The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Give up 3.0 info

AussieAlan

I disagree. I found Makeb to be visually stunning, quite a step up from many of the earlier planets in the game. I really enjoyed both storylines too.

Where I did find it a step down compared with other planets was the fact we only got two stories to play there. Earlier planets other than the starter worlds had ten(!). That's a massive reduction and is the real thing that makes me dislike Makeb intensely. Once I have played it with one character on each side there is nothing new for me to do and it becomes a boring grind. It has nowhere near the replayability of the earlier planets.

Not entirely keen on the blackout taxi rides either, would have really been nice to see yourself soaring around the mesas. But that is a minor point compared to the huge story downgrade.

I agree that mob density and blacked-out taxi rides are disappointing. But, I understand those. They didn't create an entire planet to render and load, which is probably fine in the end, especially when coupled with the mob density. Systems would lag beyond all belief!

As for the story... I just replayed it for the first time and I think I like it better than I did at first. Of course, I was already fully leveled and just blew through it. So, when leveling, I might think less of it, with fewer side missions. But, I thought it was good for what it is.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that mob density and blacked-out taxi rides are disappointing. But, I understand those. They didn't create an entire planet to render and load, which is probably fine in the end, especially when coupled with the mob density. Systems would lag beyond all belief!

As for the story... I just replayed it for the first time and I think I like it better than I did at first. Of course, I was already fully leveled and just blew through it. So, when leveling, I might think less of it, with fewer side missions. But, I thought it was good for what it is.

Didn't they remove a buncha mobs awhile back? And they just added in the new healing buff thing. Even Bioware seems to realize players hate Makeb. Their metrics obviously show it.

Well, fingers crossed there will be no grouping requirement to see the follow up content and that it can be enjoyed without seeing the previous Flashpoints. And no, I can't possibly solo, seeing I am too frightened to approach a Group Finder.

I don't do group finder but I do group with my boyfriend and my guild. Maybe locate a guild and explain things to do why you may be hesistant to join groups and most guilds will work with you. It took my guild forever to get me to do groups but now I enjoy them as long I am with them.

Didn't they remove a buncha mobs awhile back? And they just added in the new healing buff thing. Even Bioware seems to realize players hate Makeb. Their metrics obviously show it.

Yes, and it is *a little* better. Like I mentioned, the mob density is one of the things I dislike. I think they did it, initially, because there would be a huge wave of players going through and they wanted them all to be able to do missions and bonuses without having to camp. It was a mistake.

But, I still stand by my statement that there was an appropriate amount of story.

Yes, and it is *a little* better. Like I mentioned, the mob density is one of the things I dislike. I think they did it, initially, because there would be a huge wave of players going through and they wanted them all to be able to do missions and bonuses without having to camp. It was a mistake.

But, I still stand by my statement that there was an appropriate amount of story.

Appropriate is an understatement.

The pacing and writing for the Imperial storyline was absolutely exquisite. Quality over quantity is good.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Try running the storyline 8 times per faction, then tell me its exquisite >_>

While I'm not one to cry for more class stories (beating a dead horse and all that), going with 1 storyline per faction isnt a great idea. Personally I have 10 imperial 55s now, and 7 reps (gunslinger makes me sad), and I've done makeb on half of them, give or take. Not because the story is bad, but because it gets boring. Class stories don't get boring, because I do them at most twice. Except the agent one, which I have done thrice, as it is amazing. Also working on another sorc and merc :3

Rambling aside, makeb story was great first time, good second time, ok third time, *I WANT TO STAB A KITTEN* fourth time.

Edited by ronniehenlau

Pretty much this, but I only did it twice. Once for pub, once for imp. All 12 of my other characters are still lvl 49-51..... Because I won't go anywhere close to makeb again.

With exp boosts my last 3 or so levelling characters have got to 55 before I'd even thought about going to Makeb so I've not bothered. Ilum, Belsavis bonus (not sec X) and 1 mission of black hole got my last one to 55.

I really should go check it out since they've made it less mob dense. It might not be such a dull boring grind any more.

I don't do group finder but I do group with my boyfriend and my guild. Maybe locate a guild and explain things to do why you may be hesistant to join groups and most guilds will work with you.

While perfectly viable options, I still dislike the use of the Flashpoint format as a story delivery vehicle by two simple reasons:

1. Flashpoint is a content that has to be played in a single block, beginning to end to follow the entire story. No stopping, interruptions, etc. And if you do follow the story, it takes a long time (about an hour, hour and a half) to get through even basic flash-point like Esseless. That is by far less forgivable format than the story-telling is in the main body of the game, and well, let's say easily incompatible with a lifestyle of chores and obligations and sudden interruptions. The time pressure (as well as the pressure to perform) does nothing to increase story enjoyment.

2. The content for most players (save for those exceptional ones who can solo content normally designed for 4 players) is delivered in a group setting which means that each dialogue is RNG dependent, and the experience becomes disjointed, to say the least. Even if there is nobody yelling in the background to spacebar for god's sake, there is definitely no escaping, trying different options, and playing it through with your character. What's done is done, and radically different choices could be taken at every turn, white knight on one line, a slaughterer of puppies on another.

Edited by DomiSotto

You nailed it. We have been holding back 3.0 details because <SPOILERS!!>. But now that Forged Alliances is out there with this morning's launch of 2.10 we're letting folks have a little time with Rakata Prime and then spilling the beans on 3.0. Look for a teaser within a week, and then a full announce before the end of month!

Q,Q Please!! tell me you heard our begs and we can have Lana and Theron stay as companions... I dont want to say goodbye to my dear Lana... :(

You nailed it. We have been holding back 3.0 details because <SPOILERS!!>. But now that Forged Alliances is out there with this morning's launch of 2.10 we're letting folks have a little time with Rakata Prime and then spilling the beans on 3.0. Look for a teaser within a week, and then a full announce before the end of month!

What i wanna know is that now you guys have brought back "milkman"(Revan) how much will he be milking us for? Meaning : what will be the price of 3.0 "expansion"? Of course other freemium games like DDO/lotro/dcuo/eq2 give subscribers full access to all of their expansion(lose access as soon as sub run out though) but you guys are not like that, so how about giving the price upfront so that i can decide if it is worth sticking around for.

What i wanna know is that now you guys have brought back "milkman"(Revan) how much will he be milking us for? Meaning : what will be the price of 3.0 "expansion"? Of course other freemium games like DDO/lotro/dcuo/eq2 give subscribers full access to all of their expansion(lose access as soon as sub run out though) but you guys are not like that, so how about giving the price upfront so that i can decide if it is worth sticking around for.

I can only speak for Lotro, but there subscribers still have to buy the expansion to get the expansion. The area the expansion is in however i believe is open if it was that you meant. Not sure about the epic quests (story questline) if they must have the expansion as well, or the "ordinary" quests.

Anyways, if it indeed is a "Makebstyle" expansion, i would expect it to be priced accordingly. 10 $ for subs preorder and 20 $ for premium and f2p if i remember correctly,

I can only speak for Lotro, but there subscribers still have to buy the expansion to get the expansion. The area the expansion is in however i believe is open if it was that you meant. Not sure about the epic quests (story questline) if they must have the expansion as well, or the "ordinary" quests.

Anyways, if it indeed is a "Makebstyle" expansion, i would expect it to be priced accordingly. 10 $ for subs preorder and 20 $ for premium and f2p if i remember correctly,

That changed quite a while ago, about 2(or 1 and half) years ago i believe, several month after SOE decided that eq2 players will no longer have to buy expansions as long as they are subscriber, they would lose access to expansion content and toon if the sub drop.

ANd yeah i am hoping that pricing will be like last time too but you know the last "expansion" did not have "milkman"(revan) this one will have "milkman" as main attraction, thus my question.

Pretty much this, but I only did it twice. Once for pub, once for imp. All 12 of my other characters are still lvl 49-51..... Because I won't go anywhere close to makeb again.

This ^ 13 toons and finished Makeb twice.... I would rather run Kuat Drive Yards 150 times than level on that planet.

That changed quite a while ago, about 2(or 1 and half) years ago i believe, several month after SOE decided that eq2 players will no longer have to buy expansions as long as they are subscriber, they would lose access to expansion content and toon if the sub drop.

ANd yeah i am hoping that pricing will be like last time too but you know the last "expansion" did not have "milkman"(revan) this one will have "milkman" as main attraction, thus my question.

Ah didn't knew that. A while since i subbed in Lotro. So if I understand correctly, if i go there and sub for a month, I will get full access to the expansions for that month? Last expansion i bought there was Rise of Isengard

Ohh plz no....I'd rather play SW Kenect (the dancing part :confused: ) with my kids, than do anything related to PvP again. Apparently I'm a "clicker" or something like that :D

pffft...I bet 85% of the players are "clickers"...don't let one bad experience spoil it for you. PvP can be quite fun! :)

pffft...I bet 85% of the players are "clickers"...don't let one bad experience spoil it for you. PvP can be quite fun! :)

any system where half the players are required to lose is a system destined to frustrate and infuriate a good portion of its participants and not just the losers, either.

any system where half the players are required to lose is a system destined to frustrate and infuriate a good portion of its participants and not just the losers, either.

Very true, which is why I'm ok with Bolster and making PvP rewarding, even in a loss.

Ohh plz no....I'd rather play SW Kenect (the dancing part :confused: ) with my kids, than do anything related to PvP again. Apparently I'm a "clicker" or something like that :D

*psst...* I have a secret to tell: I, too, am a clicker.

There, I put it out there. I'm a clicker and I PvP and it doesn't even always go horribly. :eek: PvP just takes practice, no matter how you control your character.