Scammed on the GTN

xxZiriusxx

I don't even...have you even read anything I said? It would appear not.

I did. We just have different interpretations on the subject.

That's all.

Again, you seem to focus entirely on the seller being both deceptive and dishonest. I sure agree he is, as I mentioned earlier in this same thread.

However, the listing was not...

All the info was there, starting with the price per unit, the number of units and the total price. The OP - unfortunately - did not pay close attention and even though he probably did NOT get what he anticipated, he got EXACTLY(!) what he purchased.

I have a hard time seeing how you to call that a "scam".

Edited by Darth_Wicked

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's all.

Again, you seem to focus entirely on the seller being both deceptive and dishonest. I sure agree he is, as I mentioned earlier in this same thread.

All the info was there, starting with the price per unit, the number of units and the total price. The OP - unfortunately - did not pay close attention and even though he probably did NOT get what he anticipated, he got EXACTLY(!) what he purchased.

I have a hard time seeing how you can call that a scam.

Also if you can call that a scam, what do you call people who list items for way lower than intended by forgetting a few zeros?

Would you be scamming the seller?

No.

Yet again, the listing itself was accurate.

Or you're going to tell me that the buyer did not pay 333 for one piece of Turadium as advertised? Again, where's the scam in that?

I think either I'm misreading the original post, or you are. (Or it got changed somewhere in the thread, since I didn't read all 15 pages)

I misread a listing of 5 turabium for 333k, instead of 333 credits and , well, i bought 5 for 1.9M. I understand the fault is mine and that was the intent of the scam, but am totally destroyed that my work for the last 3 weeks is gone in seconds. Is there a way to reverse this or any solution?

If I got it right he bought 5 pieces, each priced one at 333 000 - instead of the buying them at 333 credits a piece like he was hoping to do.

Or did I misread something and did he wind up buying an ungodly amount of metals? In which case the solution would be an easy one, start reselling at a profit! :p

Edited by Callaron

Also if you can call that a scam, what do you call people who list items for way lower than intended by forgetting a few zeros?

No.

Of course it is ;)

And everyone who has gotten a great deal like that should return said property and be prosecuted for theft.

No.

Only you, Reno. :D

I think either I'm misreading the original post, or you are. (Or it got changed somewhere in the thread, since I didn't read all 15 pages)

If I got it right he bought 5 pieces, each priced one at 333 000 - instead of the buying them at 333 credits a piece like he was hoping to do.

Or did I misread something and did he wind up buying an ungodly amount of metals? In which case the solution would be an easy one, start reselling at a profit! :p

That is correct. ;)

I forgot the "k" back there.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Of course it is ;)

And everyone who has gotten a great deal like that should return said property and be prosecuted for theft.

The seller deserves the items back because based on the arguments from some here they have been scammed by fraudulent buyers who have taken advantage of poor eyesight, a late night and tiredness. Shame on them!

The seller deserves the items back because based on the arguments from some here they have been scammed by fraudulent buyers who have taken advantage of poor eyesight, a late night and tiredness. Shame on them!

And according to some it is actual theft and has real legal ramifications.

I see, so seeing a great bargain and taking advantage of it is the same as as actively trying to deceive people.

Good stuff. :)

he was not scammed, the merchandise was advertised at a price and he bought it, the seller never contacted the buyer offering him a merchandise, scam is when the seller contacts a buyer an offers a merchandise for certain price and then sells it for another.

Its the difference between , and . for the unit price. A lot of the problem could be solved by simply rounding to the nearest credit.

Why can people just not be responsible for being sure that they sorted properly? It's not hard. It takes almost no time. People always just looking for someone to blame because nothing is their own fault (not referring to the OP, who admitted mistake).

That's all.

I have a hard time seeing how you to call that a "scam".

Based on the dictionary definition of scam.

1scam noun \ˈskam\

: a dishonest way to make money by deceiving people

Given that you admit the seller is both deceptive & dishonest & is using that to make money I'm not sure how you call it anything but a scam.

1scam noun \ˈskam\

Given that you admit the seller is both deceptive & dishonest & is using that to make money I'm not sure how you call it anything but a scam.

It's not a scam. He knowingly bought it and got what he paid for.

The real issue is he didn't pay attention to what he bought.

That's on him, not the seller.

Why can people just not be responsible for being sure that they sorted properly? It's not hard. It takes almost no time. People always just looking for someone to blame because nothing is their own fault (not referring to the OP, who admitted mistake).

Why can't BW display the numbers consistently?

Just because the OP failed to assess the price correctly doesn't mean that the system is flawles, or that people aren't trying to take advantage of the flaws.

1scam noun \ˈskam\

You're trying too hard.

As I ALSO(!!!) said... :rolleyes:

(...) However, the listing was not...

All the info was there, starting with the price per unit, the number of units and the total price. The OP - unfortunately - did not pay close attention and even though he probably did NOT get what he anticipated, he got EXACTLY(!) what he purchased. (...)

There was no contact between the seller and the buyer prior to the transaction and the listing itself was both accurate and precise, with full disclosure pertaining the number of units, price per unit and total price.

You're just clutching at straws.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

well the bigger problem is the difference between , and .

In 'Murica we use . as a radix point in other cultures the , is a radix point.

so 300,000 and 300.000 would be the same number. But that doesnt excuse someone from seeing a price of 333,333 credits and thinking its 333.333 but also the fact that if I remember correctly it only shows 2 decimal places so someone would expect to see 333.33 or 33,333.33 33,333 should tell you we dont' get down to 1000'th of credits.

Bottom line, If they try to make it idiot proof we'll just make a bigger idiot and demand Bioware does more to protect the idiots.

One simple change that Bioware could make would be to already default to lowest unit cost first. Or give a toggle to have it be lowest price or lowest unit cost first users choice.

No rational person, other than buying from a friend, would buy anything but the lowest price listing anyway.