Forged Alliances part III and Inquisitor

Trollokdamus

Hello there.

So i don't really understand a couple of moments in the Forged Alliances story.

Firstly, why doesn't the Inquisitor expose Arkous as a traitor to the rest of the Dark Council? He's even suggesting that in the pre-flashpoint cutscene, but is talked out of it by Lana Beniko's ridiculous argument: "He's known the others (members of the Council) for ages, they trust him implicitly". Uhm, so what? I'm a member of the Dark Council as well, with a stong tie to Darth Marr who trusts me and considers me his ally (Makeb experience). My accusation should be taken seriously.

Secondly, Lana Benico and the bounty on her head. The Inquisitor promises her to clear up the matter with the Dark Council, but is being fed with yet another ridiculous argument - i should disassociate myself from her because her name can't be cleared unless i expose the Revanites, and i can't expose the Revanites because there is noone to expose. I'm sorry, but WТF is that? What do you mean there is noone to expose? I surely still can expose Arkous, other Revanites that you've found, and clear your name!

To me it looks like the game forces me to follow the predetermined plot, even if it makes my character's actions look illogical and silly. What annoys me even more is that my character tries to act as he should (exposing the Revanites and clearing Lana's name), but the game just tells him "Nope, not going to happen because reasons!" and he obeys.

She mostly thought it would be the best to catch Arkous/expose the major Revanites to settle his treason rather than expose him because it might make it more difficult to catch him/expose them, because there are other Revanites in the Empire plus the power struggle between the Sith. It's not that simple. Edited by Slowpokeking

Unfortunately, it makes no sense because it had to be a generic story that all four characters (Bounty Hunter, Agent, Warrior and Inquisitor) could play through. It's not at all unique to the characters at all and I agree that it makes little sense that the Emperor's Wrath and a Dark Council member could go on a mission together to uncover the truth about Arkous and Darth Marr and the others would be like "Nah, we trust him more than your allegations and proof."

Also, i'm very disappointed that the same gender romance flirts consist of hand holding and a final hug, whereas my male toons have slept their way across the galaxy (Agent and Warrior were the biggest slores ever).

Unfortunately, it makes no sense because it had to be a generic story that all four characters (Bounty Hunter, Agent, Warrior and Inquisitor) could play through. It's not at all unique to the characters at all and I agree that it makes little sense that the Emperor's Wrath and a Dark Council member could go on a mission together to uncover the truth about Arkous and Darth Marr and the others would be like "Nah, we trust him more than your allegations and proof."

Also, i'm very disappointed that the same gender romance flirts consist of hand holding and a final hug, whereas my male toons have slept their way across the galaxy (Agent and Warrior were the biggest slores ever).

We are talking about the Sith, it's never decided by "right or wrong" but "power struggle", since there obviously still are Revanite members imposing high rank Imperial official, it totally makes sense to hide first then uncover them once and for all. It's kinda like in the IA story.

Jadus allowed the intelligence to be disbanded to lure out the Star Cabal.

I Really Hope We Can Get A Dark Council Meeting On This Expansion,And The Power Of The Revanites Is Too Strong To Be Beaten Now Lord Lana Beniko Is Right,You Need To Stay Neutral,They Will Probaly Try To Recruit You Or Kill You,Revan Know's Your Power And Revan Fell To The Dark Side Again So He Will Probaly Want A New Apprentice Or Servant,It's Boring That You Can't Invite A Meeting Sure,Or That Vitiate's Empire Is Being Thrown TO **** And He's Like"Screw It I".

I Also Think It's Past The Time Nox Or Marr Take THe Crown,Vitiate Is Clearly Unable To Lead Now And Nox Is Probaly The Only One Who Might Be Abble To Gain Vitiate's Power And Actually Kill Him For Good(No The Knight Never Killed Vitiate,Just A Pathetic Voice He Founded On Hurry.

"one who is not one."

One who is not Revan?

I could be wrong but then again, I believe the mail suggests that Revan will be bringing together both Republic and Imperial alike, in order to focus on a common enemy, namely the Emperor.

That, plus the Gospel of Mark 5:9, namely...

And He asked him, "What is thy name?" And he answered saying, "My name is Legion: for we are many."
^^ Probably inspired by that.

EDIT:

Now that I mention it, Bioware used it in the original ME and ME2.

In the first game, to claim that the Reapers were many and in ME2, there was this character who named himself "Legion" due to the number of routines and subroutines he had running.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Now that I mention it, Bioware used it in the original ME and ME2.

In the first game, to claim that the Reapers were many and in ME2, there was this character who named himself "Legion" due to the number of routines and subroutines he had running.

Hey now, Legion named himself Legion because EDI suggested it :p

At any rate, the Inquisitor cannot do anything to change the situation. You have no evidence of Arkous being a traitor. None. Nothing. Nothing at all. You can't expose them. Because the enemy thought ahead, and you didn't. The artifacts/technology retrieved from the Jedi Temple? Shared with the Sith after being done with it. The undersea facility on Manaan? Destroyed, because you busted in and saw what was going on. Rakata Prime? The Temple was ruined and sending ground teams to investigate is too dangerous because of the natives.

So what do you have? Any possible evidence Theron/Lana gathered? Can easily be declared as false and forged. Your word? Well, it's your word against the Revanites'. And they trusted Arkous more than you, the "new" face that rose to prominence faster than any of them would have liked. All your word achieves is discrediting yourself. And that opens up weaknesses other Sith will attempt to exploit to take your place. And then your place is taken by another Revanite and you have accomplished nothing but making everything even worse.

I guess the only Sith you can trust is Darth Charnus right now, who has made it his goal to destroy the Order of Revan. If he's still around, that is.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.