The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please bring Hard Mode Flashpoints

Hi Bioware guys, i am really dissapointed with you, with the recent flashpoints you have released. And that is because you are not bringing a Hard Mode Mode for those. I dont know why you dont release new contend, i mean, doing it in a Tactical Mode is so EASY, so EASY that is boring, is total boring, i cant say another name to that, is awfull BORING. I understand that there are a lot of people who enjoys the SUPER EXTRA EASY TACTICAL Mode but there is a group, a significant group of players who enjoy chalenge, who likes to go throught those chalenges, who likes to even wipe (die) trying; people who doesnt stay happy with a SUPER EASY FLASHPOINT. I beg you to please bring back the time before the expansion when we had a Lost Island, a Hard Flashpoint for real players and not that joke that you have gave us. Your are ignoring the people who likes to stay in the game to the last, who likes, like me, to pay each month 15 dolars to enjoy a chalenge to succed a Hard Mode/Nightmare Operation............we like a Lost Island too, a different type of chalenge; we wont enjoy that Flashpoint because is too easy. I please beg you to consider these because im feeling that you are not considering me, that you are not considering a large group of people and i dont want to pay each month 15 dolars to play a easy game, i want a chalenge not that JOKE TACTICAL FLASHPOINT, i will deffinetly change to another game if you dont fix that, i love SWTOR, im here about 2 years now.........and i really miss the times when Lost Island was a Hard Flashpoint to do and not a JOKE, NOT A INSULT TO US TRUE PLAYERS.

I understand you are upset about no new hard modes and no new operations. A lot of people are but I would not say true players. Any person who plays the game is a true player regardless of how or what they like. You ask bioware not to insult you but you turn around and insult some other players that may like these tacticals.

Hopefully in 3.0 there will be something for raiders and for everyone that enjoys hard modes.

Are people so oblivious to what Bioware is doing? Why would they release new HMs now? They are converting all the new Tacticals (Korriban, Tython, Manaan, and Rakata Prime) to be level 60 HMs so you have new HMs to get gear. It would pointless if they just released new HMs now right before a new expansion. I mean do you really want more Black Market gear?

I dont want new gear, i want new chalenges. The tactical is an insult, is very easy to do. You dont remember Lost island, that was a very HM FP.

You don't understand, there is NO point in releasing HM FPs without new gear. 3.0 will make all the tactical FPs HMs for sure. Bioware is just being smart.

Are people so oblivious to what Bioware is doing? Why would they release new HMs now? They are converting all the new Tacticals (Korriban, Tython, Manaan, and Rakata Prime) to be level 60 HMs so you have new HMs to get gear. It would pointless if they just released new HMs now right before a new expansion. I mean do you really want more Black Market gear?

GG, WP, good sir. That's exactly what's going to happen, everything else makes no sense. Although I don't see myself enjoying tanking in the Rakata FP if the mechanics don't change but the damage increases. After all, two bosses aren't really tankable all that well.

Point? Just because it is easy doesn't mean it isn't fun. The Manaan FP is one of the best FP they've released IMO.

Fun, yes but best, no... that title belonged to Lost Island not because it was hard but it required you actually following mechanics to beat the encounter rather than zerging through it. It was literally a 4 man operation and set the bar for 4 man progression content.

As for the topic I view tactical flashpoints as a replacements for heroics, just a simple 4 man experience that you can run with anybody regardless of skill/gear. Hard mode flashpoints however are in a bit of identity crisis at the moment, I mean they were made hard enough to require some skill/awareness but not so hard it scares the casual's away, now though with the invention of tactical flashpoints do the hard modes really need to be held back any more to cater for the masses?

I say Bioware needs to up the ante on HM flashpoints, give them a similar challenge and reward you'd expect from something like the HM operations, in fact HM flashpoints should be the first stepping stone to HM progression i.e. you should have to acquire gear from SM ops in order to be effective in HM flashpoints, and the gear that should drop in them should help you onto your way in HM&NiM content.

Edited by FlyinSpaghetti

Source???

There is no direct source for this, but it's pretty obvious for a number of reasons:

1) When Korriban/Tython first released they stated that no Hard Modes would be released at the start, but that a Hard Mode version for each would follow at some point down the road. They didn't say this about Manaan or Rakata Prime, but it's safe to assume they have the same idea in mind for those two as well.

2) Bioware is going to need new FPs for the xpac, and that includes new Hard Modes as well. This gives them the perfect opportunity to provide us with four (4) "new" Hard Modes by converting tacticals that already exist.

3) These four tacticals are the beginning of the Story that the entire upcoming xpac is based around, so it only makes sense that they would want to keep these flashpoints relevant during that timeframe as well.

Edited by Terro_Fett

Like the people above me said ... 3.0 might bring the HM's for those.

Regarding the ease of tactical flashpoints ......... They are meant to be easy ..... just like directive 7 SM, Battle of Ilum SM and False Emperor SM are easy.

Tactical is just another word for story mode which bioware uses for group neutral story mode flashpoints. In theory the Esseless is partially a tactical flashpoint. Also bioware could make all other sm flashpoints tactical since its not like those need a tank+dps+heal combo. Add some kolto stations at bossfights and you're good to go. Only red reaper trash might be to hard for a combo with tank or heals.

Anyways ... point being ..... whenever you see the word 'tactical' assume and treat it as storymode.