

Bomber Domination

Lafaye - Warcarrier - Light and Honor - T3-M4 - 29 Kills & Assists

Lafaye - Warcarrier - Light and Honor - T3-M4 - 59,552 Damage

Lafaye - Warcarrier - Light and Honor - T3-M4 - 19 Medals

Holy hell, just had a ridiculous dom game. I kept recklessly hammering on a constant pileup at B, mega ion splash resulted in the following:

TøbiasFünke - Quarrel - The Omega Continuum - Jedi Covenant - 59 kills + assists

Performance tab for above

I think this qualifies for game type - domination - total kills & assists, and also ship type - gunship domination - kills & assists. Should also qualify for total damage (same game):

TøbiasFünke - Quarrel - The Omega Continuum - Jedi Covenant - 115,130 damage

This was actually a fun game because it was pretty close, lots of back and forth.

It really was a completely preposterous game. Obviously.

Man, I thought my 49 k+a had a chance to hold onto the top spot. Nice work. : )

I use the records thread as a motivator to improve my personal performance, and to give me numbers to shoot for. I do struggle with evaluating the weight of these records since the situation most conducive for setting them is one where everyone in a match is terrible, except for you.

It's hard to find an objective measure of piloting skill, particularly when it comes to stats. I know quite a few pilots that don't put up gaudy stats but really know the game and are instrumental to winning matches (or making them very tough to win flying against them).

I'd rather see GSF regularly pit teams of even skill against each other, rather than subject inexperienced pilots to regular beatings. Still, preposterous matches are fun to commemorate, regardless of any more grand meaning or grim circumstance behind them.

- Despon

If we didn't have this thread, my motivation to go all out in matches would be greatly reduced...

That said, the possibility of a long time towards any meaningful changes for the GSF meta has given this set of records an abnormally long shelf life. Look at the medals list or K+A TDM sections - we're rapidly filling the list with ever smaller slices of the top percentile. No one, after all, can exceed 50 K+A in TDM.

All the while, there are great matches that don't really get commemorated because they aren't outlier-y enough. Like the one time recently when a guildie killed 6 at a time with a single seismic mine. Awesomeness, but not a record. I wonder if we should start a "funny/close/otherwise exceptional match" thread...

Anyway, I'm hoping for some changes soon so we can start collecting a new public set of outliers.

Isn't that what all these records are all about though. ^^

Well, that's true, I suppose. Extra preposterous, maybe.

I use the records thread as a motivator to improve my personal performance, and to give me numbers to shoot for. I do struggle with evaluating the weight of these records since the situation most conducive for setting them is one where everyone in a match is terrible, except for you.

It's hard to find an objective measure of piloting skill, particularly when it comes to stats. I know quite a few pilots that don't put up gaudy stats but really know the game and are instrumental to winning matches (or making them very tough to win flying against them).

I'd rather see GSF regularly pit teams of even skill against each other, rather than subject inexperienced pilots to regular beatings. Still, preposterous matches are fun to commemorate, regardless of any more grand meaning or grim circumstance behind them.

- Despon

Thanks for the tip o' the hat. Agree that most records do seem to be set in objectively terrible matchups, lopsided victories, etcetera. Personally I make an effort to fly something I suck at, like a bomber, if/when those mismatches arise, eliminating a shot at any sort of personal record.

But what made this particular game interesting was that it wasn't one of those matches where everyone else was terrible, and the game itself was actually fairly intense; final score was 1000-855.

Yes, strategy-wise, the enemy's decision to largely leave me alone was, uh, ill-advised, but it was a reasonably evenly-matched game otherwise. I really believe that if I hadn't kept obstinately hammering B as hard as I did, we would have lost that game. Most of my own personal records haven't been set in that kind of game.

That said, upon reflection - setting a record like this in a dom game probably means it's likely to have been a better/closer match than a TDM. If we had 3-capped them, there simply wouldn't have been enough time to knock out all those K+As. But in a TDM, you can take the top K+A spot in a 50-0 obliteration. Of course, getting all 50 kills in a 50-0 match is an impressive feat...but I think you can safely assume there isn't a whole lot of drama in a game like that.

- Despon

This is basically exactly how I feel.

Updated.

Vehementt-B-4D-Legion-Holocron-Ship Record: Bomber Medals: 19 http://imgur.com/zJxwM2q

Vehementt-B-4D-Legion-Holocron-Gametype: Domination: Medals: 19 http://imgur.com/zJxwM2q

What server? Also, I need perf tab or requisition award screenshot to give you the bomber record. However, I updated the overall medals record with your entry.

Not really sure how this happened, those who know me are well aware I'm not a bomber guy, but:

TøbiasFünke - Warcarrier - The Omega Continuum - Jedi Covenant - 641 objective points

Performance tab for above

I think that works for both overall domination objectives, and also ship type bomber/dom/objectives. This "record" required zero skill, I just had to circle for 10 minutes and not be stupid. Avidity did most of the heavy lifting in that match.

As an aside, I have no idea how you bomber guys do it. I almost fell asleep. The only thing keeping me awake was my relentless humping of the satellite in pursuit of a savior medal.

As an aside, I have no idea how you bomber guys do it. I almost fell asleep. The only thing keeping me awake was my relentless humping of the satellite in pursuit of a savior medal.

Have a 4 man team all running communication sensors so you can see the whole map and call targets for everyone, call every cooldown they are using, what node everyone is going to. What the gunships are targeting all while doing the defensive play you were talking about. That is what makes bomber fun for me. :)