Im just gonna go ahead and say it...

keiklo

Where is SPACE? where is the black void with stars and galaxies spinning off in the distance? I know im going to catch grief for this but im saying it anyway. Where is SPACE. When SWTOR was announced players feared it would shut down SWG, after being lied to and told it wouldn't "both games can co-exist, and we dont see any reason they shouldnt" SWG was forced to close later that year taking with it one of the most immersive SPACE games i have ever played second to EVE Online. GSF is fine for the casual player that likes mini games and Sky battles ( I refuse to call them space as you can literally see the ground in many of them) is just horrible space on rails. No what I want and im sure the one that read this and arent just trolling will agree with me is SPACE. Now what do i mean, we have GSF right.....No.

When i say space i don't mean a timed instance, or space on rails, or a forced POV. I mean get in my ship launch into space and shoot at stuff, loot weapons and credits, make space parts Craftable, make them tradeable, NO SPACE PARTS ON Cartel Market unless cosmetic only, Give parts Unique stats, and features, allow them to be re-enginnered and combined. Anyone that played or ever watched SWG space content knows what im talking about. Im talking about loading a full group into a gunship going to void of space and open world PVPing via a PVP flag, im talking about taking off in your ship and only ever landing to sell loot or buy missiles. Please Bioware/EA

I have done what you forced me to do and left SWG, i came here and gave you my money for the last 2 (almost 3) years, PLEASE hear our pleas, you did good with housing (even if hooks are a bit to get used too and limit creativity) but please do not stop there, you dont have to be SWG but please use what they had in place and pay attention to what was good while sorting out the bad. SPACE was practically 2nd to NONE and for many players was the reason they played SWG I know i was one of them. PLEASE give us genuine space no more instanced battlezones no more space on rails, PLEASE

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I agree somewhat. GSF already exists so why not add PVE elements? Nobody is asking for SWG2, that ship has sailed, but some space PVE , not on rails, would be nifty

I completely agree with this, I would love some PvE GSF. But you can ask for that without the 'woe is me I miss SWG so much' drama.

Where is SPACE? where is the black void with stars and galaxies spinning off in the distance? I know im going to catch grief for this but im saying it anyway. Where is SPACE. When SWTOR was announced players feared it would shut down SWG, after being lied to and told it wouldn't "both games can co-exist, and we dont see any reason they shouldnt" SWG was forced to close later that year taking with it one of the most immersive SPACE games i have ever played second to EVE Online. GSF is fine for the casual player that likes mini games and Sky battles ( I refuse to call them space as you can literally see the ground in many of them) is just horrible space on rails. No what I want and im sure the one that read this and arent just trolling will agree with me is SPACE. Now what do i mean, we have GSF right.....No.

When i say space i don't mean a timed instance, or space on rails, or a forced POV. I mean get in my ship launch into space and shoot at stuff, loot weapons and credits, make space parts Craftable, make them tradeable, NO SPACE PARTS ON Cartel Market unless cosmetic only, Give parts Unique stats, and features, allow them to be re-enginnered and combined. Anyone that played or ever watched SWG space content knows what im talking about. Im talking about loading a full group into a gunship going to void of space and open world PVPing via a PVP flag, im talking about taking off in your ship and only ever landing to sell loot or buy missiles. Please Bioware/EA

I have done what you forced me to do and left SWG, i came here and gave you my money for the last 2 (almost 3) years, PLEASE hear our pleas, you did good with housing (even if hooks are a bit to get used too and limit creativity) but please do not stop there, you dont have to be SWG but please use what they had in place and pay attention to what was good while sorting out the bad. SPACE was practically 2nd to NONE and for many players was the reason they played SWG I know i was one of them. PLEASE give us genuine space no more instanced battlezones no more space on rails, PLEASE

Very short answer: Star Wars was never about space or space exploration.

Think about the movies and ask yourself about how space, space travel and space story in general was portrayed in them. There is your answer.

A panel of experts* has, after years** of careful study, that space would be too much fun for them to implement.

You see, 'fun' is a precious commodity and limited manufactured resource***. If they simply went around making fun things because they're fun, soon, the whole world would find that there was no more fun to be used. It would all be gone****, and then color would bleed out of reality*****, leaving us stuck in the land of Oz before they switched to technicolor film******.

* - the experts are actually just me.

** - dog years, at best.

*** - this is a lie.

**** - this is too.

***** - still lying, though it might be cool for a while.

****** - we wouldn't actually be stuck. We could just take the wardrobe to Narnia and get home that way.

A panel of experts* has, after years** of careful study, that space would be too much fun for them to implement.

You see, 'fun' is a precious commodity and limited manufactured resource***. If they simply went around making fun things because they're fun, soon, the whole world would find that there was no more fun to be used. It would all be gone****, and then color would bleed out of reality*****, leaving us stuck in the land of Oz before they switched to technicolor film******.

* - the experts are actually just me.

** - dog years, at best.

*** - this is a lie.

**** - this is too.

***** - still lying, though it might be cool for a while.

****** - we wouldn't actually be stuck. We could just take the wardrobe to Narnia and get home that way.

That is a lot of asterisks. :p

I think it was established long ago that this engine cannot support something like Open Space (a very very very large instance), no?

Imagine that game engines are people in a town. This engine is a sag-faced, Uncle Ruckus eyed hobo muttering obscenities to itself while it digs through the rich guy Blizzard's garbage looking for things to smear on itself in some mad delusion that it will become Blizzard if it wears enough of its old, thrown-out neckties.

After seeing everything it couldn't do since launch, I remain unconvinced that its been significantly improved. They've simply sprayed it with a hose to get some of the stink off, and perhaps attacked it with a broom once or twice that incidentally got parts of it clean.

I still wouldn't trust it in dark alleys or under even remotely stressful circumstances. Its benign for now, but it could become violent at any moment.

Edited by Uruare

Very short answer: Star Wars was never about space or space exploration.

Think about the movies and ask yourself about how space, space travel and space story in general was portrayed in them. There is your answer.

actually space plays a big part in the star wars universe... heck its even in its name!! there are plenty of references in the movies and even more in the novels.

actually space plays a big part in the star wars universe... heck its even in its name!! there are plenty of references in the movies and even more in the novels.

Very little of the movies actually happens in space. Sure space is part of it and there are some battles in space but most of the SW stories is what happens on various planets.

And we have space in game. There are space missions and gsf and you can travel with your SPACE ship and look into space from docking stations. We have guild flagships now...in space. The fleet is in space, you can travel through space between 3 of the ships in the fleet. Some of the quests take you to space ships in space around the galaxy, which is space.

So really, there is space in the game, just not the way our sandbox loving OP wants it. And SWTOR has never been a sandbox game. I don't know why people have a hard time understanding that.

So really, there is space in the game, just not the way our sandbox loving OP wants it. And SWTOR has never been a sandbox game. I don't know why people have a hard time understanding that.

Yes, this. Examine what it is you're asking for. In this case, what is being asked it that the game change from a story based, quest driven game to an open world sandbox. That is not this game. It's another game entirely. It's also not the kind of game Bioware makes, so I'm not even sure why one would expect it. Bioware does engaging stories, excellent acting and dialogues in those stories and immersive companion interactions. It does it very, very well. It does not do sandbox games and this game was never designed to support that. And honestly? That's why I'm here. For a Bioware game. Not SWG. Not ESO in space. I'm very happy playing SW:TOR.

Edited by errant_knight

Imagine that game engines are people in a town. This engine is a sag-faced, Uncle Ruckus eyed hobo muttering obscenities to itself while it digs through the rich guy Blizzard's garbage looking for things to smear on itself in some mad delusion that it will become Blizzard if it wears enough of its old, thrown-out neckties.

After seeing everything it couldn't do since launch, I remain unconvinced that its been significantly improved. They've simply sprayed it with a hose to get some of the stink off, and perhaps attacked it with a broom once or twice that incidentally got parts of it clean.

I still wouldn't trust it in dark alleys or under even remotely stressful circumstances. Its benign for now, but it could become violent at any moment.

I stopped reading at "Imagine," I get it the engine is garbage but if you wanna imagine then imagine you have everything you could possibly ever want in this game. That said never played SWG myself

Very little of the movies actually happens in space. Sure space is part of it and there are some battles in space but most of the SW stories is what happens on various planets.

And we have space in game. There are space missions and gsf and you can travel with your SPACE ship and look into space from docking stations. We have guild flagships now...in space. The fleet is in space, you can travel through space between 3 of the ships in the fleet. Some of the quests take you to space ships in space around the galaxy, which is space.

you are correct SWTOR was never a sandbox game instead its a go here and do this and don't deviate from the path we have put down for you. it was meant to be an MMO but plays more like a single player game.

you may like being limited in your games but i for one would like to be able to get off the trail and go and explore. having the ability to explore don't make it sandbox, it makes it more fun.

I stopped reading at "Imagine," I get it the engine is garbage but if you wanna imagine then imagine you have everything you could possibly ever want in this game. That said never played SWG myself

Then you missed something intended more for a chuckle than for much else.

This whole 'I stopped reading at X' motif, it's really made silly gits out of many.

Always read the whole thing before you comment.

Otherwise, you wind up taking jokes seriously and other easily avoidable mistakes.

Edited by Uruare

Actually I agree somewhat. GSF already exists so why not add PVE elements? Nobody is asking for SWG2, that ship has sailed, but some space PVE , not on rails, would be nifty

It's atleast in the wall of crazy, if not already being developed as the next free expansion.