A Lesson Learned

pattongb

BW has learned a valuable lesson today, one that as a General Manager of a multi-million dollar business I learned a long time ago:

Give people an inch these days and they want a mile.

You were gracious enough to allow EA. Then you were even kinder and gave an extra 2 days on top of that.

Most pre-orders are going to get AT LEAST 5 days early access, which is exactly what you were gracious enough to offer.

Yet you are still being attacked by the self entitled. Thats how it is these days.

Sorry about all the bozos. Dont worry, after all the babies get their invites in the next 2 days you wont here another peep out of them.

Well at least until they think they have something coming to them again...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What? At no point was it said that every pre-order will get atleast 5 days.

Infact, Stephen Reid has said that there will be people unable to play by the 19th. I'm going to take this thread with a grain of salt.

Good attempt though, I guess.

Edited by AkilZodiac

BW has learned a valuable lesson today, one that as a General Manager of a multi-million dollar business I learned a long time ago:

You were gracious enough to allow EA. Then you were even kinder and gave an extra 2 days on top of that.

Most pre-orders are going to get AT LEAST 5 days early access, which is exactly what you were gracious enough to offer.

Yet you are still being attacked by the self entitled. Thats how it is these days.

Sorry about all the bozos. Dont worry, after all the babies get their invites in the next 2 days you wont here another peep out of them.

They didn't even say "AT LEAST" they said "Up to". The only real promise they made was you'd have at the very least 1 day EA. Anything else is bonus. Not many games even give you any kind of EA and demand the same up front 5 dollars towards a pre-order only to play on launch day where you can't even get in and run into all sorts of bugs and issues.

What? At no point was it said that every pre-order will get atleast 5 days.

Infact, Stephen Reid has said that there will be people unable to play by the 19th. I'm going to take this thread with a grain of salt.

Good attempt though, I guess.

That is unexceptable; I didn't read that anywhere. I preorder the CE on Nov 26th and I can tell you right now I am dropping my down to a regular version of the game.

Then the same babies will complain about not having server transfers available and having to wait for queues to get in.

There is no satisfying pathological brats.

Gracious? You do realize they are doing it for their benefit and not ours right? Convenient is the better word.

Well thank you very much Mister pompous full of himself :)

You were gracious enough to allow EA. Then you were even kinder and gave an extra 2 days on top of that..

Regardless of the content of the rest of your post this made me laugh. The EA is a marketing and PR move. If they didn't think it would make them more money they wouldn't of done it. Bioware isn't out of Atlas Shrugged.

That is unexceptable; I didn't read that anywhere. I preorder the CE on Nov 26th and I can tell you right now I am dropping my down to a regular version of the game.

Just because YOU didn't read it doesn't make it not true.

Obviously you should read more.

We knew how this was going to go for months,

I'm sorry you're upset that you weren't invited today, but 500,000 other people were.

Just wait your turn like an adult, or go somewhere else.

Edited by iwakurakaitou

Just because YOU didn't read it doesn't make it not true.

Obviously you should read more.

We knew how this was going to go for months,

I'm sorry you're upset that you were invited today, but 500,000 other people were.

Just wait your turn like an adult, or go somewhere else.

500k people were NOT invited today.

While the original poster is correct in many ways. I think there are several reasons people get so upset at the staggered start of an MMO

1. Name reservation - In most new games getting a name that your friends associated over a period of years and several games is important and the fact that others get in and reserve that name before you can IS a big deal.

2. Leveling with your friends - anyone who played the beta understands that 1-2 days of played time effectively eliminates the chance you'll even do anything with your friends unless they just stop playing.

3. Ganking - sure that won't be an issue today or even this week but within a week you will see those who powered up to 50 and don't have anyone to run raids with spending their time ganking on lower level planets.

4. Situations like mine where i ordered a CE from a vendor and after multiple phone calls, emails on an almost daily basis at times not receiving an early access code i finally ordered from another vendor. Of course this completely screwed me even though my initial order was on day 1. (for you flamers out there I know this isn't bioware's problem, it's the vendor's problem but it sure doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy when i am sitting here without access on day 1 i'll tell you that.)