[New] ** The Shadowlands Progression **

Tealik

Think he said something about reporting Churb's posts but then decided to edit them out for fear or getting reported himself for calling out an individual?

Anyways back on topic, would love to see videos shown for the benefit of the Shadowlands community. I mean out of 8 or 16 ppl surely someone would be able to stream? Also it helps out the Shadowlands community by demonstrating / teaching some great tactics for us folks who are not as PvE savvy. Overall highly encouraged for the sake of the Shadowlands community.

Edited by ParagonAX

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will indeed be changing up some of the rules, and looking further into how to keep this as a well structured system. The video vs. screen shot battle is one that I've thought about. If I were to force a video only rule, so that to verify exploits, then I will in fact be disregarding a large number of guilds who don't/can't do any kind of recording/streaming. This is something that will have to be thought about moving forward.

Maybe depending on the number of competing guilds just have to rank in top 3(can change) you have to have video proof. If its very few guilds it could obviously be #1 & #2 only. Hopefully we can get atleast 5-15 competing guilds though.

edited this in, in reply to the below post : put a * next to it and sort at bottom until proof ( below ppl w/ proved kills, even if its say 4/5* put below say 2/5 ) but wouldn't really apply any of the new rules to already-done progression

Edited by michaelsith

Maybe depending on the number of competing guilds just have to rank in top 3(can change) you have to have video proof. If its very few guilds it could obviously be #1 & #2 only. Hopefully we can get atleast 5-15 competing guilds though.

well for redemption, only thal records, and he isn't always on for the runs.

Yeah, like I said, it's going to be tough. I love the community on The Shadowlands and I want to be able to include everyone. I'll definitely come up with something in the meantime and let everyone know. Thanks for everyones input!

What happened to your paragraph?

Yes I wrote a long post calling out churb on a bunch of stuff. but then I saw g_land's post and realized that this entire conversation has been one long troll. Congrats, Churb. You successfully derailed this entire thread. #slowclap

Yes I wrote a long post calling out churb on a bunch of stuff. but then I saw g_land's post and realized that this entire conversation has been one long troll. Congrats, Churb. You successfully derailed this entire thread. #slowclap

this is no troll, my arguments are all valid and true in their objective of preserving the highest standard of pve progression.

Well yeah, tho I still have a kill recording for all the NiM bosses we've done so far, I'm just too lazy to edit and upload them all :p I'm back on most runs now too since I don't sleep anymore, so if we ever down Council, it will be recorded :rolleyes: Also working on a wipe compilation on council because I'm just loose like that...

Edited by Dage

Thanks T for taking on the task of updating this for us. I also will say welcome back to Bawoni and The Chandrian.

As to the issue of legitimacy of kill posts/claims, methinks that we must trust in the system that has worked thus far. Where there is proof, be it documented, video, or anecdotal, of exploitation or other form of cheating then the claim must be repudiated.

Given that claims of honourable achievement will likely be suspect henceforth, I submit that a guild attempting a world or server first kill should have some means of establishing the veracity of their kill claim should they succeed: the most obvious means being via video evidence. Should Shadowed be in position in the future to be contending for a "first," I will be ensuring we have appropriate supporting evidence to our claim.

I don't feel that a guild/player(s) that was previously found to have made an illegitimate claim should be banned from making future claims. It is entirely reasonable however, to expect future claims from these sources to be fully supported by whatever unaltered evidence Tealik and/or the community might require for their claim to be held as valid.

Did it ever occur to any of you that there are PvE guilds on Shadowlands clearing content without feeling any need to tell any of you about it, or post anything on this subforum?

The only one I know of was omgPINK but that was a while ago during TFB and SnV NiM. I'm not sure what their current situation is with Triumph. Apart from that, most of the progression guilds on server are somewhat vocal of their kills.

NOOOO MY EYES! THEY BURN!!! I'm pretty sure I can count the number of pixels in that screenshot with fingers and toes.

i normally play on ultra but swtor seems to be getting worse fps for me lately and that FP forced me to go to low settings to go from 20 on high to like 50 something on low