"Vivicar Awaits" bugged?

Zhadila

Oh, thank you. I was wondering how he killed me when I was at 3/4 life and he was barely alive.

That would have been force crush, his one shot ability. Interrupt this and you'll be fine, or if you're a sage, kite is bum around the room. That's what I did, slow him to a crawl, keep running and put any kind of DoTs up on him. Slowly you kill him, but kill him you will.

That would have been force crush, his one shot ability. Interrupt this and you'll be fine, or if you're a sage, kite is bum around the room. That's what I did, slow him to a crawl, keep running and put any kind of DoTs up on him. Slowly you kill him, but kill him you will.

Spam interrupts (e.g. mindsnap) and stuns (force stun). He's difficult if you're seer specced.

Bring a friend, pref a DPS if you're the same level. You can down him in less than 20 seconds that way, esp w/ a gunslinger.

There's a few bosses like this in the consular questline. The endgame boss is absolutely brutal, btw if you're pure seer-specced. I wiped with help on him. There's a boss before him that everyone who played died a few times on. LOS, need I say more.

You may want to level w/a hybrid build. This is coming from someone who played a seer to 50. The JK is the same way (except worse IMO). FP's and Ops presume a pure tank, but levelling one in PVP and PVE is horrible.

Edited by cioran

same ole crap here too. On my Consular, I went into the ship, defeated everyone in the hangar, beat the first Corrupted Leader, but when I get to the room with the Security Console and I click it, NOTHING Happens. This is soooo wrong. My story line is now at a complete STOP. Total bull.......very dissapointed. I have read all kinds of forums, and threads written on 'how to fix', but there is no fix. I'm pretty ticked about this. I have a 50 Trooper, and this toon was so much fun to level and follow til now. Definately a gamebreaker..:mad::(:confused:

Perhaps if you get closer. I have had that problem with certain mission objectives, and that worked for me when I was on top of it practically lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Interrupting him is key. Right at the start, and whenever his blue cast bar emerges. Keep you eye on it. If you do this, he is easy to defeat with Qyzen. I did him first go, lvl31, as a shadow tank. He really is easy if you keep your interrupts ready to go. And keep force breaching him...

• 2 weeks later...
Interrupting him is key. Right at the start, and whenever his blue cast bar emerges. Keep you eye on it. If you do this, he is easy to defeat with Qyzen. I did him first go, lvl31, as a shadow tank. He really is easy if you keep your interrupts ready to go. And keep force breaching him...

I will say an easy way to beat this entire zone and the boss is to be higher then 34 when you reach him. If you do every sidequest on every planet up to this, daily pvp and mission quests, and daily starship missions you can easily be above 37. I was 37 and 3/4 when I fought him and only died once or twice because getting the feel for the interrupts can be tricky when you have 300ms lag...lol

I actually found that with Theran Cedrax and holiday up that using the 3 sage interrupts and deploy holiday and healing myself while KITING the boss made it cake downed in first try with heal pet...

The trick is when you see him start GLOWING darkish RED/BLACK and hear a certain techno sounding sound on repeat that is his big bomb and you need to Interrupt it with whatever you have and run/heal until he is dead.

This boss actually does have a preferred skill order... first he spams http://www.torhead.com/ability/e6toc9I/obliterate

Get your interrupts ready then because 95% of the time he always follows that with http://www.torhead.com/ability/2NPz3TC/force-crush

ALWAYS interrupt that and kite him down while healing yourself with heals and theran and this boss becomes a cake-fest.

:cool::):p

Edited by Lilluvless

I had an issue on the same mission where, after using the second terminal, I was taken to my ship. I went back to the terminal and could not use it and could not proceed. I ended up having to reset my local phase, reset the quest, go back on my ship, fly elsewhere, and fly back to the ship to restart the mission.

You can use your Emergency fleet pass to go back to the fleet. Just fly back to the ship when you're ready.

• 2 weeks later...
Is this still happening to anyone else? I've reset the quest three times now and each time at the third security terminal I find myself unable to move forward.

Yep im bugged and cant get past this stupid door

you need to leave the fleet and go to another planet make 1-2 mission and reset your classe mission. you go back on the vivicars fleet and mak the complet mission again( try to not die , it make the mission bug)

i had the same probleme

I did this mission last time and had no problems other than I forgot to interrupt Vivicar's one-shot on Qyzen the first time. Second time around was a piece of cake. Guess I got lucky with no bug problems. Also, after you beat him remember to take your ship back to fleet as I used the Emergency Pass back to Fleet and had to go back in my ship travel to another place and then travel back to fleet. I know there are a lot of people complaining about this game but I'm loving it (also new to the mmo world even though I have played console games for 3 decades0...

Well, I faced the infamous Lord Vivacar last night. I went into it as a level 30 Shadow and left at level 31. While the fight with Vivacar was difficult, getting to him was the real challenge. Using my stealth to attack from allowed me to defeat the forces arrayed before me in Vivacar's last ditch effort to stop my character. I used Theran in heal mode allowing me to concentrate more on defeating my opponents and less on health management.

I did worry about the glitches throughout the battle; however, I faced none of them. When I faced Vivacar I kept him from using any of his one-shot death powers, while Theran used Holliday to keep him entertained at times. In the end, I dropped him like a bad habit. And true to my nature as a Jedi, I shielded him against the monster controlling him. A proud moment to be sure. So far, I am thoroughly enjoying myself and this storyline. Now, I'm in the Rift storyline and had a great time saving the Fortitude and killing all the Sith and Imperials onboard. Funny thing though, I meet Nadia here. I'm not sure if I pick her up now or later. I did not expect to meet her this early. Anyway, I thought I'd share my experience with this part of the story.