I don't get some people... (loot rant)

Yesterday doing Nefra NiM in a pug and dread touched foestoppers offhand drops, naturally I needed being a sent on that but ended up winning an implant instead while a oriconian geared gunslinger/sage (forgot which class they were but it definitely wasn't a sent) took the offhand. Rather than being the whiner and slating people for being ninjas or whatever I was in position to offer the person a deal, they obviously could of needed the implant more than the offhand and I could of needed the offhand saber more than he could, you would think the logical option would be to trade and everyone who won a roll would be happy yes?

Unfortunately when I offered a deal with him to give him the main drop from the boss for a dread touched piece that wasn't for his character in the first place he ignored the bargain, shuttled to fleet and left group. I understand people have alts but his character wasn't exactly full 186, he could of took the implant and still come from the op with an upgrade.

It still baffles me why he wouldn't take up the offer, I'm no expert of human psychology but spite maybe?

Anyway I suppose I should look on the bright side to the fact I at least come from the op with a +15 strength and +11 power bonus...

/end of rant

RE 186 gear? Gief!

And they probably just did Nefra. Sooooo many people soloed 16 man Nefra NIM. :rolleyes:

I always hate it when it comes out that everyone's soloed this or that NiM content. Makes me feel like a crap player cause I can't casually blast my way through enrage timers on my Operative healer.

What's the build/tactics for it? I do actually need some more gear.

I always hate it when it comes out that everyone's soloed this or that NiM content. Makes me feel like a crap player cause I can't casually blast my way through enrage timers on my Operative healer.

What's the build/tactics for it? I do actually need some more gear.

You used to hide in a corner where nefra couldn't hit you and slowly whittle away at her until she died. Not possible anymore, because at 80% health she kills everything in the instance if she hasn't attacked yet.

You used to hide in a corner where nefra couldn't hit you and slowly whittle away at her until she died. Not possible anymore, because at 80% health she kills everything in the instance if she hasn't attacked yet.

Oh, like the really old trick with the first boss in EV, if he enraged and used the missile barrage constantly?

Ahh well. 3.0 will likely bring 190 gear as standard anyway.

You know this could have been his ALT and he might have done that only for the off-chance the OH drops for main? I have done Nefra countless times on ALT's hoping for off-hand drop.

That maybe so but the fact of the matter is there were two sents in the group which made effectively what he did a ninja, now instead of calling out the guy on that I offered him the opportunity to distribute the loot to someone who can actually use it and still walk away from the op with a piece he also needed on but he shunned the opportunity to do so. It's like they didn't care what they walked away from the op with, whether they had a sent alt or not would probably of been irrelevant to whether they chose to need or greed the item, it's like the guy just pressed need on everything and run off with their tail between their legs rather than give a thought to whether they genuinely needed it for any purpose.

For all we know he probably ended up vendoring the piece in the end..

Edited by FlyinSpaghetti

^^ I think the complaint here is different opinions on what counts as "need"

Some people seem to think needing for alt/comps is acceptable, some don't. Thats where the issues arise. IMO need is for stuff better than current gear for the current toon. I have noticed people don't consider a mara in full dread forged needing on a strength drop in HM FP's as ninjaing, though I personally do. Everyone has different views but if it turns out the people in the group consider what you just did as ninjaing then you should acknowledge and return the item to whoever needs it.

Any loot that drops is for the people that downed the content, therefore everyone is free to role. Especially on a MK-2 piece lol.

Progression gearing rules are a different story but if you're in anything other than that, it's pretty much fair game. Especially if the raid lead doesn't specify anything at the start.

Especially if the raid leader doesn't specify anything at the start.

This x100.

A pug operation is going to be filled with people that are there for many different reasons. If anyone has a specific expectation of how loot should be handled in such a situation, they should discuss it beforehand.

Edited by Khevar

All I got from this is don't do PUGs because people are generally butt holes with loot. I figured at this point it's common knowledge to Need things that are for your current character, unless you ask the group if you can need for Comp/Alt or whatever. Is it different for Ops cause all the Flashpoint groups I've ever run have gone like this, all PUGs too?

Let's think about this logically,

Hard mode ops

PUG

Why would anyone subject themselves to that experience unless they were going to roll need on loot. It is not fun and it's not for the good of your guild/friends. It's a loot run plain and simple.

Further, why would anyone lock a HM geared toon out on a PUG if they weren't allowed to roll need?